Dennys robbery in Florida

This is a discussion on Dennys robbery in Florida within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If this is posted somewhere else sorry delete this thread. Well here is one of the more difficult scenarios. I only saw the 45 second ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dennys robbery in Florida

VIP Member

Dennys robbery in Florida

If this is posted somewhere else sorry delete this thread.
    Well here is one of the more difficult scenarios. I only saw the 45 second snipet of the videos, dont know how much more there is.
    Multiple bad guys, armed with handguns, lots of customers what are you gonna do?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Yep like I said saw the snipets of video didnt know if there was more. They seemed to know what they were doing.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I would be pretty compliant if they had the upper hand until they wanted everyone to be taken to the back. This one turned out well, but i believe that we all know what usually happens when you moved to a "back room"

VIP Member
    LOL roger that. I would go with the flow up until it turned bad. To draw to three suspects not the best choice but the minute they attempt to hurt someone guess will just have to see what the moment brings.
    Like I said bet one of them had worked there before they seemed to know what they were doing.

What part of Arkansas are you from? I moved out to Las Vegas from Fort Smith.

VIP Member
    When I am home live in central Ark in a city about 25 minutes outside of Little Rock. I am so ready to get a break it will be a year in June since I have been home. Hot Guns on here lives in N. Ark will be giving him a shout when I come in maybe we can all get together.

Sounds like a plan, My wife and i have been in Vegas about 4 years and we are trying like mad to get back home to Arkansas. There just aren't many jobs back home.

Be safe over there, and hopefully we can get some of the AR guys together for some range time when you get home.

VIP Member
    Sounds good

Yeah most back room scenarios turn out badly.... but if you have been trained, you can disarm anyone stupid enough to get close and use their weapon on them, and believe me it is easer than you think.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    No doubt it can be done but the average person does not have those skills. Three to one is not good odds in anyones book.

They all wear the same 'uniform' and try to stay crouched (out of view from windows). My guess is that these chain restaurants are not extremely different from one another and we will be seeing these three again.

I think Dennys needs to post no gun signs....

The location of the robbery is almost as surprising as how it happened, because itís not an area known for crime
    Yep, they don't have crime in that area,,,,oops, didn't. Just walk thru life in condition white as you are in a good area.

Just when did they build a fence around certain areas so crime would not come there.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    the bad guys split up multiple times during the robbery and were not very attentive toward everyone if you watch the video....there are multiple opportunities to engage with one...

the most obvious opportunity is when one is directing people intt the cooler...hands outstretched and not paying attention to people as they pass him...also alone in the back room...

take him out and the others are forced through a funnel to get to you or they exit through the front to escape when they find out they are being resisted heavily...they are not as attentive as they should be and leave many openings for resistance...

it is my understanding that they were very polite to the hostages and it may have left them with a somewhat comforting feel...but the line in the sand is herding to the cooler...its great that it worked out for these people but you would never know until it was over...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links