Wife's awareness at Wally World

This is a discussion on Wife's awareness at Wally World within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife told me of her recent events at Wal Mart. She and her friend were picking up a few things at Walmart (middle of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My wife told me of her recent events at Wal Mart. She and her friend were picking up a few things at Walmart (middle of the day) and were in the self checkout line. She noticed 2 guys in the next line over. One of them picked up something to buy real quick as they entered the line. She said that it didn’t seem right. They made momentary eye contact and she knew it wasn’t good. She left her things and told her friend they had to leave now. Her friend also had some things to buy, but dropped them and they left. They hurried out to the car, got in and locked the doors. Then they saw 4 guys come out the entrance (the 2 she had seen and 2 others) and fan out into the parking lot. She left quickly and wasn’t seen by any of the men (if you can call them that). Her friend was amazed when she saw the 4 guys come out, obviously looking for them. She had not noticed a thing.

I reviewed the situation w/ her and repeated the fact that she should be packing, which she is getting close to doing. We are researching guns for her. She won’t carry my XD – too big, although she operates and shoots it well. Also told her that staying inside the store and calling 911 or contacting store security is safer than going into the parking lot when you know you are being followed. She said she knows that, but she knew that she was parked very close to the entrance and that the BG’s were in line for another minute or 2. We talked about more things that could have gone wrong for her, but in the end she had good awareness and it reinforced the need to carry. Which she will be doing soon. Like many of you know, it must happen on her time frame.

I was proud of her awareness – I also want to bust some heads (4 of them).
    Last edited by hayzor; May 13th, 2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: title
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

glad your wife is ok, walmarts can be scary sometimes, which wally world did this happen at?

Glad she is ok! You should have gone to the store with her. Even if she's parked close, she should have stayed in the store and asked for assistance. The guys could have dropped what they were getting also and followed the girls out of the store.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Wow close one, glad they got out when they did.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Very good SA!!!!!

My wife had trouble with her favorite handgun being to big for her to CC.

She now CC a kel tec P3AT and shoots it very well.

380acp is not my first choice but with CD HP ammo it will do the job.

Good thing is that small gun goes every where she goes that it is legal to carry.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Good SA by your wife, glad she's okay.

Maybe this will encourage her to CC
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Glad she is ok. It's not ok when we can't go about our daily lives such as getting groceries in mid day and have to drop everything to leave. She is safe and thats what matters most. Good SA on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    glad your wife is ok, walmarts can be scary sometimes, which wally world did this happen at?
    Arizona Ave & Pecos/202
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

oh yeah newer walmart but right in downtown chandler with alot of shady people, glad everything worked out ok, is she considering carrying?

Very good SA on your wifes part....I think she will be picking a gun out soon.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Have her look at Kahr cw9. Nice size and lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Very good SA on your wifes part....
    x2 I'm pretty sure i would have recognized it and tried to rationalize it.

And as long as she come around to it before something happens this is all good experience for her to learn from.

Glock Certified Armorer

Stay armed...staying alert is the key...stay safe!

She's got two of the three...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Her SA was top notch. I wonder if any of the other customers or employees noticed this going on, two women leaving their items and hurriedly walking out with 2-4 men leaving their items and quickly following after them, and at least notified someone in the store that something was possibly not OK?

Quote Originally Posted by carryad View Post
    I wonder if any of the other customers or employees noticed this going on, two women leaving their items and hurriedly walking out with 2-4 men leaving their items and quickly following after them, and at least notified someone in the store that something was possibly not OK?
    Ha, I doubt it! It seems most of the world lives in a daze.. glad his wife identified the trouble before it came to her. There is a reason that the people with no SA always say, "I never saw it coming!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links