You're enjoying dinner in a classy establishment...

This is a discussion on You're enjoying dinner in a classy establishment... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...You are with your wife or SO and suddenly a single BG with a gun comes in. The thinking here is he believes classy restaurant=loaded ...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: You're enjoying dinner in a classy establishment...

...You are with your wife or SO and suddenly a single BG with a gun comes in. The thinking here is he believes classy restaurant=loaded patrons. he orders everyone to freeze and remain seated and threatens to shoot anyone who gets up.

He proceeds to move from table to table demanding pearl necklaces, watches, wallets, anything he can get quickly. he is getting close to your table, by this time you've already quietly draw your firearm under the table and it now rests on your lap in your strong hand. You don't know if he is stable or if he will shoot up the place before leaving, but for not it seems like compliance is working with other tables.

He is now at the table next to yours, he has his back to you as he stands and demands valuables from the neighboring table. Since everyone is seated and he is standing with his back to you 6 feet away you have a clear shot..

do you take the shot? or do you hope for the best and comply? Do you wonder what happens if he discovers you are carrying a gun?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

WWJD...WHAT WOULD JACK DO?

Quote Originally Posted by 45tek View Post
    WWJD...WHAT WOULD JACK DO?
    "DO YOU TRUST ME!!!??"

BLAM!

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

"Here's your check..."
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I end his career of armed robbery, and finish my medium rare steak and blueberry cheesecake....

My life, and the lives of my family, take precedent over him, or ANYONE else in the room. PERIOD. I'm looking for the opportunity, and I'm sitting and he's standing. It's actually an "angle advantage" in the prescence of a crowd. (if there ever is any kind of advantage really, in putting rounds downrange).
    Hesitation, is the worst enemy someone willing to have a deadly weapon can ever possess. Hesitation, might have the ARMED idiot pissed off enough to smack a patron who's taking too long and the weapon go off, killing ME, or a loved one.

We carry to protect ourselves and others, and I'll be damned if I continue to let these idiots dictate my last breath...

Did I mention that the blueberry cheesecake, was delicious? Oh, and that our dinner was paid for by the rest of the people there?
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

Did I mention that the blueberry cheesecake, was delicious?
    Besides, if the DA questions if it was a good shoot or not, you can always plead temporary insanity after eating your desert over the BGs body :p
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Besides, if the DA questions if it was a good shoot or not, you can always plead temporary insanity after eating your desert over the BGs body :p

heh, you're as demented as me. lol!
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

I played that scenario in my head yesterday and feel I would take the shot if I had it, before he becomes a direct threat to me.

But saying it and actually living it is very different. I got held up when I was 16....not a good experience at all...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryRealm View Post
    I end his career of armed robbery, and finish my medium rare steak and blueberry cheesecake....

My life, and the lives of my family, take precedent over him, or ANYONE else in the room. PERIOD. I'm looking for the opportunity, and I'm sitting and he's standing. It's actually an "angle advantage" in the prescence of a crowd. (if there ever is any kind of advantage really, in putting rounds downrange).
    Hesitation, is the worst enemy someone willing to have a deadly weapon can ever possess. Hesitation, might have the ARMED idiot pissed off enough to smack a patron who's taking too long and the weapon go off, killing ME, or a loved one.

We carry to protect ourselves and others, and I'll be damned if I continue to let these idiots dictate my last breath...

Did I mention that the blueberry cheesecake, was delicious? Oh, and that our dinner was paid for by the rest of the people there?
    Exactly...Clean and clear...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i dont see a reason to not take the shot in this case....if its a clear lane and the shot is good its go time...a lot of people are gonna lose their appetites when they see what happens but its gonna be one less bad guy...

i believe it would be adviseable to carefully scan for an accomplice in the mix somewhere...you dont want to turn it into a shootout....

youve got my mouth watering with the cheesecake...

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryRealm View Post

Dont ever interrupt a man who is eating his steak...especially if he's finishing it with the cheescake
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    feel I would take the shot if I had it, before he becomes a direct threat to me.
    Methinks the BG is ALREADY a direct threat to you, and everyone else, as soon as he enters the establishment with his weapon drawn and indicates his agenda.

I would take the shot as soon as practical. Excellent point that another poster made, in regards to being seated and the angle of the shot. It definitely reduces the possibility of hitting someone beyond your target. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post

I would take the shot as soon as practical. Excellent point that another poster made, in regards to being seated and the angle of the shot. It definitely reduces the possibility of hitting someone beyond your target. JMO

precisely why I stressed that I was seated and he was standing and I had a clear shot. I figured this would influence the decision of many.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    keep in mind that your shot at such close range has the potential to pass through the bad guy and deflected could casue injury to a seated person...you have the ability to move bone and internal organs to the outside and its gonna be a messy proposition...its not as easy as poppin a cap in his butt and settling down to finich dinner...it may also take multiple shots to finish the job...in the meantime there is potential for return or random gunfire and some innocent bloodshed...

but he is going down...

from This article:

Waving a chromed semiautomatic pistol, the robber pushed into the building in the bustling Five Points neighborhood of Columbia, S.C., just before 11 p.m. on April 11, 2009. “Gimme what you got!” he yelled, his gun hand trembling.

Attorney Jim Corley was one of four people in the room, the lounge area of a 12-step recovery group’s meeting hall. “He said, ‘Give me your wallet,’” Corley recalled. “So I reached around to my back pocket and gave him what was there.”

Unfortunately for the gunman, later identified as Kayson Helms, 18, of Edison, N.J., that was Corley’s tiny Kel-Tec .32, hidden in a wallet holster and loaded with a half-dozen hollow points. Corley fired once into the robber’s abdomen. The young man turned. Corley fired twice more, hitting him in the neck and again in the torso. Helms ran into the night and collapsed to die on a railroad embankment 100 feet away.

He even waited until the BG was a direct threat to him... And with a little .32 KelTec in a wallet holster.

Just make sure you yell, "Drop the weapon" as you're shooting. So as all the witnesses can say that you gave him a chance to put his gun down.

Now I have to check the icebox for a piece cheesecake?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links