First time loaded

This is a discussion on First time loaded within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heard what sounded like a gunshot today, and tonight for the first time I put a loaded magazine in my AR and left it under ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time loaded

Thumbs up First time loaded

Heard what sounded like a gunshot today, and tonight for the first time I put a loaded magazine in my AR and left it under the bed. Gotta say there's a comfort to it. Wondering what experience made anyone here start keeping a home defense weapon?
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

2. Remove Ads

Well mine was after my blacksheep sister had some problems at 18 i was 11 and dad showed me the 357 magnum loaded and under the bed..

He know i could handle it so just incase something happened ever since then i have slept with a loaded shotgun or handgun when i was old enough to own them next to the bed

Reading the Ayoob files if it counts as an experience.

6pm News
    *** IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL - 1911 ***

Dan Wesson / CZ: Pointman 7, Stainless .45 ACP
    LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Charles Daly: Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-Auto 12g

Having someone try breaking into our old home the day after we moved out.

First time around was when I was in High School and lived with my mother and grandmother. I was already into shooting and had plently of guns but never kept any loaded. That changed the day I found out the son of my neighbor was a drug dealer and was dealing and using in the house next door. The 9mm Taurus was always at the ready with the 12 gauge or Mini-14 added if "Hippy Skippy" (my nickname for him) was having a party.

I stopped shooting for a few years and sold my guns. But after constant news reports of people getting carjacked or home invasions I decided to rearm. Plus I just plain missed shooting. My XD-40 is either on me or within reach whenever I am home now and will always be with me once I get my CCW. I also plan on adding an AR and a 12 gauge to the mix in the near future.

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    We had these 2 crazy girls renting the house next to us. They wound up getting stalked by this huge guy I had met over there at one time. I would see the guy on the street in his car, and he left some nutty notes in peoples' mailboxes, accusing the girls (college students who dressed like hookers) of being crack addicts.
    I had a wife and two small children. When the guy broke down their back door one day I figured it was only a matter of time before the girls showed up yelling at my front door, with "Ed" following close behind.
    The 12 gauge stayed loaded after that.
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

One day I crawled out from under my rock...yeah, too many reasons to list.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    I was raised on firearms. I never knew that other people actually never had loaded firearms in the house until I was in my early teens.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

VIP Member
    Nothing in particular. I've always enjoyed shooting and never liked feeling defenseless, so I guess 1+1=CCW.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

No specific experience - just awareness of the "outside world" getting crazier and more unpredictable. More drugs, more booze, more crime....being out in the woods...just made sense.

Raised with guns since childhood, so it was just a 'natural' progression to own my own unloaded ( ) hangun as I grew older. It wasn't until acquiring my ccw that I gained the education and training to feel comfortable keeping it 'cocked & locked'.

This is unfortunately a sick, depraved world that we live in.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I grew up with firearms in the house. All loaded. A 12 gauge shotgun by the backdoor all the time. "If it isn't loaded, it might as well be a baseball bat", is what my Dad used to say. And you know what, they were never an issue. I was taught about guns and their safety. both the gun handling safety, and the safety they provide in a home. I was taught to respect a firearm from a young age. They are not toys, they are not things you fool with, they have a purpose.
    The only time I did not have a loaded gun in the "house" with me, is when I lived in the dorms at college. probably the place you need one the most! but my girlfriend/fiancee (now wife), kept one at her apartment off campus. I was there alot!
    Carrying daily was a natural progression of having that "comfort" others have mentioned of having one in the house.
    It is both a tremendous responsibility but is very comforting to have a loaded firearm handy at all times.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Im another one that has had guns in the house since I was old enough to remember. My dad always had the 12ga double barrel in the bedroom and .357 in the sock drawer. I guess its only natural that I have learned to keep one around, mines an 8-shot mossberg 500 persuader 12ga loaded with 000 buck (yes 000 not 00).

VIP Member
    I guess I started a home defense plan after realizing early on that the fuzz can't protect me and mine 24/7.....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links