Workplace Violence Compliance Training - Page 6

Workplace Violence Compliance Training

This is a discussion on Workplace Violence Compliance Training within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by targus Sikorsky? Nope. Law Firm. Originally Posted by ASSA9 Was that a red Swingline by any chance?----right---- I'm going to have to ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Workplace Violence Compliance Training

Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    Sikorsky?
    Nope. Law Firm.

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    Was that a red Swingline by any chance?----right----
    I'm going to have to ask you to go ahead and move your office a little farther back------ya---
    Mr. Lumbergh told me to talk to payroll and then payroll told me to talk to Mr. Lumbergh and I still haven't received my paycheck and he took my stapler and he never brought it back and then they moved my desk to storage room B and there was garbage on it...

YouTube - Office Space - Milton Swingline Stapler scenes

Now...Imagine Milton with loose 9mm rounds on his desk mixed with paper clips, 3 coffee cups, 35 pens, 200 phone messages which he doesn't want to return, and a 14 ounce sap as a paper weight.

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    you have evidence that being armed would have saved those people or were they killed before they would have had a chance to defend themselves?...and please...no more tom cruise movies for support...
    Yes, there is evidence where armed citizens have done just that. And some citizens who have done it more than once, against multiple opponents.

But for the store clerks in KC & Texas specifically? Well, sheesh, you got me there because they're dead and they were unarmed.

I think the movie example sailed right over your head. That's okay with me as lot's of others got the benefit of understanding how tactics, training and mindset works. Plus they have probably read the accounts of citizens who have done that but never seen an example executed before.

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    and somehow you seem to believe you can make your way to the sporting goods section...break the glass...retrieve a shotgun (they are not equipped with trigger locks at your store?)...load it...and provide a defensive shot before you could find an exit and utilize it?...

who made the statement about internet bravado?...youre kidding right?...these guys are military quality tacticians...
    I don't know if the guy who made that statement believes he can do that or not. I can't answer for him... But it does sound like at least he's thinking of a plan before the action happens. Whether it would work or not would be dependent on the situation at hand, now wouldn't it?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Yes, there is evidence where armed citizens have done just that. And some citizens who have done it more than once, against multiple opponents.

my question was in the instances sited...i am well aware of recorded instances in which armed citizens protected themselves and others from harm...i am also aware of instances where armed citizens who were poorly prepared were taken apart with their own weapons...thats not brady stuff...its fact...you arent preaching to a well trained group of armed tacticians on this forum...you are preaching to a guncentric group of people who do believe they are armed and therefore ready for whatever comes their way and their gun is always the answer...

But for the store clerks in KC & Texas specifically? Well, sheesh, you got me there because they're dead and they were unarmed.

I think the movie example sailed right over your head. That's okay with me as lot's of others got the benefit of understanding how tactics, training and mindset works. Plus they have probably read the accounts of citizens who have done that but never seen an example executed before.

no...it didnt sail right over my head...problem is he was a highly skilled and trained assasin...not a mall ninja with a ccw...the moves you saw in that film arent something just anyone does...and the crack head could just as easily blown him away while he was approaching but chose not to and endangered himself by getting close enough for physical contact...interestingly enough after showing multiple times that he was not really interested in shooting anyone as he had left the cab driver unharmed and with a perfect opportunity did not shoot tom cruise who was openly challenging him...both of these contradict exaclty what has been preached in this thread...had he been allowed to walk away there would not have been anyone shot (i'm not saying it would have made for good ratings)...the opposite of what every guncentric person here states is going to happen...

I don't know if the guy who made that statement believes he can do that or not. I can't answer for him... But it does sound like at least he's thinking of a plan before the action happens. Whether it would work or not would be dependent on the situation at hand, now wouldn't it?
    the plan changes when things happen...its adapt and react...hes not making a plan...hes living in a fantasy movie world...

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    for the record...i never said my posts were original...but if you cant think all angles of a situation you arent getting out of it...if going for the gun is the only thing you can come up with your thought process needs work...there are other options and considerations to be taken in many circumstances...somehow lots of people get through life without a gun at all...even through some pretty bad situations...conversly ther are those who would have made out better with a gun...and there are those who might have been better off if their gun stayed holstered....the thought process that allows you to believe your gun is your go to is weak and ill advised...believing that without your gun youre naked means youre poorly prepared for a lot of situations that dont require a gun to survive...thats why its thought provoking...instead of preaching the "you have a gun use it" mantra....try thinking of ways out of a situation or avoiding it altogether if possible...once lead flies a lot of things change and you might find out you arent as well prepared as you thought...by then its too late...

as far as the brady campaign defense goes...that is old and tired...we have an administration in place that loves to say they inherited a problem from a previous administration as an excuse for making our problems worse...it isnt any different than preaching guncentricity and then blaming those who dont believe the gun is the end all solution for supporting the brady campaign...you do a good job of that yourself....

is that thoguht provoking?...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    Furthermore I do not sometimes carry, I never do.
    NEW YORK CITY
    OMG I did not realize, Never Mind
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Right on, like I said the absolutes in my world are completely different. However I find it interesting that you did not confirm that they are absolutes in your world either. Anywise I like the city; I will probably move out in a few years and will most likely make the commute in.

