Home Invasions Taken To New Level - Page 2

Home Invasions Taken To New Level

This is a discussion on Home Invasions Taken To New Level within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldLincoln Seems like home invasions used to be done by a couple guys. Now it's 4-6 or more. How do you defend ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Invasions Taken To New Level

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Seems like home invasions used to be done by a couple guys. Now it's 4-6 or more. How do you defend against that?
    With an AKM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    AR 15 with TAPs and a whitelight
    30 rounds on board with two spare mags close at hand.

90 rounds...plus my nightstand 1911's 29 (two spares)
    +1

Bedside:
    14.5" AR loaded w/ 30rds of 75gr HPBT + 4 mags of M855 steel core

XD9 loaded w/ 17rds of 124gr +P GDHP + extra 16rd mag

If they catch me away from my bed, I've always got 13rds of 9mm for them plus a spare 12rd mag

I have read of more and more of these orchestrated home invasions recently. Just another reminder to stay aware at all times!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    After the first Bang It's kinda like having cockroaches and turning on the light
    This.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Lead Moderator
    You defeat multiple attackers with overwhelming violence of action and weapons with hi capacity magazines.

When you strategize your scenarios for home invasions, you shouldn't be saying to yourself, "What am I going to do if 5 guys kick in my door?" That right off the bat is giving yourself a defeatist attitude and mindset.

What you should be saying to yourself is "If 5 guys kick in my door, I am going to kill all of them... now I'm going to figure out how to accomplish that mission!"

I think a lot of people have a very acute misunderstanding of what "mindset" really is and how to develop one which has no room for defeat and aggressive enough to overcome all obstacles. Then convincing yourself deep down inside that you believe it!

I also believe a lot of people do not believe that a proper mindset really can and does play a tangible role in the outcome of what happens in a lethal encounter.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

they have to enter through a "fatal funnel"

10 rounds of 240 grn .44 Mags from a carbine... the wife gets to use the AR 15 this week...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    What you should be saying to yourself is "If 5 guys kick in my door, I am going to kill all of them... now I'm going to figure out how to accomplish that mission!"

I think a lot of people have a very acute misunderstanding of what "mindset" really is and how to develop one which has no room for defeat and aggressive enough to overcome all obstacles. Then convincing yourself deep down inside that you believe it!

I also believe a lot of people do not believe that a proper mindset really can and does play a tangible role in the outcome of what happens in a lethal encounter.
    Amen. I think it is naive to assume that a BG will behave rationally and back down when the lead starts to fly. By the fact that they are invading your home, they are already ready for the fight. 'Better to greet the situation with the sincere intent on killing them all.

Car pulls up in our drive this afternoon. Couple gets out, man and woman. My wife and I are watchin'. We have no idea who they are. They hope out of their car and come around the BACK of our house. (We're kinda off the beaten path ya see, way off, some folks say.) So the chick pulls on the door and I go out to our back porch ta sorta ask, "What the heck you want?"
    "I have something for the homeowner," she says through the door. She holds out a can of something, looks like soap or some such.
    "I got somethin' for you," I replied. I let Arlie off his chain (he's our big ole German Shepherd) and a course he snarled as he always does when strangers are about. "Gonna sick 'em on you and yer boyfriend, Sweetie, in about five seconds." Shoulda seen them fannies flyin' back ta the car. Don't care much for people pokin' about. Wrote down the plate as they was haulin' down the drive. Doubt I'll turn it in. Think they got the message.
    Last edited by JD; March 18th, 2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Addessed via PM.

Administrator
    Violent "Home Invasion" scenarios are going to become even more common "if & when" the economy continues to slide downhill.
    Members who do not yet own a good decent quality shotgun might want consider investing in one.

Any kind of fighting weapon is better than nothing.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Violent "Home Invasion" scenarios are going to become even more common "if & when" the economy continues to slide downhill.
    Members who do not yet own a good decent quality shotgun might want consider investing in one.
    I'm definitely of the assumption things are gonna get a lot worse off before they get better!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have my Glock 22 and 45 rds of 190 grn Ranger Bonded/PDX1 ready to go on my side at all time. 4-6 BG's may get me into my second mag but they wont be breaking into any other houses after that.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

It is my greatest hope that being holed up in my saferoom/bedroom, with loads of ammo (it's stored in there) and landline and cell will be enough to hold them off til cops arrive (out in rural area). I have true cover in the bedroom...they will need to expose themselves to enter....I hope and pray that it wont be worth it to them and they'll leave. Perhaps robbing the place....oh well.

I will consider it God's blessing if my dogs are not killed.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I'm a LEO. The last home invasion I worked (2 weeks ago) consisted of 13 armed men/women. One door kicker, and 12 more armed turds right behind him. Mom and 3 kids held at gunpoint.

I think its pretty safe to say that everyone here has wet dreams about putting a few hollowpoints into an intruder. I cant say I dont think about my own "what if" scenario's.

Here's the kicker... When you are dealing with one or two intruders, and you can surprise them and fire a few rounds, you're in great shape. Once multiple people kick in your door, you are at their mercy. Theres probably not a single person on this board who wouldnt make quick work of one or two of them. If you find yourself in a situation with more intruders, you are in trouble. If you are lucky, you flash a gun, fire a few, and they all run. The risk is far too great that you will instead find yourself at the receiving end of of alot of gunfire. It isnt worth the risk. As much as I would want to unleash hell out of my AR15, I think the smart choice is to just do what they say.

That being said, dont think I dont have wet dreams about standing at the end of my hallway with an AR15 laying waste to bad guys one by one as they come around the corner....in reality however..... :) Be safe guys

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I'm a LEO.
    Here's the kicker... When you are dealing with one or two intruders, and you can surprise them and fire a few rounds, you're in great shape. Once multiple people kick in your door, you are at their mercy. Theres probably not a single person on this board who wouldnt make quick work of one or two of them. If you find yourself in a situation with more intruders, you are in trouble. If you are lucky, you flash a gun, fire a few, and they all run. The risk is far too great that you will instead find yourself at the receiving end of of alot of gunfire. It isnt worth the risk. As much as I would want to unleash hell out of my AR15, I think the smart choice is to just do what they say.
    I have no faith in the BG's good nature.
    fighting back IS the only option.
    to me, It IS worth the risk.

there are too many recent stories for me to "just do what they say".
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I've worked quite a few robberies, burglaries, and home invasions. Not once have I heard anything about the economy as an instigating factor. It's always some turd who wanted to steal something for crack money...stuff like that. Stealing some stuff from a store now and then? Thats probably more economy driven. The dude who kicks your door in isnt doing it because he got laid off...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links