Legal aspects of shooting unarmed man in public restroom - long

This is a discussion on Legal aspects of shooting unarmed man in public restroom - long within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; thats classic...i love it... i shot the guys who kept their hands behind them because i thought they were showing off and found them a ...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal aspects of shooting unarmed man in public restroom - long

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    thats classic...i love it...

i shot the guys who kept their hands behind them because i thought they were showing off and found them a threat to my masculinity and possible sexual assault predators...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    +1. I think we are being trolled here.
    Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC)
    Bersa Thunder .380 (EDC)
    Sig Sauer P226
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Winchester Model 70 .270

Quote Originally Posted by metallic View Post
    sure we are...but do you have something better to do?...if nothing else its mental exercise...

Since BB was referred here by another member--it is possible....It's like Gecko45 all over again.....dumping his gun to go H2H....even if the other guy is out to do him harm....so many issues with this one....I find myself typing and erasing...and then walking away......but, it's like a train wreck....you want to see what happens next...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

morbid curiosity?....

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    morbid curiosity?....
    Yep...

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Hopyard....
    "But worse, you clearly don't understand that you have an obligation to use the minimum amount of force necessary to extricate yourself from a situation."

BINGO!
    Exactly...he can use force if he needs to 'escape' the restroom or whatever....just not lethal force. Isnt this related to 'disparity of force?'

And when you read that post...it shows that he doesnt care about opp, ability, jeopardy...because he says that once the dead man is found with his genitals hanging out....no one else can dispute his story that he was being threatened with sexual abuse...."dead men tell no tales' and the jury will have to believe whatever he says.

I really have a problem with this....this is illegal, immoral (IMO), and dangerous.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by metallic View Post

No...you're not.

Unfortunately, if you didnt read the original thread linked to the other forum, it's been deleted (others were not nearly as restrained as all of you, incl. me.)

At least most of you are giving constructive responses.

He is well known on the other forum...but this did come as surprise to many. Mostly he just seemed homophobic...but there is more to it than that apparently.

I mean...is this something you would admit to? "When the other guys in high school made fun of me for not changing in the locker room, I would retaliate by plastering their lockers with notes saying they were gay. That stopped them pretty fast. They all started showering at home after that."

I have asked and the mods over there have bookmarked it so that it's not permanently deleted...just no longer public.
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Since BB was referred here by another member--it is possible....It's like Gecko45 all over again.....dumping his gun to go H2H....even if the other guy is out to do him harm....so many issues with this one....I find myself typing and erasing...and then walking away......but, it's like a train wreck....you want to see what happens next...

Believe me, you're giving him too much credit...no way up to the level of Gecko 45.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    You know unfortunatly even a well known and once honerable forum member can turn into a troll if his/her pride gets the best of him/her...

Great thing about being here is the mods care enough to you if you get out of line
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It was my hope he would understand that his plan to lie to a jury was wrong, period.

And that there is a difference between force and lethal force and that he was not legally justified in shooting a man that 'exposed himself' to BB, or if another man accidentally 'saw BB exposed.' Unfortunately, he still feels he's justified, but I appreciate peoples' very constructive and restrained responses.

Apparently he has a fiance...but also must still be a virgin since he doesnt believe in sex except for procreation. Not that there's anything wrong with remaining a virgin until marriage, but like with Catholic priests, I wonder if this, for some, channels 'energy' into unhealthy directions?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    You know unfortunatly even a well known and once honerable forum member can turn into a troll if his/her pride gets the best of him/her...

Great thing about being here is the mods care enough to you if you get out of line
    Honestly, I think his continued participation in this forum would be a good thing...on other subjects besides himself of course. He may yet gain a broader understanding of gun law.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Honestly, I think his continued participation in this forum would be a good thing...on other subjects besides himself of course. He may yet gain a broader understanding of gun law.
    ...and see how "normal" people deal with issues, read the law...instead of withdrawing into his version of reality...

Personally, I couldn't care less what happens to "BB."

I have advised twice that if he doesn't want to believe everyone here, he should go try his "legal theory" out on a criminal trial attorney and get his advice since he'll likely be hiring one anyway to defend him one day.

I suspect he already knows what that meeting would go like, so instead he continues to return here to gin up crap with us.

As far as I'm concerned this thread has deteriorated into a waste of bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare
    Personally, I think he's being purposely obtuse and is more along the line of a troll... An annoyance.
    Last edited by Bark'n; May 29th, 2010 at 12:10 AM.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Agreed with bark'n

Hopefully BB can abide by The forum rules. If not he will undoubtedly end up like the rest of the failed trolls.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Links