You just never know......this happened at a funeral ! - Page 2

You just never know......this happened at a funeral !

This is a discussion on You just never know......this happened at a funeral ! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry for the passing of your Father. We are losing the greatest generation on a daily basis. I look to the older generation for wisdom ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You just never know......this happened at a funeral !

Sorry for the passing of your Father. We are losing the greatest generation on a daily basis. I look to the older generation for wisdom and guidance because one of these days (and it is coming all too soon) we will be it. Just imagine the day when we look around and we are the older wiser ones without them here to help us. Sobering thought. So much history, sacrifice, honor, wisdom...we owe our Veterans a debt that cannot be repaid. We can only live our lives in a manner that brings honor to their sacrifices. With all due respect to your Father and all Veterans and their families, Thank You.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Sorry for you loss ppk, lost my dad two years ago, I know what your going through. It is my belief that we will see our loved ones again in a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Sorry for you loss ppk, lost my dad two years ago, I know what your going through. It is my belief that we will see our loved ones again in a better place.
    On God's golden shore the Glory of The Lord shall shine upon us brighter than any sun and His Grace, like rain, shall fall upon us until we are saturated in His Spirit. Look upon this day not with sadness, for what a joy it wil be to behold. Amen.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Usually when somebody is acting in a way that most people would find strange,It raises there sense of awareness,not unlike animals in the wild always wary of being attacked.It's possible that the funeral director has had runins with the individual in the past
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I carried at my Mom's funeral 2 years ago. Why should I do anything differently just because I'm going to a funeral? Would she want me and my family to be defenseless and vulnerable in her honor? I don't think so.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Oh and I hope Supergrade is not a troll picking on one of our members at a time of loss.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I could not carry at my mothers funeral. It was in ILLINOIS.

The funeral director who did my father-in-law's funeral 4 years ago carries concealed. I have shot with him a couple of times and he is pretty decent. Says you never know when you might need to use it so it is always under his suit jacket.
    US Army retired (1969 - 1994)
    Vietnam 1970 - 1971

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Sorry about your loss...you are 100% correct be vigilant anywhere, everywhere.

Supergrade's location is IL???
    Proud NRA member

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss. It's not too many of those fine WW2 veterans left around now. They paid a big price for this country. My dad was a WW2 veteran as well. I'm happy that the director handled things without too much trouble. It goes to show that we need to carry everywhere.
    SCGunLover1

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Isn't it illegal to be armed in a cemetary/funeral in Louisianna?

Quote Originally Posted by Supergrade View Post
    Thats a pretty big what if given the circumstances.
    thats what this forum is all about... what if's. If you dont think of the what ifs now, you'll freeze up if, god forbid, something did happen.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

my respect to your father's service to our country

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    Isn't it illegal to be armed in a cemetary/funeral in Louisianna?
    Prohibited Locations
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
    A law enforcement office, station, or building;
    A detention facility, prison, or jail;
    A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
    A polling place;
    A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;
    The state capitol building;
    Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
    Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship;
    A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;
    Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
    Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.
    The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array KiltedTexan's Avatar
    My Dad was also a WWII veteran, and I have great gratitude for the service your Father rendered to our nation. Through years of pastoring, and associating with funeral home personnel, I know times of intense grieving can bring out the worst in some folk... which should heighten our SA, not lessen it. Glad this particular occasion worked out as it did for you, ppk.
    XD Service .45 ACP
    XDM .45 ACP Bi-Tone
    Ruger LCR .38 Special +P CT
    Texas CHL
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links