Defensive Carry banner

Home Invasions Taken To New Level

14K views 137 replies 100 participants last post by  Sleipnir 
#1 ·
Seems like home invasions used to be done by a couple guys. Now it's 4-6 or more. How do you defend against that?

=====================
Three Home Invasions

Two home invasion robberies took place in Selma and Atwater on Tuesday and a third has been reported on Wednesday in Fresno.

The attack in Fresno took place on West Chandler near Marks and Madison in the Southwest part of the city.

Fresno Police say four armed suspects confronted a man as he was leaving his home. They forced him back inside and tied him up, along with a woman and a 13-year-old boy. Two other children were also inside but were left sleeping.

The suspects got away with money and computers.

In Selma, Fresno County Sheriff’s Deputies are searching for suspects in a separate home invasion robbery where six masked men with guns broke into a home on McCall Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

The suspects held a grandmother and her 7-year-old grandson while they stole jewelry and an SUV.

The victims were not injured and the SUV was ditched a few blocks from the crime scene.

Deputies are still looking for the six thieves last seen in a red minivan and a white Jeep Cherokee with Arizona plates.

And in the North Valley, a young father and his 10-month-old daughter are safe after a frightening home invasion in Merced County.

It happened on Tuesday in South Atwater. The 23-year-old victim came home with his daughter to find several armed men inside his house.

They were held hostage while the suspects ransacked the home and stole the victim's car. The stolen vehicle was found a few blocks away.

See less See more
#79 ·
If you open up on the first guys and the rest keep coming... they aren't going to let you live anyway. Keep firing until they go away or you get them all. You have the advantage of cover, layout knowledge and the defensive position.

#81 ·
I think everyone is complicating the situation. We all practiced the solution as kids. when the cops are coming through the front door to bust up the party, go out the back door/window. Unless you live in a mansion a normal healthy individual should be able to accomplish that in the same amount of time as many of the other solutions proposed hear.

#86 ·
do i look serious? honestly i thought it deserved a chuckle

granted looking at it again i see more truth in it then i orrigonaly saw. honestly i do not think anyting i own is worth my life, also judging by my stuff, lossing it is cheeper then a lawyer if it goes semi bad, and it would take less time to just replace the junk, whitch i chould use less of anywase. yes i am lazy like that. so i guess it is part truth and part serious.

#88 ·
You sound like you live alone? Honestly, if I were single, I might have no problem getting out of harms way. However, I'm responsible for the safety of my wife and children too. Anybody crashing my house while we are home is DRT or having to climb over my reluctantly dying body.

#90 ·
Well reading this thread has done two things for me....#1 secured my reasoning for wanting as many defense mechanisms as possible on my person and in my house
and #2....looks like I'll be going out and getting that Mossy 500 pistol grip I've been eyeballing the last few weeks.

#96 ·
As someone who lives alone, if I see 13 BG's lined up to rush my house, I'm not going to risk my life for "things" and "stuff." I'll grab my guns, and get out. I can always get more "things and stuff," but I've only got one life and I've barley been on this earth two decades. I'm not going to die for my few possessions. However, the thought of the BG's getting my guns is not a happy one, considering what they may do with them. Besides that, they can have what they want. Most of my good stuff is still at my parent's place anyway.

I'm sure if I had a family, it would be different. When I was a kid, my dad always told me if somebody bad was coming in the front door, I was to run out the back and through the woods to the neighbors. He said he and his 1911 would handle the rest. But with no family to worry about, I've just got no reason to go up against 13 guys. Two or three is another story.

#97 ·
The problem with trying to escape out the back: if they are that organized with such a large crew, you could easily be walking into an ambush. Better to take up the best defensive position you can than to charge out where BGs may be lying in wait.

Having a 12-man home invasion occur seems to me to be incredibly rare, though. Maybe if you live along the southern border? 12 people sounds like it would have to be a cartel hit squad or something, probably heavily armed and prepared for resistance. Good luck, I doubt they are just after a couple valuables. In that case, you will probably die no matter what amazing guns you have, unless your house is built like Ft. Knox.

A 2 or 3 person home invasion seems much more likely to me, and they also are probably much more likely to run at the first sign of resistance.

#101 ·
I'll be honest, I haven't read the entire thread and all the responses so this may have already been said. While there may be 4-6 intruders instead of 1 or 2, you've also go to still think about the mentality of your typical invader. If I hear a weird noise and the first one that makes it through the door gets a load of 00 buck, how likely are the rest to enter after that?

Armed robbers or just punk kids, I have a feeling when the first one in gets nailed, the others are going to scram.

#103 ·
To each their own, but my kids are a couple of the greatest things that ever happend to me. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

#106 ·
OK, I have a question.

What in the heck is a LTGF?

Does it stand for Lesbian Transgender Gay Friend or what? I stink at acronyms.

Biker

#113 ·
Alex, hope you didn't take offense re LTGF. I did at a couple of them but boys will be boys.

I would, however, be careful about hiking with LTGF in bear country. There's an old saying that you can't outrun a bear, but when there's two of you, you only need to outrun the other! You are outclassed BFTB (bear food to be)!:image035:

#111 ·
It really all depends.

One case I was involved with due to what BG's were involved, knew one of the guys very well and was well known in the legal system..... Anyway, 5 of them went to rob a "friend" of theirs (had given them jobs @ times) who had a business and they figured he would have lots of money at home.

5 of them approached the door. It was 11 p.m. and he knew no-one should be at his door at that time of night (semi-country setting and remote). So, he took his .45 1911 in his hand. The second he saw who it was and started to open the door, they began to "push" their way in with guns in hand.

The owner, immediately started firing ... knowing if they were coming in with guns in hand, it was not good. He dropped 3 of them, and the other 2 ran as fast as they could. The BG's, the 3rd guy he nailed got off 2 shots before he was shot.

He said, "the only reason the other two got away was because I was out of bullets and putting a new mag in ". The guy took 6 shots, put down 3 of them, at 5-6 ft range.

What saved him was, he assessed the situation amazingly fast, was prepared to act (armed) , didn't hestitate in reacting and shot placement. IF he had hesitated even 10-15 seconds, I don't think he would be around to talk about it.

The home owner, was fine. 2 of the BG's were dead, and one was in critical condition and died later, the 2 that got away..... were charged with a death while committing a felony and got life in prison.

My plan is simple.... double barrel, pistol on hip, and AR easily accessible ..... if no other reason, the first 2 give me time hopefully to get to the AR. However, I'm thinking more and more about starting with the AR in hand.

#119 ·
To those who would be inclined to do as the robbers said. How much better armed will those criminals be after leaving your house? Most of us on this forum are well armed. Many have stockpiles of ammo. I doubt these criminals would leave this behind.

Michael

#122 ·
I typically have my GL17 on my night stand with a 30 round mag of double tap 115 hp's and a TLR-2. + 2 Back up 17rd mags loaded with Hornady critical defense.

The laser is for my GF who rarely shoots. The red dot makes it easier.

Im thinkin about a few more of those hi-cap mags.

I would never have time to get my AR out of my safe. As much as I love it, i am too protective of it to leave it out of my safe. Hand Guns are easier to hide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.