Home Invasions Taken To New Level

This is a discussion on Home Invasions Taken To New Level within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Knightrider I think your on your own with that Oh heck no he's not....

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasions Taken To New Level

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I think your on your own with that
    Oh heck no he's not.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

2. Remove Ads

KAK
    I typically have my GL17 on my night stand with a 30 round mag of double tap 115 hp's and a TLR-2. + 2 Back up 17rd mags loaded with Hornady critical defense.

The laser is for my GF who rarely shoots. The red dot makes it easier.

Im thinkin about a few more of those hi-cap mags.

I would never have time to get my AR out of my safe. As much as I love it, i am too protective of it to leave it out of my safe. Hand Guns are easier to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Violent "Home Invasion" scenarios are going to become even more common "if & when" the economy continues to slide downhill.
    Members who do not yet own a good decent quality shotgun might want consider investing in one.
    I don't think it is an "if & when" type of situation QK. Now that the Socialized Health Care bill has been signed, it is more of a "now that the economy is picking up speed going down hill" kind of situation.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

supperior fire power, when the first perp fall, and he will, the rest will be fleeing the scene. They might fire while running, but I would hate to be the firts person in a 4-6 man stack, cause he is about to have a bad day.

ink
    i only read the first few pages so forgive me if someone has already covered this but everyone seemed to be overlooking the actual scenarios presented in the original post. To be holed up in your bedroom with your shotgun/assault rifle/sidearm and waiting for a group of criminals to come after you is one thing but if you are coming home carrying a baby and walk into your house to find a group of men with weapons that is an entirely different situation. You will AT BEST have your concealed carry weapon and possibly a backup gun.

thats it.

no "DOUBLE OUGHT BUCKSHOT n SLUGS"
    no "THIRTY ROUND MAGS o' STEEL CORE HOLLOW POINTS"

you in no way have the jump on them and even if you could draw your weapon to try to neutralize some of the threat how do you know one of the others isnt going to open fire and strike you OR your child? thats what the real scenario in the original post is talking about

Good point.

But in the OP, the person was leaving the house, not coming home.

In either case, I have dogs that would warn of people on the property (rural) or be missing if they were in the house when I came home. With a warning, I should be able to retreat to my bedroom/saferoom to call 911 and arm myself altho if I was leaving the house I probably would have my gun on me).
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Here is how....

using your favorite 12ga. delivery system, employ these, in liberal amount.....

Ammunition To Go : 9rds - 12 Gauge Rhodesian Jungle Ammo [ALS1233] - $29.95
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Wonder why they are stealing cars then ditching them a few blocks away (happened in 2 of those)
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_45 View Post
    Wonder why they are stealing cars then ditching them a few blocks away (happened in 2 of those)
    I bet they had a get-away car parked where they abandoned the stolen car. They parked blocks away so their car wouldn't be seen and stole the victim's car to carry the haul to it.

The description of the car they drive off doesn't match what they are now driving after the switch - an old bank robbers trick. And no, I'm not.
    No Worries, Got Glock!
    JD

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    Hardening the home is probably necessary. That AR doesn't help unless you have a few seconds wake up and use it. As long as the door doesn't kick in quickly and you don't have unsecured picture windows, you ought to be able to respond with force.
    Thanks for posting that. It took the words out of my mouth. Along with that shotgun is NOT going to do much good if you can't get to it.

SO, my answer to the OP is:
    I prepare for trouble by keeping a Handgun "ON"; wifes handgun "ON"; TWO pitbulls (PT'd); locked doors and I also try to make it hard for a Bg to get close without something alerting me to their presence.

If the worst happens, I gotta go with Gonzo!

Seriously I have been vitimized twice with a H.I.R. (Both times I was a teenager in the 70's)

The 1st time it was one BG and I was home alone. (A dbl barrel 410 ended that one.)

The second time there were four BGs. It happened in the middle of the night while we were asleep. I barely had time to grab my shotgun and my stepdad grabed his hangun. Evidently, they were surprised anyone was home and the all ran. Niether me nor my stepdad were able to shoot safely.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I share a house with my father, mother, wife and my baby girl (3 months.)

Dad has a nice Smithy revolver on the nightstand, my wife has the XD40SC, and I've got a WASR-10 ready to go with a spare 15 rounder with a smithy 642 in pocket,and a speed strip holding 5 more rounds. And have a very readily accessible hidden p3at. So firepower is in no shortage here.

My biggest tactical challenge would be to not get hit with friendly fire.

Not one mention of a home security system. As soon as the door is kicked in, the sirens are blaring, alerting the neighborhood (and the police). I don't care how many intruders there are, they will scatter if they don't want the neighbors seeing them.

We just got a security system. We also have a dog and various firearms. Our neighbors are also armed.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    No thanks. There are things a lot worse than death...

Wichita Massacre

I'll go down shooting before I take my chances on the generosity of the type of criminals that would do a home invasion. Even more important, I'll go down shooting before I bet my family's lives and safety on the generosity of that type of scum.

ohhhhhhhh, i remember that. the Carr Brothers....VERY SCARY.......and sickening what those two ******** did to those young kids, not just robbery but the rape, sodomy and execution style murder of those innocent kids.......

stories like the Carr Brothers are the reason i carry out in public AND at home

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Links