Wild West - Page 2

Wild West

This is a discussion on Wild West within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The west was more wild in dime novels than reality. The west was really polite because most folks were armed, time to arm yourself, others ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild West

The west was more wild in dime novels than reality. The west was really polite because most folks were armed, time to arm yourself, others around you will be polite.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Dude, move! There are so many better places in the US. And probably cheaper too.

Life is too short to live in crappy places.
    At some point we're going to run out of places to move. Maybe it's time to take a stand and take back our neighborhoods?
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    At some point we're going to run out of places to move. Maybe it's time to take a stand and take back our neighborhoods?
    Thank you. Most people cant afford just to pack up and move..

To the OP be safe and be armed
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    That's not my job. Nor my expertise. Not to mention that I dont like living close to people period.

This is a defensive gun forum...and societal change does not take place at the end of the barrel of a gun. Protection of person and rights? Yes.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Dude, move! There are so many better places in the US. And probably cheaper too.

Life is too short to live in crappy places.
    sure...you wont have any trouble finding a job in a new location either...everything will be rosey if you just pack your stuff and roll...

Yes it is getting scarey everywhere, even in the very rural area I live. It's just not the same even in the last 5 years. More people moving in that don't seem to know or care how they raise their kids. The youth crime is in the paper almost daily. I'm not beating up on youth, I was once one. But I tell you what God bless my parents who kicked our behinds when we needed it. I thank them all the time.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

mossberg 500/cruiser is a good one to consider. hope you don't need it.

Distinguished Member
    Be creative. I've got an uncle that's been a motorhead all his life. He bought a house in a pretty rough section of Indiannapolis. While thinking on how to harden his house he remembered that he'd never been near a Briggs & Stratton 3 1/2 horse engine, sitting on the floor, without barking his shins and he'd yell "ouch ******!". So he started collecting old lawn mowers and stripping the motors off and putting them near every window inside his house (I'm not kidding on this). That was his alarm system. He never got to use it since I think the neighbors watched him over time and decided to just leave that one alone.

Good luck.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Be creative. I've got an uncle that's been a motorhead all his life. He bought a house in a pretty rough section of Indiannapolis. While thinking on how to harden his house he remembered that he'd never been near a Briggs & Stratton 3 1/2 horse engine, sitting on the floor, without barking his shins and he'd yell "ouch ******!". So he started collecting old lawn mowers and stripping the motors off and putting them near every window inside his house (I'm not kidding on this). That was his alarm system. He never got to use it since I think the neighbors watched him over time and decided to just leave that one alone.

Good luck.
    briggs and stratton engines have been replaced by shrubbery with thorns or thick brush that makes entry/exit at windows difficult and painful...

Our little town started a Neighborhood Watch with members that patrol our town from 10pm to 2am or 2am to 6am.

We patrol at our own expense use our own cars and use our cell phones to call in any activity that does not seem right to us.

The Sheriff or a lead deputy meets with our group once a month and we share and discuss how to be more effective.

We have bought scanners and Gpss and log miles driven and man hours and personal notes for the next shift.

We do need more involvement.

Drug traffic and crime is down, and being proactive seem better to me than setting in my home waiting for BGs.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

A shotgun and a pistol to carry at all times is the only way to start. You can't have a shotgun on you at all times, and the descriptions of many home invasions leave no time to go grab a shotgun in another room. In addition, get training for both!

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I live in a very small SE Ohio city. No jobs, lots of drugs.
    The city is in financial wow's (mostly from mis-management IMO)
    I believe now the local agriculture is meth.
    The local Sheriffs dept is down to bare bones coverage.
    Im guessing its soon to be like the wild west here.
    My wife an I are empty nesters ,Im 50 years old and for the first time in my life Im getting concerned.
    I think my next purchase is going to me a tactical 12 gauge of some type, razor wire and Claymores!

Over here in NY the NYPD had to put up with gang initiation day on Easter Sunday netted 54 arrests and four shootings w/three injured.

Chicago had 41 shot in 50 hours. Police were in the middle of talking to the press and shots were fired again.

Theses savages are getting out of hand.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Over here in NY the NYPD had to put up with gang initiation day on Easter Sunday netted 54 arrests and four shootings w/three injured.

Chicago had 41 shot in 50 hours. Police were in the middle of talking to the press and shots were fired again.

Theses savages are getting out of hand.
    Both cities are gun free target rich environments.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    While there ain't nothing wrong with a shotgun, I think in the 21st century one could do better than a shotgun. To wit a semi-auto rifle. Even many police departments are now getting that message.
    How 'bout a semi auto shotgun?
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Bloods and Crips? LEO's being murdered?

This garbage is getting out of hand. It's high time to plead / demand from your represetatives tougher laws, tougher sentencing, and judges that aren't Yasgur's Farm rejects, and insist that they give LE the tools and authority to forcefully put an end to this nonsense.
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links