summer time

This is a discussion on summer time within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mk, so try this one on for size. You are driving down the road and enjoying the day. Suddenly you notice a car full of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: summer time

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

summer time

Mk, so try this one on for size. You are driving down the road and enjoying the day. Suddenly you notice a car full of guys drive up past you. They slam on their brakes and try to run u off the road. You get around them and they start to chase you while firing at you. You are armed and you have two extra magazines. Do you stop and try to engage? Do you engage while driving? Do you just try to avoid them while taking fire?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

probably going to depend on which of my cars I am driving and what the BG vehicle is. If I am driving my cobra I can easily outrun just about anything on the street providing the road is clear and not super congested. If I am in my tahoe the chances of fleeing are not nearly as good.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Mr And Mrs Smith Car Chase Scene_在线视频观看_土豆网视频 娱乐
    Watch this video, this is what I would do EXACTLY, its the best way to handle this kind of situation.
    揥hat we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    Mr And Mrs Smith Car Chase Scene_在线视频观看_土豆网视频 娱乐
    Watch this video, this is what I would do EXACTLY, its the best way to handle this kind of situation.
    classic
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    classic
    I know right? Why not send that wife to do the shooting while you drive
    揥hat we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

I'm with blownsvt, if I'm in my transam, then I can most likely outrun them. However if i'm in the wife's car, then things change.

"It depends." Is this city or rural? Do you know the area well? Is the terrain flat and featureless, or does it offer cover and/or concealment? Do you have plenty of gas that will sustain you for 30+ minutes of driving? You say "you are armed", but with what - a Raven .25 or an AR15?

Looking as broadly as possible at what you have laid out, overall I believe it is relatively hard to score a "kill" shot from a moving vehicle on another moving vehicle. That suggests staying in your vehicle and driving as erratically as conditions allow. If and only if you have detailed knowledge of the geography of the area you're in would I suggest ditching your vehicle and trying to elude the aggressors on foot. A couple of drunk good ol' boys having "fun" probably won't try to chase you down, but on the other hand if you're president of the local bank and the aggressors are out to kidnap you,you can expect the pursuers to be less easily deterred.

Lastly, unless your are armed with something like a Stinger, an RPG or a Dillon Mini-Gun, just about any handgun or rifle you could have on your person would only be a last-ditch defensive weapon.

That's my take on it... but as I said at the outset - "it depends."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I'm headed for the nearest population center with a police department!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hmmm.... 911,report and floor it to the nearest populated area, but it depends on the area,fuel level and what I am driving Vs. what they are driving. I might have to outrun them or I might be screwed and have to shoot back from a stopped vehicle. Either way, VERY bad situation and any way you slice this, youre in trouble from the start.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    You get around them
    Why? It's far easier to stay in control of the situation from behind them.

Passing them is your first mistake.

1st step, calling the state patrol with a license and description.

2nd step, stay back and see if they'll continue on. If not, consider making an abrupt turn down a side road. This gives you a significant lead if they have to stop, turn around, and make up the lost ground.

Shooting during a chase is incredibly irresponsible, and not very likely to help.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Aw, come on. Talking on a cell phone while driving is illegal! You trying to get this guy arrested, or what?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

Aw, come on. Talking on a cell phone while driving is illegal! You trying to get this guy arrested, or what?
    I checked several state statutes and using a cell phone while dialing 911 for emergency services is allowed.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Why? It's far easier to stay in control of the situation from behind them.

Passing them is your first mistake.

2nd step, stay back and see if they'll continue on. If not, consider making an abrupt turn down a side road. This gives you a significant lead if they have to stop, turn around, and make up the lost ground.

Shooting during a chase is incredibly irresponsible, and not very likely to help.

+1 on that
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    you may have no choice but to get around them....from behind they will control your speed and have clear shots at you when they slow you down...

turning off if available would be a great move away from them...if not available you need to take the control away from them...

i'm not shooting from a moving car while driving...i believe i would have enough to do with dialling the cell and keeping their shots out of my face....

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Seeing as I live in the country and rarely am in a congested city and also always have a shotty and coyote gun as well as my edc in my pickup im calling 911 and going off road if they want to pursue when I know every hill top and hiding place in 50 miles they are in for a surprise. To be more political it depends on the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links