"he emptied the bullets to the gun"

This is a discussion on "he emptied the bullets to the gun" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We talk a lot about scenarios, and clearly it's not universal about when it's time to fight back or whether it's better to comply when ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We talk a lot about scenarios, and clearly it's not universal about when it's time to fight back or whether it's better to comply when the BG gets the drop on you. But here's a case where it's obvious:

"He emptied the bullets to the gun, showed me the bullets, closed it back up, cocked the gun and said, ‘give me the earrings,'" the student said. "From that point on, I gave him everything he wanted."

This is a quote from a news report from a robbery a couple nights ago here in Atlanta.

Keep in mind there were two robbers, and four victims. One of the robbers was 17, and the other was so young they're not releasing his name and picture. The four victims were college students.

It's four against two, and he just unloaded his gun. I think it might be time to fight back.

The story does have a good ending at any rate. Two victims were put in the trunk of their own car and driven to an ATM where the robbers attempted to clean out their bank accounts. The victims in the trunk did have the presence of mind to call 911, use the emergency release in the trunk to open it slightly, and pass their location information along to police.

The robbers were caught at the bank trying to use the ATM and the victims are fine.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I suppose this is just another example of how feeble most people are. When someone exercises authority over them they listen with unquestioning obedience, whether that person is good or evil.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Good for them for using their heads! I'm glad it turned out not so well for the muggers... I'm sure they'll be back on the streets in no time at all!
    It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    H&K USP .45 compact
    Glock 27
    Ruger LCP (she's so cute!)

Well, that would have tipped the boat in favor of an attack for me!

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    "He emptied the bullets to the gun, showed me the bullets, closed it back up, cocked the gun and said, ‘give me the earrings,'" the student said.
    That should have been the clue to let the overwhelming violence against the attacker begin...

If a man has just shown me he has emptied his gun, and its four against two thats when I go to wailing on him. Fighting back in that case is the only option especially when there is a numbers advantage. Maybe the report was written wrong. If not just another sign of how unpredictable the criminal mind is.

uhh....bad guys are getting nicer? what the hell? lol

i wonder why the driver didnt notice the truck indicator coming on...maybe too busy being stupid to notice...

"White on rice", that's what I would have been on him like!
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Link to a News report - - - -

Four College Students Carjacked

According to the story, there was more than one assailant with a gun.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I think the victim was just not too knowledgeable. It sounds to me like he dropped the magazine, which would have still left one in the chamber, and quick reinsert. And maybe the other guy had a gun too.

But definitly that would have opened the door for some action.
    Walk softly ...

I would assume that the bad guy showed the bullets, then reloaded the gun, whether it was a revolver or semi-auto. I'm sure the victum believed the gun was still deadly for what ever reason. Besides the report says there were two robbers.

Edited after reading link to story, it sounds like he flipped open a revolver, showed the end of the casings and then flipped it back closed. To make matters worse, he then cocked the hammer, making the gun single action with a lighter trigger pull. Very dangerous.

As far as Atlanta 911, I call BS. I think they were overloaded, and do not want to admit their response time to answer was slow. They claim the caller hung up twice before the call was answered, but they did not say how many times the phone rang, unanswered, Was it two, or twenty?

Yea it appears it was loaded and the assailants were still armed. They did the right thing.

The law should treat the under 21 years old thugs that use guns to a stiffer sentence instead of a slap on the hand they get. I believe that the younger thugs are more likely to shoot the victim.

Ok. So. After he emptied his gun and showed you it was empty, would you be justified in shooting him? Surely yes if he tried to put you into the trunk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links