Waiting in the car

This is a discussion on Waiting in the car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I see it there is only one choice, you have to stay in the car, your baby can't defend his/herself. Call 911, and prepare ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Waiting in the car

VIP Member
    As I see it there is only one choice, you have to stay in the car, your baby can't defend his/herself. Call 911, and prepare to defend yourself if necessary.

2. Remove Ads

You deploy your CCW badge as you rush toward the entrance, gun drawn, thinking "this is it!". You peek in through window to note bad guy's position and then execute a tactical roll into the store and come up guns blazing to the astonishment of the BG, as you shoot the gun from his hand, shoot his belt buckle to drop his pants, and then shoot a ceiling fixture to bring it crashing down on his head.

After blowing the smoke from the tip of your pistola and spinning it on your finger back into your holster, you toss a clip of money onto the counter "for the mess", and then calmly lead your honey out of the store as the shoppers break out into spontaneous applause.

As you're exiting the store manager rushes up and says "That was amazing! Are you Special Forces or something?". You say "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

...or just play it safe and call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Realfriend View Post
    You deploy your CCW badge as you rush toward the entrance, gun drawn, thinking "this is it!". You peek in through window to note bad guy's position and then execute a tactical roll into the store and come up guns blazing to the astonishment of the BG, as you shoot the gun from his hand, shoot his belt buckle to drop his pants, and then shoot a ceiling fixture to bring it crashing down on his head.

After blowing the smoke from the tip of your pistola and spinning it on your finger back into your holster, you toss a clip of money onto the counter "for the mess", and then calmly lead your honey out of the store as the shoppers break out into spontaneous applause.

As you're exiting the store manager rushes up and says "That was amazing! Are you Special Forces or something?". You say "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!".
    Wouldn't it be easier to go through the HVAC ducts and get "the drop" on them?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to go through the HVAC ducts and get "the drop" on them?
    Well, obviously that's what you'd do in a multiple BG hostage situation... picking them off 1 by 1 using guerilla tactics and hiding their bodies in the freezer section. We're just talking 1 BG here though, and you have to get home to watch the game so you don't want to waste time with ropes and grappling hooks to get on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight412 View Post
    Your wife is inside the store, unarmed. Your baby is in the car with you. You are CCW with your most trusted weapon. What do you do?
    The choice was made prior to that day, when the decision to be armed for such situations occurred. Wishing there were other options, now, doesn't solve anything.

The baby is the future and the primary reason for two parents. Keep the baby safe and away from harm. Call the cavalry. Protect the baby, if anything occurs near the car. Be prepared to eject quickly (car on, in gear), in case the shot was real and the escaping criminal(s) show intent to harm me and the child.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I carry so I don't have to rely on other people for my families safety, simple as that, I think the majority of people on this site do as well. As far as being cited, ever heard of extenuating circumstances, I think that charge would be laughed out of court.

The Door goes DING! DING! as you open it... dont they all? Your element of surprise is now in the toilet and the guy who is sitting in the car has sights on your back. The BG inside takes cover and waits for you, because he knows you just walked through the door. Or Maybe the guy in the car has shot you already.

Dont assume people are that stupid. Once the shooting starts, allot of people may die.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

so the hero in me says to "run down the shooter with the family wagon as he runs out the door to make his get a way". but the little voice in my head is asking "what kind of trouble would i get in if i did that?" so, would there be criminal charges agianst someone for taking out the shooter with the car?

Call 911 and be a good witness, you have a baby to protect. Your wife should have had a weapon on her...didn't you tell her how important SD was, but she said she wouldn't need a gun...now she knows...hopefully, she is OK.

Again, be good witness...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HKtexas View Post
    Give me a break I would go inside. You really think a cop is going to cite you for child abandonment in a situation like that...really?? Your wife chose not to carry so shes on her own...incredible!!
    when the choice is as stated, yes.
    I love my wife but she is on her own. our 5 year old comes first.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
    The Door goes DING! DING! as you open it... dont they all? Your element of surprise is now in the toilet and the guy who is sitting in the car has sights on your back. The BG inside takes cover and waits for you, because he knows you just walked through the door. Or Maybe the guy in the car has shot you already.

Dont assume people are that stupid. Once the shooting starts, allot of people may die.
    where are you shopping? lol none of the places I go around here have dinger doors. thats more of a small shop thing.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

If I suddenly found myself in this situation tomorrow I would be dumbstruck, and asking the fallowing questions

1 Iím married and I have a kid?
    2 This is the suburbs on NYC right? (I hope southern CT)
    3 I have not disappeared and gone local on some trip to the Middle East?
    4 I own a car?
    5 In summery how I did I end up like this?

Now for the hypothetical situation.
    There are a ton of factors involved naturally however the best action is call the cops, move the car to safety if it is currently in a bad position, like near the front of the store where the police will be hopefully showing up some. Then after I am off the phone with them I would ponder the many discussions I had with that college feminist friend of mine who held low views of marriage and wicked low views on having children. Perhaps call her too, if my hypothetical wife makes it out of this she should talk to her about the whole no weapon thing.
    Last edited by AlexHassin; May 13th, 2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: i fougut about the car

Quote Originally Posted by HKtexas View Post
    I carry so I don't have to rely on other people for my families safety, simple as that, I think the majority of people on this site do as well. As far as being cited, ever heard of extenuating circumstances, I think that charge would be laughed out of court.
    OK....law aside....

The BG gets past you....are looking for a car to steal for their getaway....they see yours with your baby in it....now what?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

It very well may be my wife that was shot and is either dead or dying.

I think I would not rush in and potentially leave my child with no parents at all.

911, heart in throat, Glock in hand, eyes taking in as much as they can. Maybe kneel outside the car and cover things. Don't really know until I'm put in that situation.

Gotta be around for the kid. She would be pissed and hounding me in the afterlife if I rushed in to die and left him alone - in the back of a car -and no one even knows he's there now.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    so the hero in me says to "run down the shooter with the family wagon as he runs out the door to make his get a way". but the little voice in my head is asking "what kind of trouble would i get in if i did that?" so, would there be criminal charges agianst someone for taking out the shooter with the car?
    the fact that you didnt witness the events inside the store which could very well have been a thief firing into the ceiling could make for some interesting concerns legally...especially if as previously mentioned the person entering the store was an undercover officer responding to a robbery or something and you tagged him with the car as he was rushing out to grab the guy in the getaway car....

all you know is that you saw a man with a gun enter the store and heard a shot...you dont know who fired the shot or whether it was aimed at a person...you can act on what you thing but what you think might not be reality...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links