Flash Mobs Turning Violent

This is a discussion on Flash Mobs Turning Violent within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; in 10-20 more years this country is gonna be a giant shithole like africa or mexico.....get used to it. if i saw a mob of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flash Mobs Turning Violent

in 10-20 more years this country is gonna be a giant shithole like africa or mexico.....get used to it. if i saw a mob of thugs heading my way doing **** like that i'd empty my mags into all of them while making my exit.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm no expert in flash mobs, but with an overwhelming group like that you have to create distance and/or get invisible.

I guess technically this group below is a flash mob, though not apparently violent, some look pretty scary.

YouTube - Hammer Pants Dance (HD)
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Fights broke out, youths ran down the streets, and groups blocked entrances and exits to businesses, police said. A 16-year-old girl suffered abrasions when she was run over by one group.

At Pennsylvania Avenue and Nichols Road, the Grandview couple, in their 20s, said a group of 15 young males accosted them and knocked a cup of coffee from the woman’s hand. The juveniles hit the woman, knocking her to the ground. They stole her purse and kicked and punched the man until the woman threw herself on top of his body to protect him. The man suffered minor cuts and swelling, police said.
    This is where you're escape plans are fouled up. Not a whole lot of distance can be covered when the entrances and exits are blocked and the crowd swarms you before you can get away...

This kind of scenario, for the guy anyway from my perspective, was under threat of lethal force and warrants any and all force necessary to extricate my significant other and/or myself. Kind of comes down to how many kneecaps and elbows of the ones up close can you break and hope that the mere 30 rounds I have at my disposal is enough to scatter the crowd long enough to make an escape...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    At some point you have to stand up to it.
    Mobs won't find it so funny when people respond like the stereotypical "Korean shop owners" during the violence that rocked Los Angeles following the Rodney King trials. Law enforcement authorities aren't going to be very generous, either, with 500 anarchists bearing down upon them. Let 'em learn (the anarchists) how absolute our refusal to be mowed down really is.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    This kind of scenario, for the guy anyway from my perspective, was under threat of lethal force and warrants any and all force necessary to extricate my significant other and/or myself.

That pretty much says it, right there. Thankfully, the statutes in my state support us in this. Hard to say whether the DA and LEO's would, but that's basically an irrelevant afterthought at a moment when such a situation (of anarchic destruction) is bearing down on your head.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Mobs won't find it so funny when people respond like the stereotypical "Korean shop owners" during the violence that rocked Los Angeles following the Rodney King trials.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    This is where you're escape plans are fouled up. Not a whole lot of distance can be covered when the entrances and exits are blocked and the crowd swarms you before you can get away...
    My fears exactly. The location is chosen, put out on the social media web sites/texted and shortly thereafter the mobs arrive. Unless a way is found to notify the public in a timely manner, this can happen just about anywhere to an unsuspecting public. I wouldn't put it past these thugs to find another location this weekend knowing full well that the majority of police resources will be at the Plaza location. Also, with Summer coming up, it may not just happen on a Friday or Saturday night.

Extra magazines, anyone?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If we every loose Rule of Law nation wide, I believe we will see riots and mob rule in many many places.

I have determined to secure my family and work to reestablish Rule of Law.

Hope nation never comes apart and Rule of Law remains under the over sight of the Bill of Rights and therefore worth defending with our blood and lives.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Although the legal aftermath would be a friggin' nightmare. Much better to run if you can.
    Actually, I shoot quite well at a dead run.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I was reading more comments on the KC Star and some posters were upset at what they deemed "hate speech", such as this one.....

Mangala Special wrote: "What is also indefensible and distasteful is the level of hate in this forum. It is so thick one can cut it with a butter knife."

To which this poster replied with what I think is the post of the day...

spigot wrote on 4/13/2010 3:36:39 PM:

Yeah, I know...but when someone comes and takes a big dump in my living room (my wife and I live right by the Plaza...we're there every weekend) that, my friend, tends to bring out the hate...in me at least.

And for the record, I'd feel the same way if these were a bunch of goofy Emo or Goth white kids . You take a dump in my living room, I am going to hurt you...talk disrespectfully to my wife or lay a hand on her, and I'll throw some teen aged butt through a plate glass window. Simple rules for life, and if you are stupid enough to violate those rules...well stupid really should hurt.

The hate has nothing to do with their race...it is driven by their animal like behavior and utter disregard for common rules of decency and deportment...basic civilized behavior.

That's all I ask for...no, actually that's all I DEMAND from anyone who comes to my living room...my neighborhood...my community.

Come to the Plaza...dress like a human being...act civilized, be young ladies and gentlemen, and all are welcome.

Be an a*%clown, and all bets are off.

spigot's nailed the issue right on the head. well put.

this isn't new - i live outside of atlanta. anyone remember the nightmares that were Freaknik that only ended about 12 or 13 years ago? let me tell you this: THAT sucked royally. you haven't experienced ***clown behavior until you're been around a Freaknik event.

the problem is also stated well when discussing the social networking site; with everyone so connected, it makes interdiction almost impossible. that's a recipe for disaster, and mobs are always bad news - take the lowest IQ and divide by the number of people present. i wonder what plans are in place around KC and similarly affected cities to curtail this crap.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined" ~Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Also, once the shooting starts, I will empty my weapon so that it can not be used against me when it comes down to hand to hand. Hopefully after you drop about 9 +1 the rest will scatter.
    Eh? So when you start shooting, you'll just keep blazing away no matter what until you click dry? That makes no sense, tactically or legally, at all.

Will you also shoot through your reloads, just to keep a useful gun from being taken from you? That's just crazy talk. I sure hope I'm not around when you open fire.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotWarrior View Post
    spigot's nailed the issue right on the head. well put.

this isn't new - i live outside of atlanta. anyone remember the nightmares that were Freaknik that only ended about 12 or 13 years ago? let me tell you this: THAT sucked royally. you haven't experienced ***clown behavior until you're been around a Freaknik event.

the problem is also stated well when discussing the social networking site; with everyone so connected, it makes interdiction almost impossible. that's a recipe for disaster, and mobs are always bad news - take the lowest IQ and divide by the number of people present. i wonder what plans are in place around KC and similarly affected cities to curtail this crap.
    I heard they were trying to bring back Freaknik this year which I hope is unsucessful.

You are right about your Freaknik observations, I saw some of it first hand......not by choice. It wound up ruining my junior prom back in '94. One of the Freaknik parties a couple of years later got out of control and turned into a massive riot at Greenbriar Mall. Tons of looting occured. Very bad situation.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Freaknik, Braves, Dogwood Festival, AND road construction on 75/85 this weekend. Worse, after ATL denied a permit for Freaknik, the sponsor announced that he would arrange a "car-cade" from S ATL. He plans on getting the "word" out by passing out 40k flyers. No word on the destination of that car-cade but it doesn't matter. With so many people and so little throughput on the roads, it's going to fray tempers, which will likely play right into the Freaknik mentality. I wouldn't be surprised if a series of melees jump off.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    This is a societal problem, and it's been brewing for a while. Violence is admired, truth and loyalty are meaningless.

It's been coming for the last 20 years and everyone is turning a blind eye, or running away.

At some point you have to stand up to it.
    Amazing, isn't it, when there is no discipline at home,,,,

Now wait until there is a fatality and these "parents" will be screaming about how they were such "good" children.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links