What would you do? - Page 2

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ckfarris I am a LEO and all I can say is good luck trying to find other LEO's who will enforce that ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    I am a LEO and all I can say is good luck trying to find other LEO's who will enforce that ridiculous hypothetical law
    They found plenty in New Orleans to go door to door and collect perfectly legal arms.

umm, guns, what guns???

Quote Originally Posted by rcain007 View Post
    umm, guns, what guns???
    Oh those guns? Sold 'em.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

AzB
    Tragic boating accident.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

My response might be something like this :

"Officer, I am a firearm hating, Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence Liberal. There is nothing to see here." "Now the neighbor across the street that I don't like..............uhhhhh"
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    I am a LEO and all I can say is good luck trying to find other LEO's who will enforce that ridiculous hypothetical law

Quote Originally Posted by jg45 View Post
    They found plenty in New Orleans to go door to door and collect perfectly legal arms.
    jg45 definitely has a point there, ckfarris!

I saw it, and followed the lawsuits which followed in the aftermath. And once ordered to return the weapons, most people did not get them back because poor records were maintained during the confiscation and those who did get guns returned, most of the guns were ruined from improper storage.

So the old, "good luck finding LEO's who would do that" argument just flat out doesn't wash anymore.

In regards to any confiscatory laws on guns, I seriously doubt I'm going to be the very first stop on the list. Therefore, I should have plenty of opportunity to sell off my firearms before they arrive at my house. At least I'll get cash for them instead of just giving the government lots of free toys for them to steal.

And I'll tell them that when they come.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I suppose if this scenario was all legal and I had no recourse, I would reliquish (in return for documented receipts) all of the guns the government in their official records knows that I have. The guns that I own legally from individual legal transactions would remain in my possesion. Knowledge is power and what the government doesn't know is none of their business. Always keep a small cache of privately traded firearms in reserve.
    db
    Kimber PCII .45
    Springfield XD9mm SC
    Kel-Tech P-11 9mm
    AR-15

What Ckfarris said yesterday. I am a LEO and most LEO's I know tend to lean to the right. The left would like to get their agenda's passed but they do not have believer's in their cause who are bold enough to enforce them if they did.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

The NRA and GOA both went to the defense of the law abiding citizens of New Orleans and the mayor of that city admitted that the confiscation of the guns from those citizens was illegal. Courts found for the gun owners. Many guns were lost or damaged and that was tragic but lessons were learned.

SUPPORT THE NRA !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Ask for a warrant....and I don't think any cop worth his salt would even be involved in such a thing.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

NRA Life Member

Just out of curiosity, in spite of all the fear mongering, does anyone know of a place where gun laws have become more restrictive since Obama has been the President, and if so, can you attribute that restriction to federal influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The NRA and GOA both went to the defense of the law abiding citizens of New Orleans and the mayor of that city admitted that the confiscation of the guns from those citizens was illegal. Courts found for the gun owners. Many guns were lost or damaged and that was tragic but lessons were learned.

SUPPORT THE NRA !
    Just out of curiosity, who was the President when all these guns were being confiscated?

And please before you try to beat the crap out of me, I'm a Democrat with a gun.

I don't live in a redwood tree in California eating pine nuts, although there is nothing wrong with that, if that's what you so choose.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

Peace. And we return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Let's talk about guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, in spite of all the fear mongering, does anyone know of a place where gun laws have become more restrictive since Obama has been the President, and if so, can you attribute that restriction to federal influence?
    No one mentioned Obama, 'til you did.

Just out of curiosity, who was the President when all these guns were being confiscated?
    No one said anything about any President, 'til you did.
    And please before you try to beat the crap out of me, I'm a Democrat with a gun.

I don't live in a redwood tree in California eating pine nuts, although there is nothing wrong with that, if that's what you so choose.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

Peace. And we return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Let's talk about guns.
    No one said anything about politics, 'til you did.

We are talking about guns. Specifically, about what we'd do if LEOs showed up at our doors to confiscate them.

if gene is so against thread being off topic. why is he the one who drailed it, twice, and then put it back, like he is correcting US for derailing HIS thread. maybe looking for the political bashing he speaks of?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links