Grey's Anatomy Finale - Page 2

Grey's Anatomy Finale

This is a discussion on Grey's Anatomy Finale within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; People actually watch that crap? Jeese....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grey's Anatomy Finale

Administrator
    People actually watch that crap? Jeese.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Janq I give you mad props for sticking with someone that anti.... Just remember one day if it should ever happen when you need your portable lifesaver, your wife will think of you as the hero the rest of your life, and it might just open her eyes.

BikerRN and jvteach77 Right freaking on my friends! I try to explain this to anyone that has doubts about firearms in general. I talk about how illegal drugs are ILLEGAL but we still have them do we not? So really I'm just happen there are much more like minded people on our side... it keeps me sane.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Columbine was the last time an active shooter was triggering victims and "we waited for SWAT" with our laptops set up just outside the A side entrance.

I'm disappointed in the portrayal of the Police who will risk their lives on a call like this and do it without question; but I understand the use of "dramatic license".

I wish just one sheep would have fought back.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    My response was even if you took all the guns away, people who are intent on killing people would find a way to do it. Its not the gun, its the person with the gun."
    Ask him how that's working out in England, or better yet ask him how that's working for the kids and teachers in China.

World Briefing - Asia - China - 9 Students Are Slashed - NYTimes.com

+1 SemperFi. I had the same observations

Janq, my wife has similar views as yours but sometimes like last weekend she surprises me. I was locking up my pistol before heading into a movie (no guns in theaters with over 2500 seating in MI) when she said, "that's stupid if anywhere I'd think in you'd need it more someplace like a theater."

What could I say but "I thnk I love you"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebrnr View Post
    Ask him how that's working out in England, or better yet ask him how that's working for the kids and teachers in China.

World Briefing - Asia - China - 9 Students Are Slashed - NYTimes.com

+1 SemperFi. I had the same observations

Janq, my wife has similar views as yours but sometimes like last weekend she surprises me. I was locking up my pistol before heading into a movie (no guns in theaters with over 2500 seating in MI) when she said, "that's stupid if anywhere I'd think in you'd need it more someplace like a theater."

What could I say but "I thnk I love you"?
    OK, so where did you find a theatre that seats that many for a movie?
    We asked my instructor if the 2500 limit is per building or per each theatre and he said it's never been determined.
    I was planning on maybe going to see David Copperfield at the theatre in Flint, and on there web site for reserving it for events they even list it as 2,400 and a few odd seats, but under the 2500 limit. Cool I thought, I can carry there. Thats about the only place, I can think of around here that seat that many in "one" theatre.
    BTW if you ever get a chance to see Copperfield, do it! He is amazing! It's one thing to watch on TV and say. "ok, they stopped the camera while he got out of the box, changed places with the girl in the cage,, or what ever. But when you see it live it defys explanation!

Sorry to hijack but:

MCRGO - Frequently Asked Questions about Michigan Gun Laws

Q: One of the places that I cannot carry concealed is, "An entertainment facility with a seating capacity of 2,500 or more individuals..." (MCL 28.425o. In a movie theater complex (example 18 screens) is the number of seats the total of each individual room or the total of all rooms combined?
    A: The word "facility" is not defined in the statute. When a word does not have a statutory meaning, the dictionary definition applies. One of the meanings given for "facility" in the American Heritage dictionary is, "Something created to serve a particular function." An entertainment facility is something created to supply entertainment. Therefore, the 2,500 seating capacity rule applies to the entire movie complex and not just one theater within the complex.

As you said, it may be vague and unreconciled but until I have a better answer....I usually only go to the smaller and dollar theaters carrying. Otherwise I still have my pepper spray, wits and dirty tricks.

Any show that this manufactured pop "culture" affixes such horrific, degrading, and disgusting labels to actors like "McDreamy" and "McSteamy" based not on their acting talent but physical features is not supposed to be taken seriously and deserves to be thrown into the dustbin of history along with every single hoplophobe known to man.

Dear god half of the pretty girls in our class watch this tripe.
    Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine Class of 2013

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    ....When this guy starts going on about how easy it was to buy the gun only five days before and how the ammo was on sale my blood started to boil. I was so disappointed that the writers and producers had to turn it into a statement.

And of course, my anti-friend calls me and says "of course there is always a lesson to be learned. I understand the right to bear arms and all, but does it have to be so easy?"....

So the anti-gun folks at Grey's succeeded with at least one person I know. They also succeeded at insuring that I will never watch that show again.
    I understand that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. But does it have to be so uninfringed?!
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links