So the doorbell rings at 3:45

This is a discussion on So the doorbell rings at 3:45 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well at 3:45 this morning the door bell rings. I awake to my wife saying someones here( I didn't hear the doorbell). Our bedroom door ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the doorbell rings at 3:45

Well at 3:45 this morning the door bell rings. I awake to my wife saying someones here( I didn't hear the doorbell).
    Our bedroom door was shut and my Boxer was going nuts. So I jump up, 4 quick buttons to unlock my USP and open the bedroom door.
    Now at this point I'm still not sure what here means,but the first thing I wanted was my dog out there with whatever.
    I stand at the bedroom door for 1-2 seconds waking up and watched my dog line up on the front door barking. I walked to the door, looked out and there was a 20 something guy and a lady in her 50's.
    I pushed my dog back,cracked the door and asked "is there a problem"
    and as I'm doing this I realized the car they were in was a Taxi.
    The Woman said "I was just making sure I dropped him off at the right house".
    I'm thinking I must be still asleep, because I'm not following, So I replied "What are you talking about".
    Then I realized this guy is Hammered!!
    She replied " he said this was his house"
    I told her this was not his house,looked at him and said "I don't know you,sorry" and started to close the door.
    Now all the sudden zombie boy musters a "HEY" as he reaches to stop the door from closing. I once again(trying not to laugh at him, and feeling sorry for her) explained that this was not his house.
    So, she gets him turned around and headed for the car when she asks " do you have an I.D." he hands her his cell phone and collapses in the back of her Taxi.
    I spent the rest of the morning wishing her mother's day ended better then it started. Poor lady
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    She deserves a tip she'll probably never get, though getting rid of a drunk fare may be reward enough.

All these odd hours door knocks that I read about only strengthens my idea of intercom's, especially the ones with the camera, so I can see them. Safer for the wife alone, as well as myself.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

At least she didn't just drop him off and leave. Kudos to her for making sure he arrived home safely and alive.

Wow, what a night. At least the women made sure instead of letting him figure it out the hard way. He could have the tried to gain access and had the cops called on him, or even worse tried to come through a window and then you be forced to due your duty to protect your family. What a great taxi driver, she deserves a nice tip.
    Glock 19, Trijicon Night Sights, Hogue Slip on Grip & 124gr Gold-Dots
    With an Adam's Holster Texas IWB Holster (Cowhide w/ Ostrich Trim)

Well, after the wrong stop at your house, my next stop for the taxi driver would have been to the police station.

Open door and boot said drunk out. Drive off, and call Po-Po informing them of "package" left at their doorstep.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, after the wrong stop at your house, my next stop for the taxi driver would have been to the police station.

Open door and boot said drunk out. Drive off, and call Po-Po informing them of "package" left at their doorstep.
    Agreed, wished I would have recommended that after she left.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Wolf:

Why bother to open the door to strangers at 4 AM?

Nothing good can come of it.

Capt. Art

Quote Originally Posted by twocan View Post
    Wolf:

Capt. Art
    It's a nice neighborhood and, I had a full view of both hands and profiled some. I had my USP in my right hand,a dog itching to get out behind me and the door opened 6" so I felt safe.
    I mainly wanted to know was anything wrong, but I should have noticed the cab earlier.
    I'll help a neighbor out if they need it.

AzB
    Wolf:

Capt. Art
    I can see out without anyone seeing in. If I didn't recognize them, I sure wouldn't open the door. Probably back off and off to the side a little, weapon at the ready in case they decide to come in gun blazing.

Even if I did recognize them, I might not open the door. I have some shady friends.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I can see out without anyone seeing in. If I didn't recognize them, I sure wouldn't open the door. Probably back off and off to the side a little, weapon at the ready in case they decide to come in gun blazing.

Even if I did recognize them, I might not open the door. I have some shady friends.
    LOL.. you need to move and find new friends.We'll now that I think about it,I have some friends I may not have opened the door for.

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    I hope you were able to get back sleep after getting woke up that way.

I had my doorbell go off at 2:00 am one night. That was followed by pounding on my door. My first thought is that something is wrong or about to go wrong. I shot out of bed and grabbed my Hi Power. As I headed toward the stairs, I looked out a window that offers a partial view of my front porch. I could see someone standing there that looked like a cop. I checked the peephole when I go to the door. It was my next door neighbor who is a LEO. He wanted to let me know I left my garage door open. It took me forever to get back to sleep.

It's hard for me to imagine being so hammered that I couldn't remember my street address, but yet able to navigate another driver to...somewhere.

Anyway...sounds like you assessed the situation well-enough, but I'd rethink opening the door before knowing the car situation out front, and without being able to see if there were others around a corner.

For me, I have an all-glass front door, and a bay window right next to it. So, I can see clearly anyone who's at the door. But, any number of folks could be lurking just a few feet away, in front of my garage door which is about 6 feet forward of the entryway. Bad juju.

I think I would have just yelled to the pair that doofus doesn't live here, please leave now...as I dialed 911 and prepared to punch the call button.

It's really hard to know what you'd really do...I'm always surprised at how these weird situations are so totally 'not right' and out of place that your brain seems to do the right thing, though.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

Wolf:

Capt. Art
    x2 on that. Nothing good ever happens after 11:00
    [__☺]
    -OllllO-
    []o=[]
    Beretta PX4 Storm .45 / Springfield Armory XDM 9 / Springfield Armory 1911 Milspec / Smith Wesson 686 / Bushmaster XM-15 E2
    DPMS A-15 Oracle / Remington 870 Express Magnum / Remington 597 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo Boy View Post
    It's hard for me to imagine being so hammered that I couldn't remember my street address, but yet able to navigate another driver to...somewhere.
    Being a college student and a self-assigned designated driver, you'd be surprised with just how hammered a person can get. Sometimes they don't even understand what you're asking them; you say "Where do you live, what is your address?" all they hear is "address," and that is exactly what they give you, regardless if it's their home address or the address of their favorite pizzeria, or in his case cdwolf's front door.

Glad it was just a mundane situation, give that dog a nice treat.

Cab driver should have asked for a driver's license prior to picking up the drunk! She put herself in a dangerous situation, what if when you opened the door the drunk had decided to force his way inside? This could have gone bad on several different levels!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links