Home Invasions Taken To New Level - Page 7

Home Invasions Taken To New Level

This is a discussion on Home Invasions Taken To New Level within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Also, to support those who said they will likely flee once they see the home owner open fire: YouTube - Home invasion ends in gun ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasions Taken To New Level

Also, to support those who said they will likely flee once they see the home owner open fire:

YouTube - Home invasion ends in gun fight

No honor amongst thieves

some go running up the street...the rest scramble to the car and peel outta there..looks like hand guns and one ghetto blaster.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    I'm a LEO and, respectfully, I could not disagree more. If they come in that hard and strong (13 armed felons), they don't intend to take a few things and leave. They intend to hurt you and your family and, most likely, have no intention of leaving witnesses. What is one of the first things you learn in the academy? Never give up your gun, even if the badguy has the drop on you (The Onion Field lesson). I see this scenario the same way. No way I subject my wife and kids to the whim of animals like this. I might die trying to stop them, but I will try. And I stand by my first statement. Shoot the first couple in the face, the others won't hang around. Might I get shot in the process? Maybe. Maybe even killed. But once shots are fired, the remaining thugs are not going to hang around to torture and rape the family. They will be getting the heck out of Dodge. The risk of getting killed to protect my family from rape/torture? That is a trade I'm willing to make.
    Gonzo
    You couldn't have expressed it any better then this...words to live by!
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    I think everyone is complicating the situation. We all practiced the solution as kids. when the cops are coming through the front door to bust up the party, go out the back door/window. Unless you live in a mansion a normal healthy individual should be able to accomplish that in the same amount of time as many of the other solutions proposed hear.
    I have a wife and daughter. I don't think me running and leaving them to deal with intruders is a great idea. I will instead do whatever it takes to protect them.

If I was alone, running might be an option. I can see jumping out a back window and running back around the front to get them from behind.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I think everyone is complicating the situation. We all practiced the solution as kids. when the cops are coming through the front door to bust up the party, go out the back door/window. Unless you live in a mansion a normal healthy individual should be able to accomplish that in the same amount of time as many of the other solutions proposed hear.
    And leave the wife as kids behind. If I did that I would hope someone would shoot ME. Im going to stand and fight. If they get thru me, I will continue to stand and fight, Until Im six feet under and 72 degrees I will stand and fight. /////rant over.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    If I was alone, running might be an option. I can see jumping out a back window and running back around the front to get them from behind.
    I like the sounds of that.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

As someone who lives alone, if I see 13 BG's lined up to rush my house, I'm not going to risk my life for "things" and "stuff." I'll grab my guns, and get out. I can always get more "things and stuff," but I've only got one life and I've barley been on this earth two decades. I'm not going to die for my few possessions. However, the thought of the BG's getting my guns is not a happy one, considering what they may do with them. Besides that, they can have what they want. Most of my good stuff is still at my parent's place anyway.

I'm sure if I had a family, it would be different. When I was a kid, my dad always told me if somebody bad was coming in the front door, I was to run out the back and through the woods to the neighbors. He said he and his 1911 would handle the rest. But with no family to worry about, I've just got no reason to go up against 13 guys. Two or three is another story.
    "If it ain't a mess, it'll do till the mess gets here."
    -Sheriff Bell, No Country for Old Men

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    The problem with trying to escape out the back: if they are that organized with such a large crew, you could easily be walking into an ambush. Better to take up the best defensive position you can than to charge out where BGs may be lying in wait.

Having a 12-man home invasion occur seems to me to be incredibly rare, though. Maybe if you live along the southern border? 12 people sounds like it would have to be a cartel hit squad or something, probably heavily armed and prepared for resistance. Good luck, I doubt they are just after a couple valuables. In that case, you will probably die no matter what amazing guns you have, unless your house is built like Ft. Knox.

A 2 or 3 person home invasion seems much more likely to me, and they also are probably much more likely to run at the first sign of resistance.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by ammodex2004 View Post
    claymores......
    +1.

Heck +2 or 3. The more claymores the better.

it seams that single individuals are in short supply on this thread. also why does everyone have kids!? honestly even if i lived whith my LTGF i think going out the back is the best option.

AzB
    why does everyone have kids!?
    The Free Sex Education School For Single Adults
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I'll be honest, I haven't read the entire thread and all the responses so this may have already been said. While there may be 4-6 intruders instead of 1 or 2, you've also go to still think about the mentality of your typical invader. If I hear a weird noise and the first one that makes it through the door gets a load of 00 buck, how likely are the rest to enter after that?

Armed robbers or just punk kids, I have a feeling when the first one in gets nailed, the others are going to scram.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

having kids is an avoidable cercumstance, personly i have no desire to ever put myself through having to raise some.

JT
    having kids is an avoidable cercumstance, personly i have no desire to ever put myself through having to raise some.
    To each their own, but my kids are a couple of the greatest things that ever happend to me. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

JT
    honestly even if i lived whith my LTGF i think going out the back is the best option.
    I hoped you mean that you’ll take her with you, and she is not left to fend for herself.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    I hoped you mean that youíll take her with you, and she is not left to fend for herself.
    Oops, time for a new Timex! Or, I was looking for a LTGF when I found the last one. Or...

BTW, I ordered a Deep Conceal - Ultra Carry Air Marshal holster yesterday to make house carry a reality. Hope it's as comfortable as it looks.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Links