Defensive Carry banner

Home Invasions Taken To New Level

14K views 137 replies 100 participants last post by  Sleipnir 
#1 ·
Seems like home invasions used to be done by a couple guys. Now it's 4-6 or more. How do you defend against that?

=====================
Three Home Invasions

Two home invasion robberies took place in Selma and Atwater on Tuesday and a third has been reported on Wednesday in Fresno.

The attack in Fresno took place on West Chandler near Marks and Madison in the Southwest part of the city.

Fresno Police say four armed suspects confronted a man as he was leaving his home. They forced him back inside and tied him up, along with a woman and a 13-year-old boy. Two other children were also inside but were left sleeping.

The suspects got away with money and computers.

In Selma, Fresno County Sheriff’s Deputies are searching for suspects in a separate home invasion robbery where six masked men with guns broke into a home on McCall Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

The suspects held a grandmother and her 7-year-old grandson while they stole jewelry and an SUV.

The victims were not injured and the SUV was ditched a few blocks from the crime scene.

Deputies are still looking for the six thieves last seen in a red minivan and a white Jeep Cherokee with Arizona plates.

And in the North Valley, a young father and his 10-month-old daughter are safe after a frightening home invasion in Merced County.

It happened on Tuesday in South Atwater. The 23-year-old victim came home with his daughter to find several armed men inside his house.

They were held hostage while the suspects ransacked the home and stole the victim's car. The stolen vehicle was found a few blocks away.

See less See more
#65 ·
To bad Kalifornia only allows a max of 10.

#4 ·
My 12 ga coach gun with 00 buck is the welcoming committee, my .45 inspects the rest of the arriving party.:image035:

Actually, I'm not opening the door in the first place, if it gets kicked in, all bets are off on 'second guessing', all threats will be dealt with quickly.:shotem:

#5 ·
AR 15 with TAPs and a whitelight
30 rounds on board with two spare mags close at hand.

90 rounds...plus my nightstand 1911's 29 (two spares)

#17 ·
+1

Bedside:
14.5" AR loaded w/ 30rds of 75gr HPBT + 4 mags of M855 steel core

XD9 loaded w/ 17rds of 124gr +P GDHP + extra 16rd mag

If they catch me away from my bed, I've always got 13rds of 9mm for them plus a spare 12rd mag :comeandgetsome:

I have read of more and more of these orchestrated home invasions recently. Just another reminder to stay aware at all times!

#10 ·
Agree most thugs faced with getting shot will retreat and find an easier target. most are looking for easy money, not a gunfight.

#7 ·
Glad I live in a small ******* town. My uncle drove over from Houston, Sunday. He is 89 and moved to Houston in 1951. I asked how things were,he replied, " murder,rape and robbery", then shook his head. He said he cannot believe what the city has turned into. We may get bored,but there are good points about living in hickville. :wave:

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln
Seems like home invasions used to be done by a couple guys. Now it's 4-6 or more. How do you defend against that?

If you shoot the first couple of them in the face, it tends to discourage the rest of them.
Gonzo

^^^^I'm^^^going^^with^^this^^one^^^^^^^^

I think this will get them thinking of prior engagements faster than asking them, "what in the wide world of sports is a goin' on here"

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
Mathew Courtney

#13 ·
Now as far as the man leaving his house, I presume going to work as two children were left sleeping, maybe naps, but let's just say morning, chit happens, he could be armed, doesn't matter if they take him by surprise, sorry, say what you want, chit happens.

Now, them breaking in and your armed or have time, all responses apply.:smile:

#14 ·
I've found it very interesting & consistent as to the lack of loyalty amongst BGs in groups of 2 or more when lead starts flying. It instantly becomes "every man for himself". They definitely don't subscribe to the "leave no man behind" policy.

Countless news stories & security videos consistently show the comrads scattering instantly once the first one is down, left behind to deal with his own fate. There are always exceptions, but mostly, chop off the head & the body will slither away ASAP. Expect, prepare, & train for the exceptions, & anything less will be that much easier.

