How Would You Handle This? Home Invasion - Group of Armed Men - Page 3

How Would You Handle This? Home Invasion - Group of Armed Men

This is a discussion on How Would You Handle This? Home Invasion - Group of Armed Men within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Guardian ...I'm saying your going to be unprepared for that type of manpower to come in on you at probably time in ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Would You Handle This? Home Invasion - Group of Armed Men

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    ...I'm saying your going to be unprepared for that type of manpower to come in on you at probably time in the morning when your trying to get ready for work or kids up or whatever the reason, your guard is going to be lower then usual.
    I have an answer to that. Dogs!

Hey, I'm often in condition white when I'm at home. It's my castle. It's where i can relax and recharge. I carry a gun every time I leave the house, therefore I'm always in condition yellow during the time I'm out with frequent periods of condition orange so when I'm at home, I use that time to relax and give my brain a rest.

However, whether it's 2 am (which I'm usually up at that time more often than not) or whether it's 5:30 or 6 am, and I'm still in bed, if someone is messing around outside my house or on the front porch getting ready to kick the door in, my dogs are going insane!

I have a Basset hound and a Coon hound and they go crazy at people messing around. Our mail delivery is usually around noon, however if I'm getting a package via USPS they have a separate mail carrier who make rounds in a little mail truck early in the morning. Before 8 am. He doesn't knock on the door either, just puts the package on the porch. Every time he shows up the dogs are on alert.

In other words, they are good watch dogs and alarm for periods when I'm least expecting things or am in condition white.

The AR-15 is always out and close by because I use it for Swat duty and I always have hi-capacity pistols at hand.

The home doors are locked 24/7 so if someone is doing a forced entry, at least in my case, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to respond with heavy force and firepower, even when it's unexpected or I'm in condition white.

The key is... even if you're in condition white while at home, as long as your firepower is immediately accessible, you're never really unable to respond. The body is capable of going from white to full body alarm mode in mere seconds. As long as you have your guns with you, I think you can win. I have the attitude where I KNOW I'm gonna win.
    Last edited by Bark'n; April 1st, 2010 at 06:19 AM.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    If I had advance warning, which 9 times out of 10, I would. My 870 would take care of 5, hopefully more since slugs are known to go through. The rest is going to have to deal with my 9mm.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Difficult situation. If we were asleep, we are all upstairs, in a very solid defensive position. So take position with the M1A at the top of the steps. Any other time, it would be me and a G26 against 6-7 armed men? I don't like those odds. Game over.

All depends on the details. Gotta remember that even if you shoot through a 1 inch hole at the range, you may not be able to put a round through a ferris wheel when there are rounds whistling past you. Tunnel vision is real, and it sucks. Train under stress for best results. If i'm on the receiving end of 7 or 8 BG's, and i've got nothing but my pistol I have no shame saying i'd run like a girls scout getting chased by a pit bull. The odds are just not good in this situation. Gotta hope that first gunshot scares 'em all off, which is a good possibility.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    This is a true story, out of today's local newspaper. How would you handle a home invasion with 6-7 armed men?

Police search for men involved in home invasion - The Daily Freeman Blotter: Serving the Hudson Valley since 1871(DailyFreeman.com)

WAWARSING State police were searching for six to seven black males in connection with a reported home invasion robbery that occurred early Tuesday morning.

A young couple living on Old Greenfield Road reported that six to seven black males entered their home armed with handguns, wearing masks and gloves and demanding money, state police at Wawarsing said. Police said the residents suffered minor injuries during the robbery and were treated at a local hospital and released.

The robbers fled from the residence with unknown proceeds and were last seen on foot heading towards state Route 52, police said.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call investigators at (845) 626-2800
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    If I was caught off guard an unarmed I would have no choice but to comply and pray they didnt kill me. If I had forewarning there would be six to seven bodies with .223 holes waiting for the county ME to pick up.
    if i were forewarned i wouldnt be home...the best way to get out of a gunfight alive is to not show up...

Quote Originally Posted by earlthegoat2 View Post
    Given only that information I would assume that many people breaking into my house at the same time would mean they are a hit squad or in other words intend me great harm that I will not survive if I do not fight back swiftly and severely. That is a situation in my mind where you have every advantage to fight back now and under no circumstances submit to their demands.

Of course this would take vigialance and a high capacity firearm stashed nearby.

Can I assume it was dark out? (Tuesday morning) Maybe but if it was me I would probably be up drinking my coffee with my J frame stuffed in my front sweatshirt pocket and I would be ready. Not everyone is as paranoid as me though. I would use the J frame to cover myself as I got to my Hi Power (I dont have a shotgun) commenced front sight focus squeeze as many times as it took to quell the threat.

