My gal pal had a situation on tuesday morning.

This is a discussion on My gal pal had a situation on tuesday morning. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got done talking to her about her ordeal, heres how it went down. Tuesday approx 2.am. She had awakened to the sound of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My gal pal had a situation on tuesday morning.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar

I just got done talking to her about her ordeal, heres how it went down.

Tuesday approx 2.am.

She had awakened to the sound of a tense argument between a male and female right outside her ground level apartment door in Uptown Minneapolis.
    After roughly five minutes of this, she heard a loud thud followed by hysterical screaming.
    She promptly got out of bed with her can of Mace and cell phone, and went outside to investigate.
    As she opened the door, she saw male figure standing over his supposed girlfriend who was on the ground, bleeding and screaming for him stop.
    She (my friend) and the assailant made eye contact and he turned to run away down the street, only he turned around after twenty yards and returned to the scene as my friend is trying to help the victim.
    The victim is bleeding profusely from a deep gash in her head and assumed to have a concussion at this point.
    Both her and her BF had been drinking as my friend could smell the alcohol.
    As the assailant is returning, he yells "I didn't hit her, mind your own [expletive] business!" and still approaching at a fast walking speed.

My friend, according to her account put herself between the two, raiseed her Mace and said: "Stay back or you're getting this whole can dumped in your face!"
    He stopped in his tracks and my friend called 911 and reported it, not letting the bf out of her sight.
    MPD showed up and promptly arrested the bf and take the female to the hospital where she received 12 stitches and treatment for a mild concussion.
    I congratulated her on being a sheepdog went it counted the most, and then berated her not having her Beretta that has been at her parents house for the past five years.
    This could've gotten real ugly for her and she knows it, but she did what she had to do and she came out on top.
    luv ya Jackie.

It stops me, but I've seen men and women not be too affected by mace. Careful.

On a lighter note. One time I was looking out my window in Uptown, Chicago, after hearing loud voices. There was a prostitute with her foot planted on the head of a crack addict who was prone on the ground, yelling something about give me my money back. I just let them be...

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    On a lighter note. One time I was looking out my window in Uptown, Chicago, after hearing loud voices. There was a prostitute with her foot planted on the head of a crack addict who was prone on the ground, yelling something about give me my money back. I just let them be...
    As you should.

Glad everything turned out for your gal pal! Mace doesn't work very well.... the Beretta is the way to go.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Some people don't react to mace with immediately debilitating results, but don't underestimate it's value either. Mace (and other commercially available sprays) is best when backed up by a solid plan to use more aggressive means of defense; but, like EVERY self-defense "system", it is not a one-size-fits-all remedy. Sounds like it worked out well for your pal.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Good ending to a potentially deadly situation.

Folks are right about the mace, OC spray or whatever. I saw an episode of COPS on TV and the good Police in New Orleans sprayed not one, but two cans on a guy and still he fought them from the rest room door of a local bar. They litterly drenched him with the stuff and it had little effect.

One of the LEO's in the physical altercation with said gentleman got some of the stuff rubbed on him from the perp and it just took him out.

I agree, the Baretta would be a better equalizer, but the mace was better than absolutely nothing.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Why did she not call 911 when she heard the argument to being with? She waited 5 minutes to long to take action. Call 911 first, report what you can hear and see. I'm not saying the police could have been on scene within 5 minutes to prevent it from happening but it should have been her first step.

As an FYI...

'Mace' is just a trademarked product brand name and not a type of product.

It has not been a type of product since the original old school mace chemical of the 60s and 70s.

Modern day Mace brand product is and has been since the late 80s nothing but OC aka 'pepper spray', with their most recent LEO grade line being an OC/CS mix similar to various other vendors of same.

Mace Protecting your family, your home, your business and you. Personal Defense and Security Systems.
    Mace (spray) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Chemical Mace: A Non-Lethal Weapon : The Journal of Trauma [Circa 1969]

A person that states "I'm gonna mace ya!" is either 40 yrs. behind the times ala 'Charlies Angles' and/or is ignorant about what they hold in hand.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Your 'gal pal' is a gutsy lady...things could have gone south for her in a hurry. I would not recommend her tactics for everyone. Probably her 'take control' approach helped the BF decide to back down.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dumb, not to be insulting but she was not smart. This could have easily turned into a lethal situation if the "BF" had been a real Type 3 Offender. Meaning an Offender who will not stop, does not care about the consequences and will only submit to superior force. She was not smart she was just blind lucky.

Um, maybe she should've called 911 first. It very easily could've turned very bad.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    It stops me, but I've seen men and women not be too affected by mace. Careful.

I guess you could have rolled a can of pepper spray out there so that one could grab it and see how interesting it got.

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    I congratulated her on being a sheepdog went it counted the most, then berated her not having her beretta thats been at her parents house for the past five years
    +1 She did good even if there's a few things in hindsight that could've been better.

The numbers I've been given (not sure how accurate they are) is that OC is only 85% effective to have the Beretta as an option increases her options and survivability chance substantially, just make sure she gets out to the range with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    As an FYI...

'Mace' is just a trademarked product brand name and not a type of product.

It has not been a type of product since the original old school mace chemical of the 60s and 70s.

Modern day Mace brand product is and has been since the late 80s nothing but OC aka 'pepper spray', with their most recent LEO grade line being an OC/CS mix similar to various other vendors of same.

Mace Protecting your family, your home, your business and you. Personal Defense and Security Systems.
    Mace (spray) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Chemical Mace: A Non-Lethal Weapon : The Journal of Trauma [Circa 1969]

A person that states "I'm gonna mace ya!" is either 40 yrs. behind the times ala 'Charlies Angles' and/or is ignorant about what they hold in hand.

- Janq
    Informative as always, but "I'm gonna pepper spray you" just doesn't roll off the tongue. I think "mace" has transcended it's origins the way Coke and Kleenex etc. have.

Off topic, is it just me or when the rest of you read Janq's posts does it sound in your head like the Allstate insurance guy?

Glad things worked out for OP's "gal pal"

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRabbi View Post
    Dumb, not to be insulting but she was not smart. This could have easily turned into a lethal situation if the "BF" had been a real Type 3 Offender. Meaning an Offender who will not stop, does not care about the consequences and will only submit to superior force. She was not smart she was just blind lucky.
    What if the girlfriend had been dead when she went outside? I agree with RebelRabbi on this one. She could have just as easily been dead on the ground next to the girlfriend, then no witness, no 911 call, etc. Bad ending in deed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links