Defensive Carry banner

Banks

992 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Hopyard 
#1 ·
OK I was thinking the other day,:gah: I know in Idaho and many other States, going into a bank armed is not a problem. Then this popped into my mind: What about a Federal Credit Union, is it considered a Federal building?

#2 ·
If they are federal employees I believe it might be. IIRC, Navy Federal Credit Union and others like it are.

FDIC insured does not count.

#3 ·
If it is a 'federal facility' it will be posted at the entrance, with reference to the federal facility provision of the USC...

#4 ·
Federal Credit Union just means it was formed for federal employees. It is a members owned institution and has no connection with the government.

#5 ·
Yet another reason to love the GunShine State, being armed in banks is not a problem.:comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome:

#7 ·
A Credit Union is not a Federal Government facility

NO. These are private financial institutions formed by and for the benefit of the membership, which is defined usually as a specified group of employees: e.g., Federal Employees, State Employees, Chrysler Employees, College of the Not So Smart Employees. The term Federal doesn't mean it is Federal property or that the employees are Federal.

These are interesting institutions. I've watched one grow from a very small organization in a "hole in the wall office" to a full service
"bank" with everything the big boys offer. Everything that is except the rip offs and trickery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.