As for taking hits myself....well.....
    were you reading the same information i was?....the victims were treated for minor injuries and released...

glad to see the "flip em the bird and die like a viking" mentality is still alive and kicking here...you guys really think you can take on 6-7 armed guys "or die trying"?...you do realize that a single bullet if you are lucky enough to place it in the bad guy probably isnt going to stop them dont you?...that many people when shot continue on sometimes not even realizing they have been shot?...that unless you are a ninja warrior the funnel of death you love to talk about is the funnel to your funeral?....

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    All depends on the details. Gotta remember that even if you shoot through a 1 inch hole at the range, you may not be able to put a round through a ferris wheel when there are rounds whistling past you. Tunnel vision is real, and it sucks. Train under stress for best results. If i'm on the receiving end of 7 or 8 BG's, and i've got nothing but my pistol I have no shame saying i'd run like a girls scout getting chased by a pit bull. The odds are just not good in this situation. Gotta hope that first gunshot scares 'em all off, which is a good possibility.
    A very colorful response.. I agree with you 100%. I would look to get out of there first, if at all possible. I think facing the danger, in this case, would be a pretty poor choice of options!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    A very colorful response.. I agree with you 100%. I would look to get out of there first, if at all possible. I think facing the danger, in this case, would be a pretty poor choice of options!
    agreed...i dont know if anyone realizes it but chances are you dont get any extra points in the afterlife for fighting to the death if there is another option available that has better chances of survival...

youve read about encounters on this forum where compliance resulted in living but still disagree with it...fantasy doesnt trump reality except in the movies....

VIP Member

+1 bladenbullet

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    agreed...i dont know if anyone realizes it but chances are you dont get any extra points in the afterlife for fighting to the death if there is another option available that has better chances of survival...

youve read about encounters on this forum where compliance resulted in living but still disagree with it...fantasy doesnt trump reality except in the movies....
    +1 Actually there are lots of things in life that don't end up like the movies.

"We'll fight and never lose" is a great line for a song from Cabaret, but it isn't real world-ish.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    All I can say is if 6 or 7 BGs are busting in my house... I would use my sidearm and attempt to access my safe. If successful I have my SHTF gun MB500 and the counterpart XD45.

I don't know where the rest of you live but I would be hesitant to grab the rifle unless that is your only option. Anyone who has fired a rifle without hearing protection inside a confined space will know what I am talking about. Then the collateral damage... I know what your going to say... "you life's on the line, you won't have time blah blah blah" but think about it... a stray rifle bullet can penetrate walls and still have enough energy to put one of your neighbors in the ground.

00 buck and 230gr hollow points should do the trick.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As of yesterday, I need to change my answer. First, the Mossy 500 pump 12ga will be tossing some 00 buck around. If anything is still moving after that, the 40s will be flying.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

My .38 is always with me in the house, if they come in my front door and back door they converge instantly on the same spot (small house) all I have to do is run into our bedroom and get the 870.

Sure odds are not good but if it did happen I could poss hold until helped arrived or I killed them all.

and dont think I wont just start pumping rounds down the wall where the door is...if they were not running before, walls exploding in front of them will!

and if I DO die, at least I gave me and my wife a chance?
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

I have two dogs who are highly trained and ready to defend my house. One is a mixed German Shepard and the other is a blue heeler. These two dogs will attack only at the command of myself and wife. I hate to say this but these two would be my first line of defense and would most likely take the bullet rather than my family members. These two would be my decoys with enough time for me to get my guns and fight back.

gtv
    If they don't kill me outright, I guess I will have a good laugh when the 6-8 guys discover that I do not own enough worth stealing to make one burglar happy, much less a crowd of them.

Seriously, though, and more to the point realistically, I think my only hope is to be able to hold them off long enough for my wife (and hopefully me, too) to get barricaded into the bedroom, call 911, and hunker down with the bedstand pistols and the 9mm carbine.
    "Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day... Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all his time in the basement tying flies and neglecting his personal hygiene." -- Jimmy James

"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!" -- Admiral James T. Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    if i were forewarned i wouldnt be home...the best way to get out of a gunfight alive is to not show up...

were you reading the same information i was?....the victims were treated for minor injuries and released...

glad to see the "flip em the bird and die like a viking" mentality is still alive and kicking here...you guys really think you can take on 6-7 armed guys "or die trying"?...you do realize that a single bullet if you are lucky enough to place it in the bad guy probably isnt going to stop them dont you?...that many people when shot continue on sometimes not even realizing they have been shot?...that unless you are a ninja warrior the funnel of death you love to talk about is the funnel to your funeral?....
    And your point is?

This isn't a constructive comment but only scorn for others who have posted.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    And your point is?

This isn't a constructive comment but only scorn for others who have posted.
    It's just a typical response.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links