What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, this is just a hypothetical question but also one that could take place in the future. Lets say your sitting at home watching a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Ok, this is just a hypothetical question but also one that could take place in the future. Lets say your sitting at home watching a movie and a knock comes to the door. You look out the window, peephole, etc. and see LEO's standing outside. As you open the door they say Mr. xxxxx we understand you are a gun owner and CCW licensee. As part of the new laws we are going to have to ask you to relinquish your firearms. How would you respond to such a request? Just something that came to mind the other day and i was debating whether or not to post. Give me your thoughts.
    Veritas Aequitas

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    They'll get both my Hi-Points.

Everything has it's purpose...

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I would tell them to come back with a warrant. In the mean time I'd be calling my attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

That's the first good reason I have ever heard to by a Hi-Point.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

You mean you would keep other guns and give them the hi points or you only have hi points.
    Veritas Aequitas

Quote Originally Posted by jeaubry View Post
    You mean you would keep other guns and give them the hi points or you only have hi points.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    That's the first good reason I have ever heard to by a Hi-Point.

To the OP, like someone said they would need to show me a warrant, mean while, I'm finding really hard to get to hiding places for the sidearms. Scary thought.

Given my involvement with 2A politics, I'd have known about any laws they might be talking about. If there really was a law that required confiscation of my guns - which there most likely never will be - I'd have already hidden them and would tell them I'd sold them before they became illegal knowing I couldn't have them any longer. If they persisted I'd ask to see a warrant and shut the door when they didn't produce one.

If there was no law I'd inform them that all my weapons were perfectly legal, ask for a warrant and when they couldn't produce one, shut the door.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Given my involvement with 2A politics, I'd have known about any laws they might be talking about. If there really was a law that required confiscation of my guns - which there most likely never will be - I'd have already hidden them and would tell them I'd sold them before they became illegal knowing I couldn't have them any longer. If they persisted I'd ask to see a warrant and shut the door when they didn't produce one.

If there was no law I'd inform them that all my weapons were perfectly legal, ask for a warrant and when they couldn't produce one, shut the door.

+1 ...... Well said! For just such a scenario...Read the book Unintended Consequences by John Ross...What a great read!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

That's it right there.

Lesson learned in this scenario: Be active in your local/state gov't....get educated on what politicians are working against your rights....and know changes to the law.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I am a LEO and all I can say is good luck trying to find other LEO's who will enforce that ridiculous hypothetical law
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

No need to add to it.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Guns, officer? What guns? I melted them all down and made these for my friends and me:

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeaubry View Post
    Ok, this is just a hypothetical question but also one that could take place in the future. Lets say your sitting at home watching a movie and a knock comes to the door. You look out the window, peephole, etc. and see LEO's standing outside. As you open the door they say Mr. xxxxx we understand you are a gun owner and CCW licensee. As part of the new laws we are going to have to ask you to relinquish your firearms. How would you respond to such a request? Just something that came to mind the other day and i was debating whether or not to post. Give me your thoughts.
    "Where is the warrant"?

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    I am a LEO and all I can say is good luck trying to find other LEO's who will enforce that ridiculous hypothetical law
    I'm with ckfarris on this one!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links