Waiting in the car

This is a discussion on Waiting in the car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bladenbullet really?...you would want your wife answering a phone call with a potential armed thief entering the store...how much attention do you ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Waiting in the car

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    really?...you would want your wife answering a phone call with a potential armed thief entering the store...how much attention do you want to draw toward her?...its a pharmacy not a super walmart...chances are the guy is gonna have a good picture and can hear just about everything going on in the store...

and i love my wife also...but the one shot isnt going to have me running into an unknown to play mall ninja because i feel like i'm the only guy who can save the world...and the chance of aggravating the situation is better than ending it...
    I did automatically think Super Walmart when I read Pharmacy as that's where we go......still, if I saw him walking in I think I would attempt to warn her to hide, there would probably be other commotion going on that the BG would possibly not hear a phone ringing....dunno.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    I did automatically think Super Walmart when I read Pharmacy as that's where we go......still, if I saw him walking in I think I would attempt to warn her to hide, there would probably be other commotion going on that the BG would possibly not hear a phone ringing....dunno.
    you dont know where she is and you are willing to take the chance of someone who is robbing the store seeing her talking on the phone?...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    you dont know where she is and you are willing to take the chance of someone who is robbing the store seeing her talking on the phone?...
    True, but as she was going in to get a prescription, & most pharmacy counters are at the back of the store & I was calling as the guy was walking in I probably would, of course I would not be talking about the weather or what we might possibly do over the weekend...
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

VIP Member
    Of course in my scenario my wife has the SA that here cellphone is on vibrate and she has the bluetooth thing in her ear so the bad guy cant hear her talking.
    There takes care of the bad guy hearing cellphone ringing issue. Stroke on ZX9.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2nd I doubt anyone here loves their wife any less than you do this is a no win situation either way it goes. Everyone has an opinion in the matter and no one is really wrong it is personal choice.
    I agree and I am aware that I came off a little asinine yesterday. I had been reading several posts that boiled my blood. Normally if I read something that makes me upset then I just log off and come back later. I do have training in clearing rooms and close quarters combat but if it is my wife involved I would more then likely go barreling in like some kind of wanna be superhero. Again I apologize for the tone of my post.
    A good friend will come bail you out of jail...But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn we screwed up".

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Nobody that stayed in their car mentioned (that I saw) phoning the wife & warning her of the impending situation so that she could hide...
    I'm pretty sure the boom of the shotgun would have taken care of that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmend View Post
    I agree and I am aware that I came off a little asinine yesterday. I had been reading several posts that boiled my blood. Normally if I read something that makes me upset then I just log off and come back later. I do have training in clearing rooms and close quarters combat but if it is my wife involved I would more then likely go barreling in like some kind of wanna be superhero. Again I apologize for the tone of my post.
    So I have to ask.....you'd leave your child behind, unattended and unprotected??
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Just a thought, but it would be very possible that and event as describes here would happen in a very short time frame, BG in and out.

There may not be time for much or any reaction from person setting in car waiting out side.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member
    Call 911.

Get your baby in a best covered position (low on the floor?).

Get yourself in a good cover and observation/defensive postion.

Pray.

Pharmacies, liquor stores, parking lots/garages at night really creep me out. Even during the day liquor stores give me pause. I had a bad experience once on that, it is why I started contemplating carrying.

gtv
    This much I know to be true: if I went in the store leaving our child alone in the car, I would have more to worry about from my wife than from the BG when all was said and done. Protect the child, first and foremost; I would expect the same from her were the roles reversed and I was the one in harm's way. Call 911, draw my weapon, be a good witness, and pray that the BG leaves with no one hurt, or that he gets distracted enough for my wife to put five rounds of .38 Special into his sorry *****.
    "Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day... Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all his time in the basement tying flies and neglecting his personal hygiene." -- Jimmy James

"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!" -- Admiral James T. Kirk

My wife is always armed and our kids are grown so this is purely hypothetical for me.

Since shots had been fired My first thought is the BG has shot and killed someone in the commission of a felony a capitol crime. It would be to his benefit at that point is to A) kill himself or B) more likely option exterminate all witnesses. Based on that information.
    First move the car and child out of the line of fire as I call 911.
    Second secure the car and child. If I saw a safe looking woman I might ask her to move my car and child across the street or farther down the road. I know a risky proposition a judgment call I'd have to make at the time.
    Third observe through the door or window from cover. Act based on what I observe.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    My wife is always armed and our kids are grown so this is purely hypothetical for me.

Since shots had been fired My first thought is the BG has shot and killed someone in the commission of a felony a capitol crime. It would be to his benefit at that point is to A) kill himself or B) more likely option exterminate all witnesses. Based on that information.
    First move the car and child out of the line of fire as I call 911.
    Second secure the car and child. If I saw a safe looking woman I might ask her to move my car and child across the street or farther down the road. I know a risky proposition a judgment call I'd have to make at the time.
    Third observe through the door or window from cover. Act based on what I observe.
    just when you thought youd seen everything...we're turning our children over to safe looking strangers....

Put your car and child in a safe defencible spot where you can keep an eye on the front door. Call 911. Observe. Look for the driver of the getaway car and be prepared to take them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkahuna View Post
    Put your car and child in a safe defencible spot where you can keep an eye on the front door. Call 911. Observe. Look for the driver of the getaway car and be prepared to take them out.
    take who out?...you still dont know what actually happened inside the store...

I'd like to add to my first situational story of what i would do, I would take my ar-15 out with my trigicon 6x scope and observe for a shot.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links