Never heard of this one before - Page 2

Never heard of this one before

This is a discussion on Never heard of this one before within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Call 911 then witness as much as I can to pass to the police....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Never heard of this one before

Call 911 then witness as much as I can to pass to the police.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLSquirrelHunter View Post
    Primary tool for this is the cell phone
    1. Phone mode: Call 9 1 1
    2. Cam mode: Without approaching, take 1 pic of the cars/plates/scene

Now go home and check on your own family, chamber the shottie just in case, and write up the experience in this forum.

If you carry a gun, carry a cell!
    Brilliant!

And welcome to the forum, Calvinist! You're right on time, and you posted and will discover here exactly what you're supposed to.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

None of my business.

Maybe call 911

VIP Member
    While it would be emotionally difficult to ignore screams, the safest thing to do is go the 911 route and tell them you are hearing bloody screams for help from inside. Then, get the heck out of the way because there will be 6 cars rolling up pretty quickly.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    It's been said so I don't have to read them all. Be a good witness, call the cops and let them know who you are, what you are wearing, where you will be (cover wise) and you will keep an look out for anything else strange going on at that house and stay on the phone with the dispatcher if at all possible so she can update the responding units so they don't lose contact with you and think you are the BG when they arrive and you go out to meet them in the dark.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Couldn't figure out how to send photos by PM: here's a possible avatar for you (though I certainly won't be offended if you choose not to use it - it's my way of saying 'welcome'). 'Course if 'Calvinist' refers to the comic strip, this is kind of out in left field...
    Attached Images
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Call 911....YOU are not a cop....carry for your protection.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Couldn't figure out how to send photos by PM: here's a possible avatar for you (though I certainly won't be offended if you choose not to use it - it's my way of saying 'welcome'). 'Course if 'Calvinist' refers to the comic strip, this is kind of out in left field...
    BAHAHAHA!!!....NICE!

Call 911 report as a witness and scoot!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

911 from cell OUTSIDE of the property.

We just had tragedy in my area - man visiting friends from out of town went with them to one of their neighbors' party, very nice man, wonderful teacher, got drunk and mixed up the friend's house with another that happened to have back door open. He was walking back to friends' house while they were still at party.

Entering the wrong house, the owner rightly thought it was a robbery, called 911, repeatedly yelled to the guy who was at the bottom of the stairs that he had a rifle and to leave immediately. The man, likely too drunk to comprehend did not reply, and the owner thinking the intruder would go upstairs where his wife was hiding, shot - and killed him. No charges filed to homeowner, but a tragedy to him and of course the victim and his family.

DON'T GO INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY AT NIGHT. OR WORSE THEIR HOMES. YOU MAY FIND BIG SURPRISES. 911 IS ALWAYS BEST. THEY ARE TRAINED FOR THIS STUFF. WE AREN'T

Quote Originally Posted by whowebepart1 View Post
    i would call 911 and report what is going on from a safe distance. My cfp is not a badge.
    +1 exactly
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalvinist View Post
    While i agree im talking about screaming at the top of their lungs in terror...the kind that tells you .."I dont think that was a teenager.." i dont think im going in either but just wondering given the circumstance
    Last summer my wife and I awoke (at about 1:00 am) to blood curdling screaming coming from our neighbors house (Single Mom two teenagers). It sounded like the teenage daughter. At first we were confused about what we herd because it was such an odd thing to wake up to. So I shook off the sleep and went to the side door to have a listen. Then I heard plain as day screaming coming and going in waves from our neighbor’s house. I did a scan of the driveway/street/front door/back door and saw no signs of forced entry.

So at this point I was very concerned for their safety and I had two choices, I could strap on my gear like Rambo and kick in the front door, or I could call 911 and hope for a fast response time.

I opted for 911. You would be surprised how many squad cars will show up (rather quickly) when you call 911 at 1:00am and say, I can here screaming coming from my neighbor’s house, and it sounds like their teenage daughter.

Long story short, Mom and daughter got into a fight about something and daughter decided that it would be a good idea to scream like she was being murdered…

Cops were not happy, and had some helpful parenting tips for Mom.

Ironically Mom is still mad at us for calling the cops.

So as you can see, never assume that you know what is happening behind closed doors. As morbid as it sounds, if it is not your house (or you do not have express permission to enter) then what ever happens in that situation is up to the local LEO’s to deal with.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    did you consider calling the house...as you knew them and could find out if the police were necessary?...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    did you consider calling the house...as you knew them and could find out if the police were necessary?...
    Don't know them that good and they either have an unpublished number or no house phone (not in phonebook). I would have called if I had their number.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Don't know them that good and they either have an unpublished number or no house phone (not in phonebook). I would have called if I had their number.
    gotcha...police it is...

funny story...couple years ago our neighbor is on vacation and we share watching the house with several other neighbors (pretty tight neighborhood)...middle of the night my wife wakes me up and points out that there is a full size sport utility parked behind the pool cage (no driveway to there...its on the back lawn) and the home is only illuminated by a tv set in the living room (we can see it through the slidng glass doors)...my wife also heard glass breaking...thats what got her attention...looks pretty obvious to me...there have been some breakins in the area so we think weve got em...i dial 911 and give them a description of whats going on...about 5 sheriff cars show up and go to the house from all directions guns drawn...do some knocking...something goes on in front of the house that we cant see (corner lot)....the cops all walk back to their cars...i walk out the front door, stop one of the cops and ask what happened...the neighbors daughter had a fight with her boyfriend...parked behind the cage so he wouldnt know she was there...only turned on the tv so he would not see lights in the house and the breaking glass was a wine glass she dropped because she was crying and nervous about the fight...oops...made for a great story when the neighbors got home...they thanked us and scolded her for not using her head...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links