Home Invasions Taken To New Level

This is a discussion on Home Invasions Taken To New Level within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems like home invasions used to be done by a couple guys. Now it's 4-6 or more. How do you defend against that? ===================== Three ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Invasions Taken To New Level

Home Invasions Taken To New Level

Seems like home invasions used to be done by a couple guys. Now it's 4-6 or more. How do you defend against that?

=====================
    Three Home Invasions

Two home invasion robberies took place in Selma and Atwater on Tuesday and a third has been reported on Wednesday in Fresno.

The attack in Fresno took place on West Chandler near Marks and Madison in the Southwest part of the city.

Fresno Police say four armed suspects confronted a man as he was leaving his home. They forced him back inside and tied him up, along with a woman and a 13-year-old boy. Two other children were also inside but were left sleeping.

The suspects got away with money and computers.

In Selma, Fresno County Sheriff’s Deputies are searching for suspects in a separate home invasion robbery where six masked men with guns broke into a home on McCall Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

The suspects held a grandmother and her 7-year-old grandson while they stole jewelry and an SUV.

The victims were not injured and the SUV was ditched a few blocks from the crime scene.

Deputies are still looking for the six thieves last seen in a red minivan and a white Jeep Cherokee with Arizona plates.

And in the North Valley, a young father and his 10-month-old daughter are safe after a frightening home invasion in Merced County.

It happened on Tuesday in South Atwater. The 23-year-old victim came home with his daughter to find several armed men inside his house.

They were held hostage while the suspects ransacked the home and stole the victim's car. The stolen vehicle was found a few blocks away.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Seems like home invasions used to be done by a couple guys. Now it's 4-6 or more. How do you defend against that?
    Large capacity magazines.

claymores......

My 12 ga coach gun with 00 buck is the welcoming committee, my .45 inspects the rest of the arriving party.

Actually, I'm not opening the door in the first place, if it gets kicked in, all bets are off on 'second guessing', all threats will be dealt with quickly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

AR 15 with TAPs and a whitelight
    30 rounds on board with two spare mags close at hand.

90 rounds...plus my nightstand 1911's 29 (two spares)
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    If you shoot the first couple of them in the face, it tends to discourage the rest of them.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Glad I live in a small redneck town. My uncle drove over from Houston, Sunday. He is 89 and moved to Houston in 1951. I asked how things were,he replied, " murder,rape and robbery", then shook his head. He said he cannot believe what the city has turned into. We may get bored,but there are good points about living in hickville.

Short AR is the only way to go for home defense.
    The Marshmallowist

VIP Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OldLincoln

If you shoot the first couple of them in the face, it tends to discourage the rest of them.
    Gonzo

^^^^I'm^^^going^^with^^this^^one^^^^^^^^

I think this will get them thinking of prior engagements faster than asking them, "what in the wide world of sports is a goin' on here"

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
    Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
    Mathew Courtney
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Gonzo
    Agree most thugs faced with getting shot will retreat and find an easier target. most are looking for easy money, not a gunfight.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

After the first Bang It's kinda like having cockroaches and turning on the light
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Mossy 18incher Loaded w/#4 Buck Welcoming commity & side x side for wifeand a 9mm each three four mags Each Hi-capassity ; )
    PS when you care to send the very best
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Now as far as the man leaving his house, I presume going to work as two children were left sleeping, maybe naps, but let's just say morning, chit happens, he could be armed, doesn't matter if they take him by surprise, sorry, say what you want, chit happens.

Now, them breaking in and your armed or have time, all responses apply.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I've found it very interesting & consistent as to the lack of loyalty amongst BGs in groups of 2 or more when lead starts flying. It instantly becomes "every man for himself". They definitely don't subscribe to the "leave no man behind" policy.

Countless news stories & security videos consistently show the comrads scattering instantly once the first one is down, left behind to deal with his own fate. There are always exceptions, but mostly, chop off the head & the body will slither away ASAP. Expect, prepare, & train for the exceptions, & anything less will be that much easier.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Hardening the home is probably necessary. That AR doesn't help unless you have a few seconds wake up and use it. As long as the door doesn't kick in quickly and you don't have unsecured picture windows, you ought to be able to respond with force.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links