#131 ·
Hardening the home is probably necessary. That AR doesn't help unless you have a few seconds wake up and use it. As long as the door doesn't kick in quickly and you don't have unsecured picture windows, you ought to be able to respond with force.
Thanks for posting that. It took the words out of my mouth. Along with that shotgun is NOT going to do much good if you can't get to it.

SO, my answer to the OP is:
I prepare for trouble by keeping a Handgun "ON"; wifes handgun "ON"; TWO pitbulls (PT'd); locked doors and I also try to make it hard for a Bg to get close without something alerting me to their presence.

If the worst happens, I gotta go with Gonzo!

Seriously I have been vitimized twice with a H.I.R. (Both times I was a teenager in the 70's)

The 1st time it was one BG and I was home alone. (A dbl barrel 410 ended that one.)

The second time there were four BGs. It happened in the middle of the night while we were asleep. I barely had time to grab my shotgun and my stepdad grabed his hangun. Evidently, they were surprised anyone was home and the all ran. Niether me nor my stepdad were able to shoot safely.

#19 ·
You defeat multiple attackers with overwhelming violence of action and weapons with hi capacity magazines.

When you strategize your scenarios for home invasions, you shouldn't be saying to yourself, "What am I going to do if 5 guys kick in my door?" That right off the bat is giving yourself a defeatist attitude and mindset.

What you should be saying to yourself is "If 5 guys kick in my door, I am going to kill all of them... now I'm going to figure out how to accomplish that mission!"

I think a lot of people have a very acute misunderstanding of what "mindset" really is and how to develop one which has no room for defeat and aggressive enough to overcome all obstacles. Then convincing yourself deep down inside that you believe it!

I also believe a lot of people do not believe that a proper mindset really can and does play a tangible role in the outcome of what happens in a lethal encounter.

#21 ·
What you should be saying to yourself is "If 5 guys kick in my door, I am going to kill all of them... now I'm going to figure out how to accomplish that mission!"

I think a lot of people have a very acute misunderstanding of what "mindset" really is and how to develop one which has no room for defeat and aggressive enough to overcome all obstacles. Then convincing yourself deep down inside that you believe it!

I also believe a lot of people do not believe that a proper mindset really can and does play a tangible role in the outcome of what happens in a lethal encounter.
Amen. I think it is naive to assume that a BG will behave rationally and back down when the lead starts to fly. By the fact that they are invading your home, they are already ready for the fight. 'Better to greet the situation with the sincere intent on killing them all.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Car pulls up in our drive this afternoon. Couple gets out, man and woman. My wife and I are watchin'. We have no idea who they are. They hope out of their car and come around the BACK of our house. (We're kinda off the beaten path ya see, way off, some folks say.) So the chick pulls on the door and I go out to our back porch ta sorta ask, "What the heck you want?"
"I have something for the homeowner," she says through the door. She holds out a can of something, looks like soap or some such.
"I got somethin' for you," I replied. I let Arlie off his chain (he's our big ole German Shepherd) and a course he snarled as he always does when strangers are about. "Gonna sick 'em on you and yer boyfriend, Sweetie, in about five seconds." Shoulda seen them fannies flyin' back ta the car. Don't care much for people pokin' about. Wrote down the plate as they was haulin' down the drive. Doubt I'll turn it in. Think they got the message.

#23 ·
Violent "Home Invasion" scenarios are going to become even more common "if & when" the economy continues to slide downhill.
Members who do not yet own a good decent quality shotgun might want consider investing in one.

#25 ·
I'm definitely of the assumption things are gonna get a lot worse off before they get better!

#27 ·
It is my greatest hope that being holed up in my saferoom/bedroom, with loads of ammo (it's stored in there) and landline and cell will be enough to hold them off til cops arrive (out in rural area). I have true cover in the bedroom...they will need to expose themselves to enter....I hope and pray that it wont be worth it to them and they'll leave. Perhaps robbing the place....oh well.

