Motorcycle Scenarios.

This is a discussion on Motorcycle Scenarios. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of the other threads got my attention and I had made a thread on a motorcycle forum about experiences riding and this caught my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Scenarios.

Motorcycle Scenarios.

One of the other threads got my attention and I had made a thread on a motorcycle forum about experiences riding and this caught my attention but also ticked me off. I was wondering what your reaction would be. Who would be in the wronge?

First One:
    Your driving you pickup/car and a motorcyclist cuts you off and gets between you and the car next to you. He reaches into his jacket (sportsbike biker) as if reaching for something that would be on the inside of his jacket.
    You get to a stop light and he gets between you and the car next to you (lane splitting type)

What do you do? (You have your normal EDC Gear)

Secound one:
    Your driving your motorcycle and you start comeing to a stop light, you see two guys on sportsbikes next to a guy on a cruiser/chopper pointing a gun at them yelling at them to cut their **** out.
    The gentlement on the cruiser is pointing the pistol at the two guys on the rocket bikes.

What do you do? (You have what you would normally carry riding, if you ride)

Up to post 6 I forgot to add specifics to the bottom of both scenarios.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

2. Remove Ads

# 1 It could be a lot of things other than weapon stand down on #1.

#2 Be a good witness dial 9-1-1.

I have something to add but I am going to wait a few days befor I add it mainly because I was told about the first two scenarios and they happened in Austin/Houston from my understanding.

Well I know one thing, I'm never riding down in Texas, seems like there might be some major tension between cruisers and the sport scene. Yikes...

And +1 with hot wing.
    #1 could be anything, while its not natural to reach into your jacket while riding. more and more people ride with ipods. I do and its on the inside of my jacket and from time to time i might be trying to hit the play button if its been paused by accident or FF to another song.

# 1.... nothing. I reach inside my jacket for things at times, that in itself doesn't mean a thing.

#2. Be a good witness and stay out of the line of fire. Sounds like someone will be visiting the jail. I hope I'm not on my bike behind them.

Well all I'm going to say in scenario #1 is that if he pulls a gun while he's on a motorcycle and riding between two cars... that would be a pretty stupid thing to do on his part, now wouldn't it? It only takes a split second to squish him like a bug at highway speed!

But, of course it could be anything he's reaching for so if he comes out with anything other than a gun, I guess he'll live a little longer as I can always maneuver or brake to give me more distance and get a way from him.

It's not smart to play chicken with an SUV while you're on a motorcycle.

In scenario #2 the best thing to do is get the hell out of the way as quickly as possible, call 911 and report their identifiers/description as accurately as possible. I wouldn't be opposed to coming to a complete stop in the middle of the highway (if safe to do so) to let them ride on by me and gain distance between us!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Both parked situations at lights. (Sorry didnt specify correctly will fix it)

First situation: Use my tinted windows to my advantage and adjust my position for easier access to my firearm if I *really* think he looks suspicious. I'm not drawing just because the guy is a jerk and might be reaching for a cell phone.

Second situation: Bear in mind that I do not ride. Pull the bike to a safe distance still within eyesight and get on the phone with 911 ASAP. Assess the situation regularly and adjust actions accordingly.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

1. Be ready for anything...Hand On EDC etc.

2. Get the hell out of the way and call 911
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    1. Be ready for anything...Hand On EDC etc.

2. Get the hell out of the way and call 911
    I can only add that cemeteries are full of dead heroes.

Well, I'd say for number one: keep an eye out, but people keep all kinds of stuff in their jackets. Probably not a peice.

Number two: Get the h**l out of the way and call 9-1-1.

I wouldn't do anything in either scenario, as both are pretty unrealistic. I do ride, a lot, and straddling a bike and geting into a "gun fight" isn't very realistic, not withstanding all the Hollywood BS in the B (as in really bad) biker flicks. JMHO
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    I wouldn't do anything in either scenario, as both are pretty unrealistic. I do ride, a lot, and straddling a bike and geting into a "gun fight" isn't very realistic, not withstanding all the Hollywood BS in the B (as in really bad) biker flicks. JMHO
    LOL, Thats the same thing I thought when I was told these.

(heard this from a few kats in Houston)
    1st one, When they would get cut off or they would pass a car/truck and the person in the car would get aggitated they would reach like they were going for a pistol. One of the guys admited he lost a few friends doing this.

Secound one, Two guys locally were doing stunts on the street and there was an "old timer" on a Harley cruising, they zipped past him on a wheelie and thought it was funny until they met at the stop light and he drew a gun on them. What Ticked me off was the fact the guy on the sportsbike (who told me this) said that if he had one of his friends who carry it would of been a different scenario. My comment to him was

1. That was dumb
    and
    2. He already has the drop on you.

#1 say your walking on the sidewalk and a guy is walking toward you and he reaches in his jacket are you justified to draw?
    #2 911 I ain't got a dog in that fight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Fixed:

Found the Thread

Going to add the quotes.

eh...if it looks like theres more than 1 guy ill lane split and it ticks them off i get to cut so far ahead of them so easy, if theres 1 guy i get off my bike and go up to there window acting like im getting a gun out, you should see some reactions, lmao.
    me: If they are actually packing while your pulling for your "imaginary" gun your bent dont you think?

Another person
    I had a buddy in high school get killed doing that exact thing. Acting like he was reaching behind him, talking big and the other guy's friend already had his out. Had another buddy that used to point a beebee gun at people that cut him off. He pulled it on the wrong dude and got killed too. This was in Houston though, but it still happens down here.
    This was the secound scenario. (which is why I asked if you rolled up on this)
    Wait, there was a guy that pulled a guy on me a couple of months ago because I went up on a wheelie and this stupid **** was riding a motorcycle also. Granted it wasn't a sports bike but a bike none the less and I did the wheelie in front of traffic with no one in front of me or close enough behind me to distract anyone. Guns don't kill people, stupid "People" with guns kill people...he got lucky he pulled it out on someone who doesn't have a gun, had it been someone with a piece, they probably would have shot his (rear). God knows my friend would have shot him if he had had his piece with him that night. Oh well, I'll keep stunting until I can't and do it for myself and those that give the thumbs up...**** I pay taxes its my road also lol lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links