Men not Sheep

Men not Sheep

This is a discussion on Men not Sheep within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bond set at $5M for kidnapping suspect :: WRAL.com Bond set at $5M for kidnapping suspect Chapel Hill, N.C. A District Court judge on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men not Sheep

Men not Sheep

Bond set at $5M for kidnapping suspect :: WRAL.com

Bond set at $5M for kidnapping suspect

Chapel Hill, N.C. A District Court judge on Thursday set a $5 million bond for a man accused of trying to abduct a woman Wednesday afternoon off a downtown Chapel Hill street.

In setting the bond, Judge Beverly Scarlett said Theodore James Walker poses a danger to women.

Walker, 26, of 108 Timber Hollow Court in Chapel Hill, is charged with second-degree kidnapping, assault on a female and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.

Assistant Orange County District Attorney Morgan Whitney said during a court hearing that investigators found a loaded shotgun and a baseball bat in Walker's vehicle and found condoms in his back pocket.

Chapel Hill police said Walker tried to abduct a 19-year-old woman near the intersection of Rosemary and Columbia streets at about 2 p.m. Wednesday.

Two men were driving by and saw a man dragging the woman to a vehicle in the parking lot behind the RBC Bank at 101 E. Rosemary St., police said. They pulled into the parking lot to intervene, and the man let the woman go unharmed.

The man then drove off, hitting one of the good Samaritans with his car, police said. The vehicle was found abandoned at Mill Creek apartments.

Walker was arrested about two hours later after police saw him walking out of a wooded area near Timber Hollow Apartments on Martin Luther King Boulevard.

Orange County District Attorney Jim Woodall said Walker also is a suspect in the brutal beating of a woman in Pitt County, who remains in intensive care. Police found evidence in Walker's home that link him to that case, Woodall said.

Chapel Hill Police also are looking into the claims that Walker tried to get two teens to get into his vehicle a few days ago, prosecutors said. The teens ran off, and they told police they recognized Walker after seeing his photo in news reports of Wednesday's incident.

Public defender Natasha Adams told Scarlett that Walker suffers from mental illness, and his family isn't sure if he has been taking his medication. She said he has worked for the State Employees Credit Union for three years.

How bad was the man who tried to help hurt?
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

They need to put this animal away somewhere before he really hurts someone!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    Public defender Natasha Adams told Scarlett that Walker suffers from mental illness, and his family isn't sure if he has been taking his medication
    Don't care....obviously he needs to be some place supervised....either by an orderly in an asylum...or a caretaker in a hole in the ground. Not taking his meds? Really!? That's an excuse? Nope....not having it...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

WOW....She is very lucky...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Yea, if not taking your meds leads to THIS, then not taking your meds is a jailable offense in my book....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    Yea, if not taking your meds leads to THIS, then not taking your meds is a jailable offense in my book....
    Agreed.

As well purposefully not taking your meds and by that resulting in _any_ crime should be enforced equally same as anyone who does not need/have prescribed meds.

Take yer meds as prescribed and as scheduled, or suffer the real consequences just as your victims do.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    if he was involved in that many situations over several days his meds should be a lethal injection...we need this stuff off the streets...

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I'm glad the women is alright and I pray the man hit is ok and this fool needs to be put away.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

His Meds should be (JHP) About at least 125gn ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

From what I've gathered the guy just received some bumps and bruises, nothing broken. I do agree that he should either be locked up and have the key thrown away or he should get the koolaid shot. It's just refreshing to see someone do the right thing instead of sticking their heads into the sand.

I know of some 'meds' that will heal his mental illness...permanently!Too bad his last victim didn't have the 'applicator'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Now that is scarry. This could happen anywhere. I never go walking now without my gun and my cell phone, and I also carry a small pink can of pepper spray. You can never be too prepared.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    is it Sabre? I got my mom a can of that in pink for mothers day, along one of the kimber self defense sprays, i figure the Sabre for her key ring, and the Kimber for her car is a great idea, that way she always has one or the other
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Hmm, I have to agree with the late Col. Cooper on this one, I don't have the exact quote but after someone brought up the subject of chemical/mineral deficiancies in the brain causing criminal behavior, he stated something in the nature of he found a great deal of validity in that theory, that criminals obviously had a deficiant level of lead in their brains and that a great number of repeat offenses could be prevented through the high speed cranial insertion of about 230 grains of lead.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links