Officer Shoots Dog - Page 3

Officer Shoots Dog

This is a discussion on Officer Shoots Dog within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I dont think the shrapnel thing is odd at all. Maybe its a poor use for the term, but not odd. Chances are, if the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Officer Shoots Dog

Administrator
    I dont think the shrapnel thing is odd at all. Maybe its a poor use for the term, but not odd.
    Chances are, if the officer was shooting at a dog, he was shooting downward. If the bullet struck concrete, there certainly would have been debris flying. It is also very possible that the jacket fragmented off the bullet with a bit of velocity.

Now I didnt watch the video, but thats just my guess.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I apologize to moderator and to Big Arn for my comments. I have been thru scenarios where pit bulls have ravaged people and I still see unleashed animals in the street--I have no sympathies for the people and intend to protect myself first and foremost from the animals WHEN THEY ARE UNLEASHED AND OUT ON A PUBLIC STREET. If they are unleashed within confined private property that is the owner's responsibility and the confines better be adequate. If not and the animal is able to defeat the confines, all bets are off if he comes at me aggressively. This type of subject is upsetting to me and I apologize for my comments, which obviously upset the moderator.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I dont think the shrapnel thing is odd at all. Maybe its a poor use for the term, but not odd.
    Chances are, if the officer was shooting at a dog, he was shooting downward. If the bullet struck concrete, there certainly would have been debris flying. It is also very possible that the jacket fragmented off the bullet with a bit of velocity.

Now I didnt watch the video, but thats just my guess.
    Thanks Sixto, I see your point there, I guess my words could have been more towards I doubt very highly that they were hit by anything, especially if the owner thinks it's alright for his dog to come after an LEO, maybe he can get some money out of this by saying he was hit by fragments of this LEOs bullets hitting something or the bullets themselves. Especially if the LEO pulled his weapon, most people move away from it's intended path. Just my thoughts on it and the distance, the video didn't work for me, so I'm going off the stroy only.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Big Arn: My comments refer to being on a public street and facing an unleashed dog that I deem an imminent threat. Believe me--I have no interest in visiting you or your property when sarcastic responses are all you got. What a reach on your response.
    Make that clear next time. I'm not a mind reader.

But this thread has already outlived its usefulness...unofficially
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    What is it about any thread involving dogs that just makes people act like raving retards?

Everyone,

Take a pill.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ah yes...more bravado and irrational fear...gotta love it.
    Yeah, pit bulls are such wonderful dogs. There is a story like this just about every single day in the USA:

Latest news, Latest News Headlines, news articles, news video, news photos - UPI.com

Baby mauled by two pit bulls
    Published: April 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM

MURRIETTA, Calif., April 8 (UPI) -- A 6-month-old baby was mauled by two pit bulls as he sat strapped in a carrier in an apartment his mother was visiting in California.

The dogs bit the boy in the scrotum, removing his testicles, the Riverside (Calif.) Press-Enterprise reported. Murrieta, Calif., Police Sgt. Bob Landwehr said the dogs -- a 5-year-old pit bull and an 8-month old pit bull mix, both females -- first ripped off the infant's diaper.

The mother, Carrie McKinney, 22, of Point Loma was visiting the owner of the dogs, Doug Ritchey, Saturday, police said. She allegedly left her son in his carrier on the floor in a room with the dogs.

Ritchey agreed to allow the dogs to be euthanized. They were being held at a shelter run by Animal Friends of the Valleys, which contracts to provide animal control for Murrieta.

Willa Bagwell, director of Animal Friends, said the baby's injuries are the most serious she has heard of to an infant in more than 20 years with the group.

No charges have been brought against the mother or Ritchey yet, Landwehr said.

Senior Moderator
    Okay its closed, if you want to argue about dog breeds go to a different forum
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links