Actual occurence - Page 2

Actual occurence

This is a discussion on Actual occurence within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Guantes Make like a rabbit befor they get too close. I would take a quick look to make sure it is not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Actual occurence

VIP Member

We had a kid killed this way--over the fence

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Make like a rabbit befor they get too close. I would take a quick look to make sure it is not a unit (cop car), no way to tell if it is a "slick" (unmarked car) in the dark.

Direction and path (over fences, etc) would depend on perception at the time. Odds are bad, weapons nil, depart.
    We had a kid killed this way about 3 weeks ago. He ran into a neighbor's yard to escape attackers and got trapped between a fence and the attackers. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't.

And, good point about making sure it isn't an unmarked car before running and yelling.

I still think this fellow's luck just ran out except that he survived somehow.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    We had a kid killed this way about 3 weeks ago. He ran into a neighbor's yard to escape attackers and got trapped between a fence and the attackers. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't.

and somehow its worse than the situation he was in when he decided to run?...if it was his only choice he had to take the chance...the threat exists....you can stay and endure or run and try to outdistance or take away interest...i doubt staying would have changed the outcome....

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    sounds like a residential type neighborhood by the fact that the samaritan turned on a porch light and offered assistance...

at the first sign something is wrong a direction change...either back the way you came to force the vehicle to make a correction and commit to you or up a drivewa/walk toward an occupied home...that much more distance they would have to cover to get to you and more involvement from neighbors quickly if it happens in their front yards/porch...make noise while youre moving and make it clear that you need help..it sounds cliche but yelling "fire" would draw multiple neighbor attention...as opposed to people not wanting to get involved...

i am guessing they didnt want to chase as it would pull them away from their getaway vehicle...

another option would be dropping the wallet and running...you challenged multiple attackers in a poor situation for the victim....and sa wasnt that good...it realized something was going amiss but did nothing to prevent or derail the attack...

i was chased down by a guy once and ran right into a backyard where a homeowner was stunned when he saw me come over the fence...i immediately apologized...told him i was being chased and disappeared into the next yard...the person chasing me broke off as soon as i went to the backyard ...not his turf and didnt know what to expect....i dealt with him the next day on my terms n a very public area...

edit....sorry..i missed the if carrying question...draw and concealed when something didnt feel right...face the potential attacker and request they stand down...any threat and present...shoot if necessary...dont know about the shotgun but youre facing multiple attackers...you are in fear of great bodily harm or a forcible felony...make noise indicating you need help and hope they go away cause if they dont theres gonna be a mess on the sidewalk....

I will not request anyone stand down when they threaten me and say they have a knife. I put 3 in the chest without making any requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    the second he saw the knife.... BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM .. until threat is stopped.

Person comes out of the house,

Person : "please call the police these guys just tried to kill me ".
    I 2nd this comment.

If it were me, the second I saw the knife in his hand I would have made a jab with my knife to his neck as fast as I could doing by best not to telegraph... If I landed it, the BG is on the ground bleeding out. Then I run, call 911 when I can doing my best to hide from his buddies. Question is will they stay back to tend to their buddy, or will they say screw him and chase you? In lots of cases, knives can do more damage than a gun. I wouldn't take my chances to see if he'll just take my wallet and leave...
    It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    H&K USP .45 compact
    Glock 27
    Ruger LCP (she's so cute!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links