Home Invasions Taken To New Level

This is a discussion on Home Invasions Taken To New Level within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Threads like this shure make it unnerveing (sp) to go to work at night leaving my 9mnth prego wife and 2 under 4 kids at ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Invasions Taken To New Level

Threads like this shure make it unnerveing (sp) to go to work at night leaving my 9mnth prego wife and 2 under 4 kids at home. Straight shot out of bedroom will land in either of their rooms :( we should move!! Yes I am well aware that the shtf all the time it just sucks hearing about.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My 12 ga coach gun with 00 buck is the welcoming committee, my .45 inspects the rest of the arriving party.

Actually, I'm not opening the door in the first place, if it gets kicked in, all bets are off on 'second guessing', all threats will be dealt with quickly.
    X2. I heard that slugs/buck shots have a very mean bite

If the BGs come in at a single file when they enter the door, my slugs might shoot though the 1st BG and enter the 2nd.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My 12 ga coach gun with 00 buck is the welcoming committee, my .45 inspects the rest of the arriving party.
    Seriously, I think a coach gun is probably more terrifying to home invader than a 12 guage pump is. Most criminals probably have no realization of what most guns are, and once they see the first guy drop as he enters the doorway with 2 barrels full of 12 guage in him they would be smart to turn tail.

four armed suspects confronted a man as he was leaving his home. They forced him back inside and tied him up
    If I were that man and, leaving for work one morning, opened my front door to see four men advancing toward me on my property, my pistol would be in my hand immediately. If the threat continued I would fight until I either won or died - but no way are they going in my house while I can still move.

Four men breaking in is a different scenario than four men outside catching me leaving.

If they come at 3am, then they come up an unprotected stairway where all the bedrooms are. From there:

1) 10 rounds from the Benelli, federal 132 Tactical Buckshot, 00.
    2) I drop the Benelli when I empty it, and grab the AR, 30 rounds of TAP 1 spare mag.
    3) If any have survived that, its down to the 1911 loaded with COR-BON pow-r-ball, 2 spare mags.
    4) If any get past me, they face sweetie pie. She carries a .357, and is 200 pounds of former weightlifting, hormonal as hell menopausal female who dreams about beating members of the male genre to death with her bare hands, gutting them and then strangling them with their entrails because she has to live with me and my three boys.......

I feel sorry for anyone who kicks in our door.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

ak-47

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    If they come at 3am, then they come up an unprotected stairway where all the bedrooms are. From there:

1) 10 rounds from the Benelli, federal 132 Tactical Buckshot, 00.
    2) I drop the Benelli when I empty it, and grab the AR, 30 rounds of TAP 1 spare mag.
    3) If any have survived that, its down to the 1911 loaded with COR-BON pow-r-ball, 2 spare mags.
    4) If any get past me, they face sweetie pie. She carries a .357, and is 200 pounds of former weightlifting, hormonal as hell menopausal female who dreams about beating members of the male genre to death with her bare hands, gutting them and then strangling them with their entrails because she has to live with me and my three boys.......
    I feel sorry for anyone who kicks in our door.....
    Dang, now you got me scared.

Biker

I'll stick with Gonzo.

Ox
    The pure thought of a large number of criminals breaking in is bad, but with me there, I know I can defend my family and do it without hesitation.

But when I'm working, and my wife's there alone, it really does make me wonder and worry...What can you do? Really, just rely on her to take care of it, I wish there was more...that way I KNOW things will be ok.
    NRA Member

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I'm a LEO. The last home invasion I worked (2 weeks ago) consisted of 13 armed men/women. One door kicker, and 12 more armed turds right behind him. Mom and 3 kids held at gunpoint.

I think its pretty safe to say that everyone here has wet dreams about putting a few hollowpoints into an intruder. I cant say I dont think about my own "what if" scenario's.

Here's the kicker... When you are dealing with one or two intruders, and you can surprise them and fire a few rounds, you're in great shape. Once multiple people kick in your door, you are at their mercy. Theres probably not a single person on this board who wouldnt make quick work of one or two of them. If you find yourself in a situation with more intruders, you are in trouble. If you are lucky, you flash a gun, fire a few, and they all run. The risk is far too great that you will instead find yourself at the receiving end of of alot of gunfire. It isnt worth the risk. As much as I would want to unleash hell out of my AR15, I think the smart choice is to just do what they say.
    That being said, dont think I dont have wet dreams about standing at the end of my hallway with an AR15 laying waste to bad guys one by one as they come around the corner....in reality however..... :) Be safe guys
    No thanks. There are things a lot worse than death...

Wichita Massacre

I'll go down shooting before I take my chances on the generosity of the type of criminals that would do a home invasion. Even more important, I'll go down shooting before I bet my family's lives and safety on the generosity of that type of scum.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Camera's that are tied to a pc you can access or a your phone then you can check on her. Don't really know the price on those though but a thought if it bothers you might be something to look into.

As for the bg's if they aren't selling cookies they will have a hard time getting past the dogs through a tightly funneled hallway without catching some lead. Their best bet would be to hook onto the hitch and just drive off with my home lol.

The old standby, 12 ga No 4 buck.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Class III license and high cap mags

Historically there is no correlation between the economy and violent crime.

The risk is far too great that you will instead find yourself at the receiving end of of alot of gunfire. It isnt worth the risk. As much as I would want to unleash hell out of my AR15, I think the smart choice is to just do what they say.
    Fine, you can beg for your life - I'll take my chances with lighting as many of them up as I can before I go down......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links