Home Invasions Taken To New Level - Page 6

Home Invasions Taken To New Level

This is a discussion on Home Invasions Taken To New Level within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every mouth I reed the Armed Citizen in the NRA's Am Rifleman and it seems to me that when more then one BG is involved ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Every mouth I reed the Armed Citizen in the NRA's Am Rifleman and it seems to me that when more then one BG is involved once the first one gets taken out the others run for the hills.
    Luke 22:36 and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Last week, an armed female homeowner was overtaken by several home invaders who used a little child (crying out in distress) as bait to get the homeowner to open the door. Neighbors were surprised since, they knew she was armed and cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    If you shoot the first couple of them in the face, it tends to discourage the rest of them.
    Gonzo
    I suspect shooting them in other places would have a similar effect. To facilitate this, I keep guns with loaded mags in fixed locations in three different rooms. If I ever need them in a hurry, I know the guns are there and that I can get to them quickly. I also keep my doors lock in hopes that this would allow sufficient time to for me to get to one or more guns. I don't expect to be able to repel and well planned and determined invasion by 4-6 people, but as previous post pointed out, these people are looking to find an easy target and not an armed homeowner.

If you open up on the first guys and the rest keep coming... they aren't going to let you live anyway. Keep firing until they go away or you get them all. You have the advantage of cover, layout knowledge and the defensive position.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Agreed!

Mossberg 590 with 8 rounds 00 followed by XD45 with spare mag.

I also agree with those who say that should clear the premises of any BGs but I do have two other 45 pistols on the night stand if needed.

870 w/13 total rds of 00 buck, some 9 pellets and some 15, plus a .40 pistol.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Lightbulb

I think everyone is complicating the situation. We all practiced the solution as kids. when the cops are coming through the front door to bust up the party, go out the back door/window. Unless you live in a mansion a normal healthy individual should be able to accomplish that in the same amount of time as many of the other solutions proposed hear.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    I think everyone is complicating the situation. We all practiced the solution as kids. when the cops are coming through the front door to bust up the party, go out the back door/window. Unless you live in a mansion a normal healthy individual should be able to accomplish that in the same amount of time as many of the other solutions proposed hear.

You're kidding, right?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Sorry but HAHAHAHA!! Ain't no way or no how I am going to retreat from my home! My home is my castle, somebody tries busting into it they are going to be eating lead. I have a legal right to defend my home from invaders and I will if I have to. I live in a second story apartment anyway, no way I can go out the window here.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Mossy 500 persuader===~:::
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Fresno and Selma are south of me, Atwater is north; I'm bracketed! Oh well, the Winchester Defender and Mini-30 are ready, and I will be diligent.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

do i look serious? honestly i thought it deserved a chuckle

granted looking at it again i see more truth in it then i orrigonaly saw. honestly i do not think anyting i own is worth my life, also judging by my stuff, lossing it is cheeper then a lawyer if it goes semi bad, and it would take less time to just replace the junk, whitch i chould use less of anywase. yes i am lazy like that. so i guess it is part truth and part serious.

To each his own.

As I said, anyone breaking into my house is getting shot.

VIP Member
    do i look serious? honestly i thought it deserved a chuckle

granted looking at it again i see more truth in it then i orrigonaly saw. honestly i do not think anyting i own is worth my life, also judging by my stuff, lossing it is cheeper then a lawyer if it goes semi bad, and it would take less time to just replace the junk, whitch i chould use less of anywase. yes i am lazy like that. so i guess it is part truth and part serious.
    You sound like you live alone? Honestly, if I were single, I might have no problem getting out of harms way. However, I'm responsible for the safety of my wife and children too. Anybody crashing my house while we are home is DRT or having to climb over my reluctantly dying body.

no i live whith a roomate, and i am not single either. it whould be an interesting sprint for the back between my roomate and i. i curently do not live whith my girlfreind.

Well reading this thread has done two things for me....#1 secured my reasoning for wanting as many defense mechanisms as possible on my person and in my house
    and #2....looks like I'll be going out and getting that Mossy 500 pistol grip I've been eyeballing the last few weeks.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Links