We had some Active Shooter training class last week. It said to run and get away. If you're cornered with the guy, don't comply and get shot, fight back and try to take the guy down.

Sadly, we have a no firearms policy.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Insurance driven compliance measures

Quote Originally Posted by Little Thomas View Post
    My wife is a compliance manager for a large company. As you can guess a lot of this has to do with insurance.

My wife had a three day course she had to attend for part of her getting a certain certification. The suggestions were basically to turn off all of the lights you could and to get under desks.

I asked her if it might help to set off the fire alarms ( yes I have watched Die Hard a couple of times) and she looked at me like I had lobsters coming out of my ears(yes I have watched A Christmas story a couple times).

Evidently thinking outside the box was not appreciated by the course instructor.
    Since insurance is driving these foolish violence compliance policies, send the President of the company (not local managers) a letter signed by all of the employees who agree which states that each will hold the company responsible for defensive measures to protect the entire staff at your location.

By the way, pulling the fire alarm is a great idea because the bad guy will leave and it will not put the fire fighters at risk.

Capt. Art

Double Standard

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    My workplace is a little bit different just because im an armed guard working graveshift at a medical facility, the only persons allowed to be armed on the property are myself and my supervisor who is only here for like 30 minutes a night. i look at it like this, if we have an active shooter, i would rather have me be the only person armed and taking down the shooter than have 30 people with ccw permits trying to take him out, and then creating a good guy vs bad guy identification problem for me. That is the main reason for many of these policies, if law enforcement or private officers are on site then you may be shot by one of us instead of the shooter, if your office has armed guards on site, i would not carry my own weapon, if it dosen't, bring as much firepower as you can. that being said im also hypocritical in that when i worked in an auto parts store that banned weapons, i still packed a 38 snubbie in my pocket
    InccwChris:

I think your being unfair in your statement that if you have a gun, then I should not. If you are outnumbered 3 to 1 by bad guys, wouldn't you be glad to have some help?

While I understand your desire to know who the bad guy is, you could easily accomplish that by requesting that people who work on your night shift, identify themselves to you and produce evidence that they are employed by your employer. There is not even a need to tell you if they carry or not, unless they wish to do so.

If you do not trust those who work for your employer to be as honest as you are, then you must find a job where the people there are trustworthy (in your opinion).

That is what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Capt. Art

Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    Well, it goes both ways, considering the employer's point of view. Also, how would you like it if a family member (or friend, etc) got shot at work by some idiot trigger happy co-worker who overreacted...and NEVER goes to the range to practice? Do you want to be around carriers like that in a close type situation, such as work? No? Well, that's why it's just easier (and really makes more sense) to ban carrying completely...from the employer's point of view. And, that's not even taking into account insurance considerations.
    Targus:

That is so out of step with reality, I almost did not reply. Where do you find "trigger happy" coworkers shooting each other?

You can bet it would be in all of the lame stream media reports.

Time to stop drinking the Kool Aid!

Capt. Art

Quote Originally Posted by twocan View Post
    InccwChris:

If you do not trust those who work for your employer to be as honest as you are, then you must find a job where the people there are trustworthy (in your opinion).

That is what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Capt. Art
    And what field are you in where you can easily move from employer to employer? I do not know about security jobs but for most careers some one who appears flaky with there jobs is not usually what an employer wants, and does not help for upward movement.

And what field are you in where you can easily move from employer to employer? I do not know about security jobs but for most careers some one who appears flaky with there jobs is not usually what an employer wants, and does not help for upward movement.
    Alex:

I do not understand your point?

what do you do for work where you have that level of flexability to leave one employe and go get another becuse you do not trust the other people working there.

second off how does it pay? and if it pays well how do i get into it?

Targus:

That is so out of step with reality, I almost did not reply. Where do you find "trigger happy" coworkers shooting each other?

You can bet it would be in all of the lame stream media reports.

Time to stop drinking the Kool Aid!

Capt. Art
    Alex:

I do not understand your point?
    what do you do for work where you have that level of flexability to leave one employe and go get another becuse you do not trust the other people working there.

second off how does it pay? and if it pays well how do i get into it?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Hey, at least they're not throwing rocks like I see on some forums...
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links