Banks

This is a discussion on Banks within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK I was thinking the other day, I know in Idaho and many other States, going into a bank armed is not a problem. Then ...

Thread: Banks

Banks

OK I was thinking the other day, I know in Idaho and many other States, going into a bank armed is not a problem. Then this popped into my mind: What about a Federal Credit Union, is it considered a Federal building?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

If they are federal employees I believe it might be. IIRC, Navy Federal Credit Union and others like it are.

FDIC insured does not count.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    If it is a 'federal facility' it will be posted at the entrance, with reference to the federal facility provision of the USC...
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

VIP Member
    Federal Credit Union just means it was formed for federal employees. It is a members owned institution and has no connection with the government.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Yet another reason to love the GunShine State, being armed in banks is not a problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Federal Credit Union just means it was formed for federal employees. It is a members owned institution and has no connection with the government.
    +1

The only bank(s) you would probably have problems with is the Federal Reserve Bank!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member

A Credit Union is not a Federal Government facility

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    OK I was thinking the other day, I know in Idaho and many other States, going into a bank armed is not a problem. Then this popped into my mind: What about a Federal Credit Union, is it considered a Federal building?
    NO. These are private financial institutions formed by and for the benefit of the membership, which is defined usually as a specified group of employees: e.g., Federal Employees, State Employees, Chrysler Employees, College of the Not So Smart Employees. The term Federal doesn't mean it is Federal property or that the employees are Federal.

These are interesting institutions. I've watched one grow from a very small organization in a "hole in the wall office" to a full service
    "bank" with everything the big boys offer. Everything that is except the rip offs and trickery.

Links