Thats my dog!! - Page 4

Thats my dog!!

This is a discussion on Thats my dog!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Morse Not in my parents yard, unfortunately they have a covert running right through the middle of it preventing any kind of ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thats my dog!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    Not in my parents yard, unfortunately they have a covert running right through the middle of it preventing any kind of run. Thats why I took him out to the country, he will have plenty of running room.

what is a covert?
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuban11182 View Post
    Maybe I am old school, or maybe being raised by a Army Paratrooper, but if words don't work, sometimes other actions are called for. I'm not an advocate of violence, but some people don't respond well to words. This is based on what I was taught by my old man, and my 10 years of military experience.

That's what I would do, but I love animals.

(Flame suit on! I realize, I am going to get ALOT of flak for this)
    guy makes a post like this and the best anyone can come up with is that he is breaking forum rules...weak guys...

maybe youre old school but law enforcement isnt...you bring violence to the next door neighbor and youre going to jail and you lose every bit of credibility with a case against the neighbor you had...

maybe youre old school but youre not going to convince people it works for you anywhere but on paper or the internet...there are better and more efficient ways to handle a situation like this without flexing muscle...

Quote Originally Posted by mirage2521 View Post
    what is a covert?
    Opposite of overt I believe.

No more Mr. nice guy I would press charges take the dog to vet for head to toe

exam and give this moron the bill

Call the SPCA.When it comes to animal abuse they will prosecute faster then the cops will. You might want to use your camera to nail this guy.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Call the SPCA.When it comes to animal abuse they will prosecute faster then the cops will. You might want to use your camera to nail this guy.
    good thinking...

just pay him a visit and tell him he is going to the next costume party as a popsicle with that BB gun up his A**

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If my neighbor starts shooting at my dog with a gun (any kind), we are going to have a 'conference'.:yup (Recorded, of course...)

Set your dog up for another round of target shooting and get it on video tape...then call 911 while your neighbor is becoming a 'movie star'.
    If the dog gets hit, shave the spot and take photos at the vet...make sure the vet does a complete exam (your neighbor is going to cover all the costs+...)
    For my 2 cents, I personally support retsupt99's suggestion. I would also add that I would get my dog out of there as soon as possible and over to my own place.

For me, I think that is the least confrontational and possibly provoking him into a large scale feud.

Focus on getting the dog out of there, and take the time to photograph him in the act of using your dog for target practice so the police have more evidence to act on than just a verbal complaint and a his word against yours type situation.

But the quicker you get your dog out of your parents house, the less grief they will have to deal with from the neighbor once you're gone and the less chance of having your dog get injured or worse.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by 55spartan View Post
    just pay him a visit and tell him he is going to the next costume party as a popsicle with that BB gun up his A**
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I have been in a similar situation and first I would talk to him politely, I wouldn't escalate it angrily or threaten him physically but if it continued after our chat then I would probably use a camera phone to record him shooting my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Opposite of overt I believe.
    I think not, he said he had a covert in his yard.

I looked it up

1 a : hiding place : shelter b : a thicket affording cover for game c : a masking or concealing device

He has a hiding place in his yard, I guess.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Its a pipe that is about 2.5 ft in diameter with a ditch that goes through the middle of there back yard sorry for the confusion
    Morse

"A lack of preperation on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"

RMS
    I believe its called a culvert.

yes that is what it is. sorry for the confusion
    Morse

"A lack of preperation on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links