Census Takers Warning

This is a discussion on Census Takers Warning within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Froman would love to but it will take me a couple of days to get there on the wrong side of the ocean right now. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Census Takers Warning

VIP Member
    Froman would love to but it will take me a couple of days to get there on the wrong side of the ocean right now. You had to mention whole hog to there is no damn way I can get BBQ pulled pork sandwich here.
    Census worker I assume are hired on a part time basis for minimum wage. I cannot envision them being put through a big time background check so the comment listed by obxned might not be far off.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    There's nothing they need that can't be done through the door. No one comes in without a warrant and a badge.
    I placed a private property sign a few years ago as per instructions by my local PD.

I disabled my doorbell and placed a note above it stating he bell does not work and we'll not answer the door in any circumstance and s/he should go away immediately.

I put a note on my door, behind the screen door, that repeats the previous message in more precise and uninviting language.

Anyone coming through the door of my home is considered a potential threat trying to harm my family.

I read the census form and decided that the vast majority of the information was legally irrelevant and unconstitutional. All the census requires is a count of persons in the United States. Information such as race, sex, educational background are not required and are too personal for the government to know or request. Therefore I refuse to submit the form or answer the questions from a census worker.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

I dare a "census worker" to come into my house.
    Drew Steele NREMT-P
    Kimber Custom 2 TLE
    Glock 23
    Glock 36
    Sig 229
    Ruger LCP

WE had to call and ask for a census form to be sent to us. Even after we filled it out and sent it in, a census taker showed up to ask the same questions. I can't say how much she was making, or what her education level was, but she drove up in a new looking shiny Red Camry.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If you mailed the form back, this wouldn't be an issue for you.
    Except the lady who showed up three times asking about our neighbor, who apparently didn't fill in the form

I never got a form.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Well I did not mail in the form they sent and yesterday they came to the door. First the basketball head of my yellow lab trying to get out the door backed him up a few feet so I stepped outside. I confirmed my name and address and said that's all you get. He told me it was "the law" I give the rest of the information and he would have to turn me in. You talk about poking pepper up a wildcats ass with a hot awl...I told him "Obama and company already had more than enough info about me and mine from SS numbers alone and my lawyer and I will be awaiting the summons to appear so have a nice day."
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I've already sent my form in, they need not waste time and effort coming here.

If I get any Census Workers at the door, I'll let my dog answer their "questions".

They will promptly put a big note on their forms as to "NOT" come by that house again.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I sent mine in and they still came by my house too. As stated earlier-did not open door
    hand on gun in pocket
    she said she needed my name and phone # in case Sup had questions.
    told her to go away, they already had that info.
    FW21

We sent our form in a while back. Got a call a few days ago confirming our number of folks and to tell us that no one should be stopping by. Haven't seen any Census folks thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by FroMan View Post
    Btw, Tacman and Ximat1, my in-laws live in Sherwood and my wife grew up there. I'm working in LR right now and staying with them. I'm in Sherwood numerous times a month. We oughtta hook up and eat Whole Hog or Wingstop or something and talk guns and life.
    I work in the same building as Ximat1 and live in Maumelle. We've even gone shooting together at Don's. If you fellas decide to meet up, LMK. Love to hang w/some like-minded folks and talk firearms.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    If it's at night after 7PM, I would never open the door even to a census worker. If it is during the day, I would check the ID throught the peephole in the front door and also have my handgun with me, preferably in a plannerbook holster, since I don't carry on my own person. If they refuse to show ID, then they are not coming in. They should know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    If it's at night after 7PM, I would never open the door even to a census worker. If it is during the day, I would check the ID throught the peephole in the front door and also have my handgun with me, preferably in a plannerbook holster, since I don't carry on my own person. If they refuse to show ID, then they are not coming in. They should know why.
    this murder happened at 2-3 in the afternoon.
    Matthew <><
    Helotes, Texas

Beretta/Stoeger Cougar 8000f -blued, 9mm
    Kel-Tec PF9- 9mm, hard chrome
    Ruger LCP with CT

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    this murder happened at 2-3 in the afternoon.
    That's why have a gun with you on your own person if it came to that. Census came in today and I had my H&K USP in my dayplanner holster just in case it was a ruse or setup. I verified the questions asked and it lasted only about 3 min. And if he/she asks you any questions such as your social security number, political affiliations, then there is something wrong and you need to contact the nearest census office in your area. Also check their ID. The only questions they should ask is the ones you answered on the form, nothing more.

I tossed both mailings into the trash. They came by and left a note stuck to the door. I tossed it too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links