Robbed at Gun and Knife Point - What Would You Have Done?

This is a discussion on Robbed at Gun and Knife Point - What Would You Have Done? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guarantee my trigger finger is faster than any draw known to man. Not really, There are a few quick draw experts whose draw and ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Robbed at Gun and Knife Point - What Would You Have Done?

I guarantee my trigger finger is faster than any draw known to man.
    Not really, There are a few quick draw experts whose draw and fire time is faster than any human reaction time. it takes you longer to perceive he is actually drawing his gun and firing then for your brain to decide to pull the trigger.

But lets be honest,...we don't have any quick draw aces here :p. That is why close quarter gun disarmament DRILLS work, because I can side step and get control of the gun wrist faster then they can realize I moved and pull a trigger. I emphasize DRILL because this is an idealized situation and by no means is h2h gun disarmament recommended except for a last ditch effort.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

2. Remove Ads

Originally Posted by kelcarry
    Hey Bubbie: The answer to your question as to why, after 66 years of never even havng touched a firearm is simple. This country is turning into a cesspool led by the biggest idiot we have ever had in office, a bunch of little idiots that surround him, and a swarm of illegal garbage who believe they have a right to my country. I see germany in the 30s as clear as day. I see complete government takeover and the crowning of our first dictator. I see a fascist state. I see people on this forum being labeled terrorists and anti-government. I see the suspension of liberties. I hope I am wrong but I intend to be prepared if I am right. I will not lay down and be a sheep like some of my distant relatives did in germany, thinking that because they are german, no one will bother them. This country is getting dangerous and I will protect myself and my family.

Kelcarry:

Sadly, I am afraid that you are correct. We need to get ALL OF OUR FRIENDS TO VOTE IN NOVEMBER in order to have a chance at rolling back all of this nonsense.

Our country is at risk of becoming a has been, and people who do not take action now to save it should be ashamed.

Capt. Art

Quote Originally Posted by 45tek View Post
    Taking a life is not worth a wallet..whether its your life or the bad guys. A good prosecutor would angle you into second degree murder on a technicality. So be careful and stay safe. Give up the wallet whether you are carrying or not, then retreat. Use deadly force when absolutely necessary.
    If you think it's about the wallet you are missing the whole point. I would never take a life for my wallet. I would however take a life to protect my own. In the OP's situation, there was no possilbe way to know that his life was not going to be forfieted along with his wallet. I can recount to many instances of a robbery being completed, BG has the money, then pulling the trigger anyway.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Not really, There are a few quick draw experts whose draw and fire time is faster than any human reaction time. it takes you longer to perceive he is actually drawing his gun and firing then for your brain to decide to pull the trigger.

But lets be honest,...we don't have any quick draw aces here :p. That is why close quarter gun disarmament DRILLS work, because I can side step and get control of the gun wrist faster then they can realize I moved and pull a trigger. I emphasize DRILL because this is an idealized situation and by no means is h2h gun disarmament recommended except for a last ditch effort.
    I am not trained martial arts ninja killer but I can tell you that the above info is correct. With training and practice, you can without a doubt disarm someone with a gun to your chest. It is amazingly simple. Train with airsoft or paintball. Have the gunman pull the trigger when he detects you moving. If you practice, he will miss you almost everytime.
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links