Need to use a stall...while carrying a fullsize pistol in summer... - Page 2

Need to use a stall...while carrying a fullsize pistol in summer...

This is a discussion on Need to use a stall...while carrying a fullsize pistol in summer... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DS99 If you are using an IWB holster, why do you need to do anything with the gun or holster when using ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to use a stall...while carrying a fullsize pistol in summer...

Quote Originally Posted by DS99 View Post
    If you are using an IWB holster, why do you need to do anything with the gun or holster when using the bathroom? I carry a Glock 17 day to day in an IWB holster. When I have to "sit down" I spread my feet out a little bit to provide some tension and the weapon and holster stay in place between my calf and the pants/belt. If someone were to look onto the stall, the weapon is mostly obscured by my leg/toilet/pants. In the unlikely event that there were to be a threat, I can still access it easily.

Anyway....it works for me.....
    This works for me too. If you keep your pants up closer to your knees, and why wouldnt you in a public restroom, someone looking under the door is only going to see your feet. They woudl have to lay down on the floor and look up to see the gun , or anything else.

Like everything else related to carry, folks should be practicing this condition at home to master the technique (while of course using an EMPTY gun).

This is not a difficult item to work around...I'm amazed at how often this subject comes up.
    Drop yer pants/shorts/overalls with gun remaining holstered, and lace gun to the side with material of clothing pulled over to cover the gun.

When finished grab the holster and clothing material then pull up as you stand.

Easy....Simple...No brainer....No removal from the holster necessary.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    But if I have to sit down, I'm in trouble. I always (when I'm hip carry) carry OWB so if I pull my pants down, my hoster will show even if I have my gun in-between my legs. I can pull my pants half way down so it can go just to my thigh but then my gun will pull my belt out of its loop and I don't like doing number 2 with my pants there.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DS99 View Post
    If you are using an IWB holster, why do you need to do anything with the gun or holster when using the bathroom? I carry a Glock 17 day to day in an IWB holster. When I have to "sit down" I spread my feet out a little bit to provide some tension and the weapon and holster stay in place between my calf and the pants/belt. If someone were to look onto the stall, the weapon is mostly obscured by my leg/toilet/pants. In the unlikely event that there were to be a threat, I can still access it easily.

Anyway....it works for me.....
    Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.

IMO any techniqie that involves unholstering and setting the gun somewhere is just asking to leave your gun behind. (wasn't there a news story where an LEO did just that?)
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Thanks again for all the responses.

I prefer to carry a large or medium pistol. IWB, even in the privacy of a public restroom stall is not private.

I was just looking for ideas and this forum has been great in giving several suggestions.\

Thanks again, Later, Lumpy.

Number 1...DON'T take a "wide stance"...we saw what happened with Sen.Craig....Seroiusly, though, I try to use the handicap stall(usually at the end ,bigger etc)and then I balance my Glock 26(my usual warm weather EDC)on the top of the TP dispenser. Finish,reholster and go. If that isn't practical and the handicap stall is the last in the row..I stash the piece on the floor behind my left foot. No handicap stall..I "hammock" it.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Nothing says occupied like a .45 caliber pistol
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Nothing says occupied like a .45 caliber pistol
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I was at my grandson's baseball game, went to go to the restroom.... the friggin restroom was "POSTED". That made a lot of sense and a new challenge.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I was at my grandson's baseball game, went to go to the restroom.... the friggin restroom was "POSTED". That made a lot of sense and a new challenge.
    where the bushes in the back posted too? You should be good then

Or just pee on the sign. Or is that breaking a law?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

If its a matter of just peeing I usually go to a stall instead of a urinal just because its more private especially when you have a gun and I dont want to get caught vulnerable with my back to someone.. Then I just use the zipper and leave my pants buttoned. Its something I have mastered because with a duty rig on its even harder to do because you have more weight on your hips. Now a good #2 gets somewhat more difficult.

Thanks again.

In my original case, the kids were laying on the ground and looking into the stall. That is what made me think there is not much one can do while one's privacy is being violated but have a teacher on a field trip have a student (or students) yell gun while coming out of a public restroom at an Interstate rest area. Well, it just seems to me, even if the local LEOs are CCW friendly, that this is going to be an uncomfortable situation, at least until all the paperwork is shown as valid.

My point is, I shouldn't have to wait. The kids shouldn't be looking under the stalls (except for shoes, perhaps) but an entire bus load got out and was looking to pee or #2. They had no qualms about looking under the stall. If I would have been OWB, I am sure one of them would have yelled GUN.

I always try to be smart and situationally aware, but with school age kids, I have learned, there is a normal expected response but rarely, if ever, does that actually happen in reality.

Later, Lumpy.

Personally I just dont care lol. If its in the shoulder holster it obviously doesnt neeed to move. If Im IWB The holster and gun go as one into the hammock if I have to sit on the bowl. If Im OWB, it can stay there. Now depending where I am I might opt to remove holster and gun from the belt and place it in the hammock but either way it works for me. If im standing up, its no problem just use the zipper.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links