BG's never surprise me

This is a discussion on BG's never surprise me within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Four robbers subdue two people and ransack a home at 2pm on Easter Sunday. 2 Dressed In Scrubs Rob Home - Houston News Story - ...

Thread: BG's never surprise me

BG's never surprise me

Four robbers subdue two people and ransack a home at 2pm on Easter Sunday.

2 Dressed In Scrubs Rob Home - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

I spent my Easter Sunday sitting down to a huge home cooked meal, talking with my aunts, uncles and adult cousins about work, politics, and sports, and chasing my little 4 and 6 year old cousins around the yard and the house. But, high and out of reach of the kids, my Glock oversaw all the festivities as well.

KTCameraman

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by KTCameraman View Post
    Four robbers subdue two people and ransack a home at 2pm on Easter Sunday.

2 Dressed In Scrubs Rob Home - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

I spent my Easter Sunday sitting down to a huge home cooked meal, talking with my aunts, uncles and adult cousins about work, politics, and sports, and chasing my little 4 and 6 year old cousins around the yard and the house. But, high and out of reach of the kids, my Glock oversaw all the festivities as well.

KTCameraman
    KTCameraman How you described your Easter is the best we can do for ourselves, and hope for the best for those who are not as enlightened as the rest of us.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Afternoon home invasion and on Easter Sunday, there is no respect anymore at all.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

My Easter was spent with my kids, also. My XD never left my person, until bedtime.

The world we live in is becoming more violent, daily.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

When you say high and out of reach of your kids,means that you are probably several seconds away from your weapon,could you access your firearm if some thugs appeared out of nowhere and happened to be between you and wherever your gun was stashed.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by KTCameraman View Post
    But, high and out of reach of the kids, my Glock oversaw all the festivities as well. KTCameraman
    I would never assume that's true at all. When my son was about 3 yrs old he would not stay out of the cookies, so I put them on top of the refrigerator. There is no visible means for him to get to them. However, when I walked back in the room, there he was sitting on top of the refrigerator eating the cookies.

We never figured out any feasible way he got up there.

Second, if it's not on you, it's not handy.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Last Christmas eve I interupted a car break in in my Uncle's church parking lot. I didn't have my Oregon permit, so I was not carrying. The permit status was the first thing on my new years resolution list.
    Walk softly ...

The Storm is here and is going to get worse. Be safe and armed out there....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

The neighbor mentions security locks, they won't help a thing if you open the door. It's real scary when you have home invasions while the people are home. That's why I carry at home. I'd rather have my weapon on me than "safely" stored somewhere. IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    ...if it's not on you, it's not [at] hand[y].
    Bingo. ^^

On body carry FTW.
    Everything else is 911 response time away.

~~~

"I'm trying to figure out how to have safety locks on my door -- so scary, so scary."
    Every house comes with 'safety locks'.
    In this case the homeowner actively disabled them AND then open the security door to allow herself to be overrun and taken down.
    Stupid.

Had she instead looked through the peephole or out a window then she'd have seen trouble dressed in costume, and by that would have left her safety door safely locked.
    Simple things add up to mean a lot.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Last Christmas eve I interupted a car break in in my Uncle's church parking lot. I didn't have my Oregon permit, so I was not carrying. The permit status was the first thing on my new years resolution list.
    what happened in that situation and do you believe it would have been different had you been armed?...

i am not trying to talk you out of being armed...i know someone somewhere is dying to label me a brady baby...i am asking a legitimate question...

Agreed bnb...Your question is legitimate, and I personally would never think to label you or a person who asks same as you did to be a Brady sympathizer.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Links