I will consider it God's blessing if my dogs are not killed.

#28 ·
I'm a LEO. The last home invasion I worked (2 weeks ago) consisted of 13 armed men/women. One door kicker, and 12 more armed turds right behind him. Mom and 3 kids held at gunpoint.

I think its pretty safe to say that everyone here has wet dreams about putting a few hollowpoints into an intruder. I cant say I dont think about my own "what if" scenario's.

Here's the kicker... When you are dealing with one or two intruders, and you can surprise them and fire a few rounds, you're in great shape. Once multiple people kick in your door, you are at their mercy. Theres probably not a single person on this board who wouldnt make quick work of one or two of them. If you find yourself in a situation with more intruders, you are in trouble. If you are lucky, you flash a gun, fire a few, and they all run. The risk is far too great that you will instead find yourself at the receiving end of of alot of gunfire. It isnt worth the risk. As much as I would want to unleash hell out of my AR15, I think the smart choice is to just do what they say.

That being said, dont think I dont have wet dreams about standing at the end of my hallway with an AR15 laying waste to bad guys one by one as they come around the corner....in reality however..... :) Be safe guys

#29 ·
I'm a LEO.
Here's the kicker... When you are dealing with one or two intruders, and you can surprise them and fire a few rounds, you're in great shape. Once multiple people kick in your door, you are at their mercy. Theres probably not a single person on this board who wouldnt make quick work of one or two of them. If you find yourself in a situation with more intruders, you are in trouble. If you are lucky, you flash a gun, fire a few, and they all run. The risk is far too great that you will instead find yourself at the receiving end of of alot of gunfire. It isnt worth the risk. As much as I would want to unleash hell out of my AR15, I think the smart choice is to just do what they say.
I have no faith in the BG's good nature.
fighting back IS the only option.
to me, It IS worth the risk.

there are too many recent stories for me to "just do what they say".

#31 ·
Threads like this shure make it unnerveing (sp) to go to work at night leaving my 9mnth prego wife and 2 under 4 kids at home. Straight shot out of bedroom will land in either of their rooms :( we should move!! Yes I am well aware that the shtf all the time it just sucks hearing about.

#34 ·
four armed suspects confronted a man as he was leaving his home. They forced him back inside and tied him up
If I were that man and, leaving for work one morning, opened my front door to see four men advancing toward me on my property, my pistol would be in my hand immediately. If the threat continued I would fight until I either won or died - but no way are they going in my house while I can still move.

Four men breaking in is a different scenario than four men outside catching me leaving.

#35 ·
If they come at 3am, then they come up an unprotected stairway where all the bedrooms are. From there:

1) 10 rounds from the Benelli, federal 132 Tactical Buckshot, 00.
2) I drop the Benelli when I empty it, and grab the AR, 30 rounds of TAP 1 spare mag.
3) If any have survived that, its down to the 1911 loaded with COR-BON pow-r-ball, 2 spare mags.
4) If any get past me, they face sweetie pie. She carries a .357, and is 200 pounds of former weightlifting, hormonal as hell menopausal female who dreams about beating members of the male genre to death with her bare hands, gutting them and then strangling them with their entrails because she has to live with me and my three boys.......

I feel sorry for anyone who kicks in our door.....

#37 ·
If they come at 3am, then they come up an unprotected stairway where all the bedrooms are. From there:

1) 10 rounds from the Benelli, federal 132 Tactical Buckshot, 00.
2) I drop the Benelli when I empty it, and grab the AR, 30 rounds of TAP 1 spare mag.
3) If any have survived that, its down to the 1911 loaded with COR-BON pow-r-ball, 2 spare mags.
4) If any get past me, they face sweetie pie. She carries a .357, and is 200 pounds of former weightlifting, hormonal as hell menopausal female who dreams about beating members of the male genre to death with her bare hands, gutting them and then strangling them with their entrails because she has to live with me and my three boys.......
I feel sorry for anyone who kicks in our door.....
Dang, now you got me scared.

Biker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.