Officer Shoots Dog

This is a discussion on Officer Shoots Dog within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have heard of cops shooting chained dogs, I understand that if the dog lunges at someone and they feel threatened its a go on ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Officer Shoots Dog

I have heard of cops shooting chained dogs, I understand that if the dog lunges at someone and they feel threatened its a go on shooting, but what if the dog is chained up? Or Behind a fence and the officer enters and is greeted by a dog protecting his home?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
    I don't think so.
    Quit watching court TV OK.
    Actually I work in a court.... and I think so. Someone shooting your dog in fear of their life does not give you the right to shoot them. I can almost guarantee you will be living the rest of your life in jail. Quit watching chuck norris movies.

Why do you have to being chuck norris into this, he Round house kicks dogs not shoots em.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Actually I work in a court.... and I think so. Someone shooting your dog in fear of their life does not give you the right to shoot them. I can almost guarantee you will be living the rest of your life in jail. Quit watching chuck norris movies.
    If I'm in my yard, and a guy come in to my yard uninvited, and my dog charges him, and he draws and fires his weapon, he's getting return fire. I was afraid for my life and defended myself. Bad guy gets a free ride to the morgue, and I call my lawyer to sue the hell out of his family.

Not a Chuck Norris fan by the way.

JD
    Administrator
    What is it about any thread involving dogs that just makes people act like raving retards?

Everyone,

Take a pill.

Video of a contable shooting a meth heads pitbull in Texas

http://blip.tv/play/hOACga3zPwI%2Em4v
    Last edited by TMACON; April 8th, 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Bad link

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ah yes...more bravado and irrational fear...gotta love it.
    Because the two pit bulls (separate occasions) I came close to emptying a magazine into clearly changed their minds at the last second when they must have sensed their impending deaths, I have no war stories to tell.

Pit bulls are some pretty smart woofers when they need to be...

I know there was one where a lady was sicking her pits on a animal control officer and the cop showed up threatened to shoot the dog, dogs were sent to a shelter (unharmed) and the lady arrested for commanding the dog.

I am asking because I have an Australian Sheppard in a fenced section of the house and let her out on occasion to run around, (always comes back when called no matter what-tested with other dogs around and kids) and when I am at work she is in a fenced section and at night same thing, I dont want to see her shot if a cop for any reason comes by my house. (we've had cops goto the field in the back and border patrol, hell even a border patrolman stop to ask if I would sell my bike)

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    maybe thsi will change your mind a little...i thought it was obvious in the picture that the dog was in front of the fence(outside the fenced yard) but i'm not going to argue with the experts here on when to/not to shoot an animal...hell youd take down a person quicker it seems...the dog is not in the control of its owner if it is approaching anyone...

everyone here is gonna take the cop down for firing with others around...especially children...yet i read on this forum everyday about scenarios where people are ready to blaze a trail in stores full of people and the like...

the officer probably should have put a couple in the owner for not having the dog under control in the FENCED IN YARD...

Fort Worth police release dashboard video in dog shooting | Crime and Safety | News from...

Dash cam really doesnt show much...I think the officer was a little to jumpy for my taste. To many people around to be shooting like that. JMO
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    What is it about any thread involving dogs that just makes people act like raving retards?

Everyone,

Take a pill.
    JD, you hit it right on the head!

me to

Me to. He was killing the dog to get to me and my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
    If I'm in my yard, and a guy come in to my yard uninvited, and my dog charges him, and he draws and fires his weapon, he's getting return fire. I was afraid for my life and defended myself. Bad guy gets a free ride to the morgue, and I call my lawyer to sue the hell out of his family.

Not a Chuck Norris fan by the way.
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Big Arn: My comments refer to being on a public street and facing an unleashed dog that I deem an imminent threat. Believe me--I have no interest in visiting you or your property when sarcastic responses are all you got. What a reach on your response.

Senior Moderator
    Why do these dog threads always end up in personal attacks and heated arguments?

If you can not be civil then do not post, this thread is soon to be closed otherwise
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Well, in this particular post in Fort Worth, Texas, if I'm not mistaken, they have a restraint law just like we do here in Wichita Falls. The dog was not restrained physically to it's property and the owner is wrong, the dog must be physically restrained to it's property and it doesn't matter if it's protecting it's owner or not, the owner is wrong and the LEO is well within his right to shoot the animal as a threat.

I'm kind of curious of what kind of shrapnel they were hit by? That one has me thinking, not that it couldn't happen, just sounds kind of strange.

JD - Amen!
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links