How Would You Handle This? Home Invasion - Group of Armed Men

This is a discussion on How Would You Handle This? Home Invasion - Group of Armed Men within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 If I have time to get to my closet I would respond with an M1 Carbine, but more than likely I ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Would You Handle This? Home Invasion - Group of Armed Men

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    If I have time to get to my closet I would respond with an M1 Carbine, but more than likely I would be fighting with a Taurus PT-111 as my wife tries to get our boys out of the house
    I don't understand to logic of getting out of the house??... now instead of be able to funnel the Bad Guy's through a doorway while in the house, they could attack you from any direction while you stand in your backyard waiting for 911....

I'm not leaving my house I would rather retreat to the bedroom using my .40cal as cover, where I have an Extra Mag for my .40cal but my 12 gauge 7+1 will be my first line of defense as they walk through the doorway...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Because the chances of me successfully holding off 6-7 armed men with my PT-111 is very slim, doesn’t mean I won’t try but I am a realist. If my family has time to put in effect our response plan then we hole up in the master bedroom, with an M1 carbine with 60 rounds, a PT-111 with 37 rounds, and a .357 snub-nose revolver with 15 rounds, and I think we can successfully hold off half a dozen armed men.

But if the kick in the door and the family is scattered throughout the house as we usually are then I engage and try to buy my wife enough time to gather up the kids and make it to safety, whether that is the master bedroom our outside and who said you need to use a door to get outside? My wife is bright enough to bust out a window of whatever room she is in to escape.

As far as someone waiting outside to gun us down as we exit, it would be far easier and safer for them to throw a Molotov cocktail at the house and shoot us as we flee a burning house.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

This just happened here in Kansas City, Kansas.

2 Hurt In KCK Home Invasion - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City

One at a time, with extreme violence...

I'm usually up NLT 0330hrs and out the door by 0600hrs. If it's earlier than that, I have a pain in the butt, japanese spitz that would get me up and scrambling before entry... I hope.

I just had an image of the BG face with me making thunder, half naked, wearing only a pair of Sponge Bob boxers!

All 6-7 cannot enter at the same time.

Hopefully, those through the door first WILL become the 'roadblock' and a warning for those following ...hopefully becoming increasingly discouraged by the 'dead weight' and slippery tile...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I suspect that getting rushed with somewhere around 4 or more committed attackers (who knows, maybe less?), I'm going to be over-whelmed. At that point, they may as well be 400, I'm still only killing two or three before they get me.

This isn't something that I lose sleep over. I'm not ready to move into the bunker yet (although I won't be surprised if/when that day comes).

Seems to me, that some of the responses are a little "off the cuff", sort of like the cowboy always gets the bad guy.

Although the story did not mention this, what if the BG's entered through different parts of the house? Some in the front, some in the back, some through a window, etc.

One can't be everywhere at once to shoot at the BG's. I'm still thinking that retreat might be the best option in this particular case. If you can't get out of the house, at least from one room you can get them as they come towards you.

I know that each home situation is different, so there is no clear-cut way to respond to this, but I'm looking for any other options other than an all out shootout.
    Last edited by JonInNY; March 31st, 2010 at 10:26 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I suspect that getting rushed with somewhere around 4 or more committed attackers (who knows, maybe less?), I'm going to be over-whelmed. At that point, they may as well be 400, I'm still only killing two or three before they get me.

This isn't something that I lose sleep over. I'm not ready to move into the bunker yet (although I won't be surprised if/when that day comes).
    x2. It would be hard (but not impossible) for attackers to enter my house from anywhere where I didnt hear them/the dogs didnt hear them and couldnt get to my saferoom/bedroom in time.

But if shooting a few in the doorway didnt work....oh well. (I wont hesitate to shoot thru the wall either, and I know exactly where to do so).
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

AK47 when you have to kill everybody in the Room.....

Extreme violence would have to be deployed to survive this type of attack...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

If the sound of the dogs did not stop them even before they got to the porch, then I am in deep trouble, with nothing but a 12g with buckshot, an AK with 4 or 5 loaded mags, and a couple of loaded pistols within easy reach.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Agreed with Bark'N agreeing with Sixto.

How many storys have we seen just here at DC.com in the GBU thread where same has occurred and either initially if not eventually it comes to be found that such a coordinated attack is due to illegal activities as by both partys AND that the victims knew or had business dealings with their attackers.
    So often this is the case in such crimes. With a handful minor percentage being cases of mistaken identity/wrong address.

Similar happened last Januray in a town adjacent to my own.
    Four running a heavily armed early morning SWAT style raid and take down against three teens in a rented bungalow. All four were later caught though as spotted in their car parked at the side of the road by a town police driving by.
    Reason? They had drug dealings with two of the three 'victims' as prior. And this is in a rural town out in the middle of nowhere.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    First off, I'd take into consideration your occupation if you anticipate some sort of violent takeover of your house. Bankers, Physicians, (access to drugs and large amounts of cash) any one with affiliates that may hold a vendetta against them (lawyers and their staff, like me) should be armed, even at home. It could also be that your just well off no matter what your profession and they follow you home one day from the store coz you drive a new beemer. My brother just got a nifty option on his sec. sys. He has a panic alarm on his keychain thats wired to the house. goes with him everywhere now.
    And if you got kids around, train them to get out of the house fast and haul it to the neighbors. In this situation, I'd consider it a good thing they had masks coz they clearly intend on leaving witness's. No need to worry about being ID'd if everyones dead.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    but above all, GET TO A GUN AND SPARE MAGS.

I'd handle it with 40s flying...if I went down, I wouldn't be the only one.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Remington 870 leans next to my computer, (+2 extension) 20 rounds of 9mm on person at all times, should get me to the mini-14 in the bedroom and if all else fails there is grandpas old smith revolver that shaves lead due to the timing being off
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links