Legal aspects of shooting unarmed man in public restroom - long - Page 11

Legal aspects of shooting unarmed man in public restroom - long

This is a discussion on Legal aspects of shooting unarmed man in public restroom - long within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by oneshot Have you ever noticed how nothing is impossible for those who don't have to do it? That's a great line. So, ...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Legal aspects of shooting unarmed man in public restroom - long

VIP Member

Great line, I need to remember that

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Have you ever noticed how nothing is impossible for those who don't have to do it?
    That's a great line. So, true.

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Here is my take short and simple. If the other guy tries to take my butt then he is going to get shot, Rape and attempted rape are grounds for use of deadly physical force period!
    Please stop feeding the paranoia....just when I thought this thread might come to a close...

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    BB, try spending your mental energy on realistic worries about things with some higher chance of actually happening to you. Because if you don't, as Sticks wrote, "Your only hope will be permanent solitary confinement."
    I think this is what most on this board have been trying to tell him....I mean, it MIGHT be a problem....depending on where he spends the majority of his time...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Look... I have been reading this post for the last 2 days. BB, please turn off the Machismo! Noone is homophobe enough to shoot a man for accidentally showing you his manhood, that being said, why are you looking below the waste in a men's room to begin with? Unwritten rule: NO eye contact at the urinals. Follow this simple Mantra and noone will die unnecessarily.

And stop trying to impress 9MMare with how "Not Gay" you are. Me thinks thou dest protest too much.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by basicbosch View Post
    I would follow the training that I received.

I understand in normal situations by law I'm only allowed to use equal force to someone attempting me assault me. If someone is yelling then I yell, they push I push, they strike I strike. They pull a weapon then I can do as I wish.

However in a situation where someone were attempting to sexually assault me I would follow the same regulations that officers are allowed.

Verbal Direction, Soft Empty Hands, Hard Empty Hands, Intermediate Weapons, and Deadly Force.

In other words if someone were standing in front of me nude I would skip step 1 and move directly to pushing them away, if they resisted me then I would skip to pulling a weapon and threatening. If they continued I would use the weapon. I really don't feel it necessary to give them any verbal command to leave me alone. I would move right to pushing them and striking them if need be depending on their size. If they put their hands on me it would likely be the last thing they did if they didn't turn to run when I pulled out my pistol.

Once again I'm not going to react to someone going about their daily business.

This is the opposite of what you have written, here and on the other forum, that you would shoot someone, standing between you and the door that had exposed their genitals to you OR saw yours exposed...because you perceived it as a threat of sexual assault (you said that would be your defense).
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Exactly...he can use force if he needs to 'escape' the restroom or whatever....just not lethal force. Isnt this related to 'disparity of force?'

And when you read that post...it shows that he doesnt care about opp, ability, jeopardy...because he says that once the dead man is found with his genitals hanging out....no one else can dispute his story that he was being threatened with sexual abuse...."dead men tell no tales' and the jury will have to believe whatever he says.

I really have a problem with this....this is illegal, immoral (IMO), and dangerous
    BB can you speak to this?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

And the moderators thing I'm a handful because I occasionally give people a piece of my mind...

Yet, this farce has been allowed to proceed to this ignominious point.

I see.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    And the moderators thing I'm a handful because I occasionally give people a piece of my mind...

Yet, this farce has been allowed to proceed to this ignominious point.

I see.
    No violation of rules (not that I am an expert on them - had my share of wrist slaps), no peeing contests between members that keeps escalating. No personal attacks, just observational statements. No intent to violate the law - Clear blatant misinterpretation of the law though.

May also be handing out rope in which to insure a proper end result which will hurt us all pubically, but better for everyone in the long run insuring there will be no free repeater.

And the more senior members are held to a higher standard. Double standard, I know, but we (do I qualify?) know better.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

BB sounds like someone who has some serious issues. Pray you never meet this character in a public restroom or any other place. This guy is scary. I hope this guy is locked up before he hurts someone.

I am certain you won't be reading anything like that. I have had the situation where I was armed and justified to shoot my ex fiancé, ex husband. Just before he threw her off the steps and came inside where I was standing in the middle of the room with my pistol I dropped the clip and flung it under the couch, then I remembered Michigan's duty to retreat and ran out the back door with him following me, I created a scene and he jumped on me and I used fluid shock wave strikes and finally head locked him until deputies arrived.

The funny thing that day, the officer knew him because he had been called there before. He gave me the advice before they drove away with him, next time make sure there is only one side of the story to tell........ This was after I told him I stood waiting with my pistol pointed at the door.

I know the levels of force. This is the class I took. PPCT Management Systems, Inc. in college.
    I for one enjoy your way out wacky posts and hope you stay on here as a regular. This place has gotten boring as heck, right up until I started reading this thread. Fluid shock wave high fives buddy!
    You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

(b) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent sexual assault of himself or herself or of another individual
    your misquoting this part troll.
    the quote it "if a resonable person believes that "
    somone using a public restroom in a normal fasion is not out to rape anyone. go back to your cage and stop trolling here.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I really can't believe this post is still running. I thought it would have been shut down a long time ago.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Glad I live FAR AWAY, Hope no Vacation plans for FL. ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    No...you're not.

Unfortunately, if you didnt read the original thread linked to the other forum, it's been deleted (others were not nearly as restrained as all of you, incl. me.)

At least most of you are giving constructive responses.

He is well known on the other forum...but this did come as surprise to many. Mostly he just seemed homophobic...but there is more to it than that apparently.

I mean...is this something you would admit to? "When the other guys in high school made fun of me for not changing in the locker room, I would retaliate by plastering their lockers with notes saying they were gay. That stopped them pretty fast. They all started showering at home after that."

I have asked and the mods over there have bookmarked it so that it's not permanently deleted...just no longer public.
    Too bad that it got deleted, I didn't have time to go through a long thread until this weekend. I'm still catching up on email from the various gun boards that I'm subscribed to. If he's not a troll, I actually hope he hangs around here and does some more reading on how others respond to threats in which lethal force is an option.

BB, it seems like you have some serious issues that need to be worked on if you have an irrational fear of being in a restroom with other men. You have even more issues if you have an irrational fear of being raped by another man. Before this thread, I never really gave this topic much thought other than for the occasional crude joke. I'm not sure if there is something that has made you way, but in your place I would definitely seek some professional counseling to work on this.

Also, I would seek a consultation with a competent lawyer that specializes in self defense law to just see what kind of legal ground you are on with respect to this topic. Run some scenarios with him, see just how far a potential rapist would have to push things until you could reasonably be in fear of an imminent sexual assault. It will also give you a good idea of just how a jury in your area would react on the extremely unlikely event this does occur and it goes to trial. Won't be cheap, but I think it's worth it in your case.
    Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC)
    Bersa Thunder .380 (EDC)
    Sig Sauer P226
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Winchester Model 70 .270

Administrator

I tried giving the thread at least seven fluid shock wave strikes but, it just absolutely refused to delete.
    Possibly I didn't use enough force.

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    I really can't believe this post is still running. I thought it would have been shut down a long time ago.

i for would like this one deleted. but if that is not possible, LOCK IT ASAP.:argh 4:
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

Sponsored Links