Defensive Carry banner

Shoot or Don’t shoot

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  hipthunder 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a first for me, Please excuse the grammar I’m the worst two finger typist I know.
Here is the scenario.

I’m out of town on business.
One evening after dinner, I’m heading back to my hotel (I’m on foot) after few wrong turns I find myself a little lost and in a neighborhood I would not normally visit. This particular area of town has a very shanty look; many of the houses need repairs. There is even scrap metal used as fencing. And an occasion random stray dog walks by. Unfortunately the absence of street lights makes its difficult to navigate and find my way out of there.

I pick up speed to get the hell out of dodge but as I turn a corner I spot three greasy perps aggressively making their way toward me, I quickly scan them and none of them appear to be armed. However they are clearly bigger and stronger than me. Trying to put distance between them and I mistaking turn into an alley way/ backyard. Suddenly I’m partial trapped I don’t have an open view of an escape route. They are closing in on me blocking my exit.

I present my firearm and tell them to back off suddenly the main perp grabs my hand or firearm in such a way it is preventing me from just pulling the trigger, His grip is strong and menacing and at the same time he is lower the firearm to waist level, (It was pointed at his upper torso) He tell me that I am making a bad choice the other two preps are seeming getting more aggressive and closer.

Shoot or don’t shoot?
p.s.

This by the way is a very odd dream last night. And in my dream I accessed the situation and struggle to pull the trigger (only because the grip of the perp) once I am able I shoot and kill him dead.

See less See more
#2 ·
your first mistake was just issuing a warning...you are definately in fear for your life and you gave up retention of your firearm...

if you dont shoot now youre pretty much screwed anyway...youve already made the wrong decision...pull the trigger as many times as you can cause you gotta get him off the gun and hope it doesnt jam...youve got 2 other guys who are either gonna run when they see the blood spatter or rush you and youre gonna need full control of your firearm by then...

you let em get way too close...

#4 · (Edited)
PHP:
Since you said he grabbed the barrel, I'll assume that you have a revolver. That can still be fired if only the barrel was held. (A pistol has the barrel typically covered by the slide. Moving the slide back even a small amount will prevent a pistol from firing.) So in that case, you have a choice: either pull the trigger and put one into the bad guy's torso, or let him take the gun away from you so he can insert it where the sun doesn't shine, right before he kills you.

First, you're outnumbered and in legitimate fear for your life. No warnings, just shoot.
Second, you let them approach too far into your safety zone. That severely compromised your ability to defend yourself.
Third, the process of getting lost does not require that you continue moving farther into strange territory. Unless you're really adventurous.
Fourth, get yourself a cell phone that has a GPS chip in it, then use it.
Fifth, no more anchovies with your pizza if you have dreams like that.

#5 ·
Lets flip it around -
my buddies and I are walking down our street, and we see a stranger who we don't know acting nervous and turns down the alley into my backyard. If I attempt to confront the stranger (with words or actions) and he pulls a gun on me and points it at my chest, I'd attempt to disarm him and lay him out.
IMO the time to act was before they got close, 7-10 yards.

#6 ·
You need to make it real clear that you are prepared to shoot them prior to them getting within reach of your weapon. If they continue to advance after seeing the gun, shoot. With three possible assailants, you need to shoot quickly as you have more than one to deal with. If after you shoot the first individual the others run away, stop firing and call the police. If the other two come back, game on again.:comeandgetsome:

#7 ·
The OP's first mistake was eating before going to bed. Sure does make for some funky dreams!!!

#8 ·
Never put your gun within reach of the bad guy if at all possible. They always do this in movies the same as they carry unchambered and ride around in a car with their finger on the trigger. In this case you saw them coming, so it should be on target before they can reach you. If they surprise you by stepping out in front of you etc, keep it tucked in next to your body and fire from there. If they are close enough to grab your gun you don't need to bring it up and out and use the sights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ykmchwOgqE

If you do get in that situation and the muzzle isn't pointed at any part of your body or a bystander, pull the trigger and hope the recoil/muzzle blast gets him to let go.

#9 ·
Shoot em all..throw some empty 40 bottles and some crack around (no prints please), leave and never mention a word to anyone..sounds like another night in the getto...

#10 ·
main perp grabs my hand or firearm in such a way it is preventing me from just pulling the trigger,

Guess it's a no-shoot! But pulling your weapon and warning them can be interpreted as assualt with a deadly weapon.

#15 ·
If one them is armed and you can see this, pull and start flingin. You have a huge disperity in force and the gun only adds to it. Plus, I'd question SA to end up in a neighborhood like that on foot.
Nice piece of fiction though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.