What would you do? - Page 4

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LongRider Native American Reservations Japanese Internment Camps / Concentration Camps People Republic Of Kalifornia Washington DC Detroit Chicago New Jersey I'm sure ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Native American Reservations
    Japanese Internment Camps / Concentration Camps
    People Republic Of Kalifornia
    Washington DC
    Detroit
    Chicago
    New Jersey
    I'm sure I have missed a few
    Jim Crow laws.

Lot's came about as a way to prevent minorities from owning guns.

This wouldn't happen in a vacuum.

If the police do show up on your doors and tell you about a law to confiscate your guns and you didn't know about it before hand then you should give your guns to them because you probably aren't safe in the first place.

No law would pass without bullets flying and guns being "lost at sea" before such a law actually became law.

I do believe this can happen, because it has. There has been plenty of legislation going around, some of which has passed, that allows for gun confiscation in an emergency (such as Katrina) as well.
    My response would somewhat depend on the situation.
    If all they did was come to my door and ask, I would tell them I didn't have any.
    If they came with some kind of warrant to search the house or knew that i was a gun owner, I would grumble and hand them a gun (might just by a hi point for this reason, good thinkin). If they actually came and searched my house well... hopefully my husband or i (whoever wasnt answering the door) would be hiding a few guns. If I saw this coming at all, I would have a few guns buried in the back yard.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    I do believe this can happen, because it has. There has been plenty of legislation going around, some of which has passed, that allows for gun confiscation in an emergency (such as Katrina) as well.
    Not to disagree, rather so I can stay informed. I had thought because of what happened in Katrina Bush signed a law a prohibiting gun confiscation during a disaster from any state receiving any federal aid. Are states putting laws into place to circumvent that?

If they came with some kind of warrant to search the house or knew that i was a gun owner, I would grumble and hand them a gun (might just by a hi point for this reason, good thinkin).
    You may want to consider buying your favorite guns face to face. Any gun purchased from a licensed dealer has a paper trail right to your front door. I have heard of some folks who have sold their EDC to someone who sold it to someone else than ended up buying it back. Other Folks I know of often buy guns to trade with friends. Those hand written sales receipts often get lost and who remembers who bought every nick knack, do dad gun or tool they ever sold. Of course be careful to never sell a gun to an disqualified person.

If they came with some kind of warrant to search the house or knew that i was a gun owner, I would grumble and hand them a gun (might just by a hi point for this reason, good thinkin). If they actually came and searched my house well... hopefully my husband or i (whoever wasnt answering the door) would be hiding a few guns.
    Keep in mind that if they find any hidden guns that they will tear your house down looking for guns. I have seen homes after DEA raids. Sheet rock ripped apart, couches mattresses cut open floor boards torn up. A last minute stashing of the guns will not stand up to that kind of search and will almost assure they will tear your home down to the ground looking for other guns.

If I saw this coming at all, I would have a few guns buried in the back yard.
    We do see it coming that is why threads like this keep popping up. As much as we want to deny it on some level we know it can happen. Burying guns is no simple matter. The guns you bury will be ones you want when the SHTF i.e. your best guns. But burying them makes than inaccessible for the more likely home invasion. So it becomes a juggling game or very expensive proposition as in buying duplicates. Expensive but maybe worth while especially if your EDC has a paper trail back to you. One option is to buy stripped down base models to store with a bit of warning and luck you can remove your accessories, sights, lasers, red dots, forward grips, collapsing stocks, rails prior to handing over the guns you have on paper. When burying consider off site locations in case they use metal detectors on your property. Of course be careful to store properly the slightest bit of moisture will destroy your gun in time. Consider storing replacement parts. If guns get confiscated parts are likely to become equally inaccessible.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Personally I like to see threads like this pop up. It makes me feel good knowing my wife and I are not the only ones who think this could happen.

My answers would be.....just doing my part officer.....

1) Sold them in anticipation of higher Health Care Costs this year!
    2) Sold them and donated it to GM so they could get back on their feet.
    3) Sold them to my LEO friend down on the AZ boarder. Seems they have a problem down there.

In reality. Everyone should have a plan and we have ours!

CKFARRIS, it is comforting to read your position on the hypothetical situation.

And to those who truly think such can not happen here in the U.S.A., (on a larger and more permanent scale than 'Katrina'), it seems that an honest assessment of history would teach one to 'never say never'.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by mirage2521 View Post
    I seriously failed to see the point of these ridiculous what if scenarios. I mean what is the point of saying what would you do in an impossible situation? How could this possibly happen? How could it come about without you having some clue that it was going to happen? How could the laws of the country or state simply change without you having any clue?
    Perhaps I am missing it, however, where does the op specifically mention law changes without a 'clue'? It would seem as though you have written your own conditions into the scenario, and then ridiculed it.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    I am a LEO and all I can say is good luck trying to find other LEO's who will enforce that ridiculous hypothetical law
    why not, they enforce all kinds of other ridiculous laws, some of which are made up on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Tragic boating accident.
    here in the land of 10,000 lakes that should be pretty beliveable
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links