We all have a story to tell....

This is a discussion on We all have a story to tell.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading a different thread it got me to thinking, Scenarios that have happened to us in our life time that could have been bad..... ...

Thread: We all have a story to tell....

Question We all have a story to tell....

After reading a different thread it got me to thinking, Scenarios that have happened to us in our life time that could have been bad.....
    I have two and will start the ball a rolling...

1. Back when I was 18 and working at a gas station I was alone late one night when a car full of undesirables pulled in our full service (yes the use to exist) station.
    They ask a whole 50 (at 28 cents a gallon) cents worth... While I pump the gas, clean the glass, check the oil and air in the tires (yeah they wanted a lot for their half a buck)....
    They were running in shifts, one in the car at the wheel, one on at the door, one wandering about the inside one wandering the paramater... and they rotated, made me real nervous until a older friend showed up for a pack of cigarettes and I asked him to say for a bit....
    Seeing he was not going to leave (he carried a gun) they left real fast and never came back........ yeah they were casing the place I would bet on it knowing what I know today and it was kind of obvious in the pre 911 days too.....

2. About 2 years ago I was pumping gas in the Orlando area about dusk, the wife was inside spitting in the face of adversity buying a lottery ticket...
    Forever in condition orange when on vacation . I'm SOP doing my usual 360 sweep and look when I see a youth (18- 20) jump out of some bushes about 50 feet away.
    Empty bag in one hand and something that looked like either a stick or pipe in the other, and he charges the vehicle at a dead run. I spring into defense mode put my PU between us and go for the HK.... Apparently he was paying attention too as he decided real quickly he did not want anything to do with me.....

So those are my close calls what about yours.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Many stories here - but I'm saving them for the right time.

However, I have decided that gas stations are bad juju. It's a rare occasion that I can't identify the dirtbag-looking-for-trouble. I don't remember it always being like that?

when was younger, me and my cousin was walking behind a shopping center to get home, our apt was right behind the shopping center. i noticed a car with two guys sitting in the back ( no business to be back there) and before we're about to turn the corner to head deeper in to the back of the shopping center, i heard the engine starting, and it just didnt feel right, so i tell my cousin to follow me behind some crates up on a loading dock of lowes, and i was wearing thru the boxes and stuff, and i see the car come our way, and it stops when it had aclear view of the rest of the shopping center, stoped there for a good 20 secs, and didnt see us so they kept driving, and me and my cousin ran home, probably thought we hoped the fence to the apts or something

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post

(at 28 cents a gallon)

That is a story right there.

Quote Originally Posted by zlzgrom86 View Post
    that was BC.... Before (Jimmy) Carter and his deregulation of crude oil.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Originally Posted by Sheldon J

(at 28 cents a gallon)
    Quote Originally Posted by zlzgrom86 View Post
    I remember those days.
    D**n, I'm gettin' old.

There actually is already a pretty good thread about these stories. I had the thread in my favorites forever and finally found the time to read it all yesterday. Good reading, and could probably add your experiences to that list.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...en-victim.html
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Links