Feelings about friends that carry? A scenerio - Page 2

Feelings about friends that carry? A scenerio

This is a discussion on Feelings about friends that carry? A scenerio within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is possible the punk saw your friend's hand near his waist and interpreted it exactly for what it was, and opted to leave....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It is possible the punk saw your friend's hand near his waist and interpreted it exactly for what it was, and opted to leave.

Thank goodness ya'll are okay.

what were u carrying?

this situatiion makes feel that a 5 shooter isnt enough...esp if all 8 of them was armed...
    -----
    as for the gun gesture, after seeing that, i would have moved from that location if possible. that would be a threat in my eyes, and i wouldnt wanna stick around to see them come back around the corner with a gun.
    ---
    as for your friend, i'd be glad if i had a friend that was armed. having a stupid friend that is armed is a diff situation...i sometimes worry about certain people i hang out with that might be protential gun buyers....hopefully they wont cc

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    so you were approached by a group that was rather threatening and made gestures indicating possible violence...you think enough about the possibility of drawing your firearm to post it here...but nobody thought it wise to call law enforcement and report the incident?...

just curious...if you felt threatened and there was always the possibility of retaliation by the group why wouldnt you report the incident?...

personally...i would have been on the phone the moment i found out they werent tennants...walking up a fire escape to confront you was a bold offensive move on their part...

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    First Sgt...

Excellent post and analysis. I've got nothing to add to that except to reaffirm your good post.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    How about talking to your friend to go through different scenarios so that you guys are on the same page? Maybe do some training together..? This will eliminate your anxiety in any future events.
    +1. Training is always a good thing. If you are going to be around this guy regularly, it wouldn't be a bad thing to do some together, even if it's just raneg trips. Then, through the course of those, you can discuss reactions to potential situations. Who knows, he might have had the same concerns about you? Better that you both be able to focus on the threat if it ever happened again.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

I do not see any thing wrong with your friends actions. He felt threatened but did not draw. This was a group of drunk thugs who were mouthing off but did not produce any weapons. I would have had my hand close to my gun in case things got out of hand. All of you acted in a responsible way and the trouble went away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links