Police seek reckless driver...

This is a discussion on Police seek reckless driver... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened yesterday very near where my wife and kids were at the time it occurred. I take my daughter to and from daycare along ...

Thread: Police seek reckless driver...

Police seek reckless driver...

This happened yesterday very near where my wife and kids were at the time it occurred. I take my daughter to and from daycare along this route daily. While I suspect there's more to the story than what the article includes, I'm still angered and concerned by the boldness shown by the suspects, considering the time of day and location.

I made a big deal of this to my wife this morning. I reminded her that if something like this were to ever happen to her, with or without kids, to make sure she 1) always lock all doors and never open windows to anyone she doesn't know, 2) call 911, 3) call me, 4) do whatever it takes to get away from someone like that, regardless of damage to the van, and 5) head TOWARD where people are, not away.

Sometimes I struggle with the order of 2 & 3...

Police seek reckless driver

The West Lafayette Police Department is seeking a reckless driver who forced several vehicles off the road Tuesday

West Lafayette Police Lt. David VanVactor said police received a call at 6 p.m., Tuesday, of a reckless driver in the area of Kalberer Road and Soldiers Home Road.

Police said the suspect vehicle, possibly a green Chevy S-10 Blazer, struck at least one vehicle numerous times and forced it to the curb before blocking it in.

A witness in the victim's vehicle said two suspects exited the vehicle but drove off after hearing sirens.

One of the suspects was described as a white male in his 40s, 6 feet to 6-feet-2, with graying hair and a beard. The other was described as a white male, 20 to 30 years old, with dark hair, a beard and numerous facial piercings.

Both men were wearing purple T-shirts with a company logo.

The vehicle was described as a green Chevy S-10 Blazer or Ford Bronco with a ladder on its roof.

Anyone with information should contact the West Lafayette Police Department at (765) 775-5200 or the anonymous WeTip Hotline at (800) 782-7463.
    I've actually had this kind of thing happen to me about 20 years ago, long before cell phones and the like. A friend and I were leaving his office and were driving along a side road headed out to the main road, when a car cut in front of us to turn into a restaurant parking lot. It was close enough that I had to get on the brakes hard, and my friend thought it'd be appropriate to flip the bird, so to speak. Well, the other driver's pride was hurt enough that he flew through the parking lot, got back on the road and slid to a stop beside me as I sat at a stop sign. He "warned" me to keep my friend's finger back where it belonged, or "else", and to apologize. I did, not wanting trouble. I told my friend it was stupid to do that, but I also learned that there are enough idiots out there that even the simplest show of "frustration" can be interpreted as a challenge.

Situational awareness has served me well since.

2. Remove Ads

good thing u could let ur pride down. and didnt try to start anything with that guy

-------

hopefully the cops will find that wreckless driver

Your right about flicking people the bird. It's
    very immature and has lead to some very bad problems that some times leads to the death of someone.

Links