Disparity of Force Scenario (Concerning Leukemia) - Page 2

Disparity of Force Scenario (Concerning Leukemia)

This is a discussion on Disparity of Force Scenario (Concerning Leukemia) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 64z, In the OPs case as I'd stated before his specific condition as related to his specific sport/hobby is not directly relevant to his stated ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disparity of Force Scenario (Concerning Leukemia)

64z,

In the OPs case as I'd stated before his specific condition as related to his specific sport/hobby is not directly relevant to his stated thoughts about being on the street (not participating in his sport/hobby).

Anyone and everyone has reason to be concerned about being punched or impacted, as by a threat. Threat being not some person slapping you on the back as they wish you 'Happy Birthday' or as n a game of 'Punch Buggy'.

The OPs medical condition does not make him more susceptible and by that allowed to use lethal force in some manner under greater condition (lesser actual threat) than any other person.
    There is no disparity of force with the OP which is what my response to you earlier was in regard to. No normal person is required nor expected to take a punch...While the punches and hits the OPs doctor has concern about are far and above, per the MMA sport/hobby, that of being justifiable as in condition by a street encounter.

Using your example a 70 yr. old man being hit/attacked by another 70 yr. old man is just as potentially deadly a threat, and same goes for a 25 yr. old old as against his twin. Nothing changes there.

With the OPs situation the key is context as in relation to his condition and the specific reason behind his doctors suggestion.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    64z,

In the OPs case as I'd stated before his specific condition as related to his specific sport/hobby is not directly relevant to his stated thoughts about being on the street (not participating in his sport/hobby).

Anyone and everyone has reason to be concerned about being punched or impacted, as by a threat. Threat being not some person slapping you on the back as they wish you 'Happy Birthday' or as n a game of 'Punch Buggy'.

The OPs medical condition does not make him more susceptible and by that allowed to use lethal force in some manner under greater condition (lesser actual threat) than any other person.
    There is no disparity of force with the OP which is what my response to you earlier was in regard to. No normal person is required nor expected to take a punch...While the punches and hits the OPs doctor has concern about are far and above, per the MMA sport/hobby, that of being justifiable as in condition by a street encounter.

Using your example a 70 yr. old man being hit/attacked by another 70 yr. old man is just as potentially deadly a threat, and same goes for a 25 yr. old old as against his twin. Nothing changes there.

With the OPs situation the key is context as in relation to his condition and the specific reason behind his doctors suggestion.

- Janq
    Janq, I respectfully disagree, his condition does make him more susceptible which is the foundation for disparity of force in the situation. If he is attacked and has to use punches/kicks to defend himself at contact range with a BG he is more susceptible to serious bodily injury from the BG compared to shooting the guy 15 ft away or shooting him up close when it comes to that. This is why I'm saying he is justified...he shot because he can't do battle in the walmart parking lot because of his condition.

I don't see how you can say a 70yo man is not more susceptible and less able to defend himself against a 25 yo man attacking him, vs a 25 yo man being able to defend himself against a 25 yo man.
    Your addition of a 70yo vs 70yo is irrelevant when discussing disparity...there is no disparity there and I never said there was.

Maybe where you are they use a different definition of disparity of force?
    Here these are all cut and dry, easily falling under disparity of force.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links