Thats my dog!! - Page 3

Thats my dog!!

This is a discussion on Thats my dog!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Get the dog out of your parent's yard and into a boarding kennel. How long is it taking you to get settled in your new ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thats my dog!!

Get the dog out of your parent's yard and into a boarding kennel. How long is it taking you to get settled in your new place or whatever you're doing!
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    a guy who would do that is more than an idiot. He is probably a dangerous fool with no self control and no concern for anyone else.
    Hell he's probably the kind of "guy" strips the flesh off poor defenseless Guinea Pigs and wears there carcasses as head ornaments

Buy a huge Burmese Python and his Chihuahua will be a Scoobie snack

I would immediately get the dog out of the situation. Period. No further questions asked. Once my dog had been relocated to a safe place I would go on about my business. There are only two options here that make any sense to me. 1 remove the dog as I have suggested. 2 walk over there and have a "talk" with this man. Number 2 is a no go for me. My pets are an extension of my family and for me, the man shooting at my dog would be like him shooting at my children. I know me "talking" to the man would escalate and I would be the one explaining my actions to the police.
    It sounds as if your talk went better. Congratulations on being a bit more level headed than I. I would still recommend removing your dog ASAP, because it is only a matter of time before he does it again, and that is NOT FAIR TO THE DOG.

I have talked to my uncle who has some property and he is willing to take care of my dog for a few days. The talk went ok but i think im better off to move the dog away so it wouldnt be possible for it to happen again. Thanks for all the help
    Morse

"A lack of preperation on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    It's good to get the dog out the situation as some mentioned here, but I'm sorry, I would not let it rest at that, talk or no talk, you need let him know that this type of behavior is unacceptable.

Don't do any harm to his dog, it didn't do anything wrong, but take up a civil suit if you have to, you probably can do it yourself. I'm sorry, abuse of an animal especially mine would not be settled with a talk, not in this lifetime, not when their is other avenues that can be taken, especially financial that will make him think the next time he thinks he's a bad arse.

BTW - I'm glad your pup is ok, that's the great part.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I hope it works out. I've got a general problem with chaining dogs. Would a decent sized pen or fenced dog-run be a better solution?
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Not in my parents yard, unfortunately they have a covert running right through the middle of it preventing any kind of run. Thats why I took him out to the country, he will have plenty of running room.
    Morse

"A lack of preperation on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    I hope it works out. I've got a general problem with chaining dogs. Would a decent sized pen or fenced dog-run be a better solution?
    Well Texas answered your problem Camjr, they made a law against continous chaining of dogs, the only problem is enforcing that law, it's virtually impossible to enforce it.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    I'm too dang confrontational for my own good so I'll refrain from a rant about doing bodily harm to this POS.

I think for your dog's sake you did the right thing and it shows you're trying to be considerate as well. But like it has already been advised, I'd document the heck out of this incident and even consider setting up a video camera should you bring the dog back.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Talk to the guy, calmly, maybe say you are sorry about the noise. Tell him about your situation. This could work against you, but consider it. Keep calling the police if you want, if my dog had been injured, I would most likely call. Document marks on the dog. Keep in mind he may have law on his side at some point if you are not careful (noise ordinances). I have neighbors who have fought a similiar fight with an older neighbor of mine. The neighbor hates loose dogs (so different then your situation, but be aware of what can happen).

Shot several (that came on his property) with pellet gun, and feed several laxative & peanut butter sandwiches (he would place them on his poarch). He said any dog that ate what was on his poarch was not his problem. One time, dog jumped a fense or something. Ate the laxatives. Dog owner, who awoke to a house of dog poop everywhere, desided to take it up a notch. Threatened to sue. Days later the old man had something that would make dogs bark non-stop (he would wait till the home owner left and the dog was outside). Sometimes 1 AM. Dog owner received several fines after a while. Dog owner went over to confront the old man. Old man said he wanted dog owner off his property. As old man walked away to garage, dog owner followed, cussing, etc. Old man pulled shotgun on the guy, told him to get the... etc. Dog owner walked away fast, called LE. LEO made it clear the dog owner was going to be on his way to the station and a court date (this dumbfounded the dog owner), but they both would get a lot more attention (from dogs, garbage cans, cars parked on the street, every ordinance). The straight talking LEO told them they need to figure it out ASAP how to get along. They shook hands, and while not friendly, they give each other space.

Retired old men have a lot of time on their hands.
    Last edited by Thanis; March 14th, 2010 at 11:39 PM.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Try to catch it on film if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Another thing, are you sure your chained dog wasn't barking and hooting and howling to the point where it was literally driving your parent's neighbor nuts?
    Either way, it's not an excuse to shoot a dog with a BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    He came over raving mad sayin my dad cut into his backyard a few years ago, so we had to call the county so they could mark the boundries.
    Where I live, we typically say "thank you" for doing some yard work in our yard.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Try to catch it on film if possible.

Either way, it's not an excuse to shoot a dog with a BB gun.

Where I live, we typically say "thank you" for doing some yard work in our yard.
    I've invited my neighbor for years to mow a couple acres beyond their property line. They have declined every time.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Here... it would be a piece of cake, anyone intentionally causing any harm to an animal can be charged with "animal cruelty" ... .. range from misdeamnors to felonies & 20 yrs.

I would have a talk with the DA's office about filing a complaint. Getting it on film would be a plus.

If it were my dog, I would probably take the guys gun away from him and break it into numerous pieces and then explaining to the police how I was protecting my property.

How about slipping on the Gillie Suit and getting the old crossman out. Set yourself up in the brush near the dog. When he comes out shooting at the dog, return fire! I mean BB's richocet all the time! (You'll shoot your eye out!) Once he catches a few BB's to the body, I bet he stops shooting at the dog. Sometimes covert actions are required to get the point across :)

The above is only written in jest! I do not advocate shooting this person with a BB gun. BUT I think he does deserve some of his own medicine :)

If I saw someone shooting at my dog, the police would need...to protect the man from me. My dogs are my family. They would give their lives to protect my family and I. What kind of man would I be if I let them be target practice for some Douchbag.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links