Late One Night - Page 2

Late One Night

This is a discussion on Late One Night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As a musician,(well....a drummer and sometimes bass guitar player, singer, song writer), and having played in places, having tons of expensive musical equipment similar to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late One Night

As a musician,(well....a drummer and sometimes bass guitar player, singer, song writer), and having played in places, having tons of expensive musical equipment similar to yours, I understand just what you went through. I may have reacted exactly the way you did under those circumstances.

Although I have yet to experience what you did, I hope that I never ever do. What you did was for the moment and nobody could or should judge on what you did. As it turns out, you came out unscathed save for some really jangled nerves.

You could write a blues song about the experience. Sounds like the perfect stuff for one.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Well, it's quite obvious that once you explained that there was someone around wanting to carjack someone, the didn't want to lose their truck.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Good cool head and nicely accomplished.

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    I agree that you did good. I think reporting it would have been a good idea, but I understand your reluctance. I am curious, was backing up an option? That would have put some distance between you and them. If they followed, it would have put distance between them and their car. But once your friend pulled up behind you, that option was off the table. Glad things worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by db4usa View Post
    Yeah a couple of months ago on MO. Carry.com. Good memory.

db
    Ah ha! I knew I heard it somewhere. I left those boards. I enjoy these much better even though it isn't Missouri-specific. :)

I kinda agree with Stirling.......crawfishing outta the intersection, even just backing up for a little more distance, might have been a good idea prior to your friend arriving. Her showing up raised the stakes.

I say Bravo Zulu! You done good.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I kinda agree with Stirling.......crawfishing outta the intersection, even just backing up for a little more distance, might have been a good idea prior to your friend arriving. Her showing up raised the stakes.

I say Bravo Zulu! You done good.
    Yeah I did consider backing up a bit but my stubborn streak reasoned that I should not be impeded from my normal route. And being loaded with expensive sound equipment, I discounted any fancy manuevers. I had the evasive drivers training back when I was a paramedic. I just didn't want to risk flinging equipment on the roadway or enticing these feral animals into chasing me home. The nearest police station is 15 miles away. If my truck was empty, it would have been a entirely different story as I could have blown the doors off their vintage truck. The total time for this entire exchange/incident was less than 5 minutes. This includes when I initially passed them...not much time to make too many decisions. So it pays to be prepared always.

I've since upgraged my truck gun to a high capacity .45 and keep a 9mm bug on me when I carry my Kimber PCII 45. I will not go down without a fight.

db
    Kimber PCII .45
    Springfield XD9mm SC
    Kel-Tech P-11 9mm
    AR-15

Well Done!

db4USA:

You did well with the constraints of the situation.

Glad you are improving your response plan with lessons learned from this encounter.

Capt. Art

Let's see: Coming home from a bar, dark road, pickup truck, bad men, pretty girl, dangerous situation, upstanding good guy, happy ending, and it all happened "Late one night". Work in something about a bluetick hound howling in the distance and you've got a hit!
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredonce View Post
    Let's see: Coming home from a bar, dark road, pickup truck, bad men, pretty girl, dangerous situation, upstanding good guy, happy ending, and it all happened "Late one night". Work in something about a bluetick hound howling in the distance and you've got a hit!
    Kimber PCII .45
    Springfield XD9mm SC
    Kel-Tech P-11 9mm
    AR-15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links