Teens pointing fake guns @ motorist - Page 2

Teens pointing fake guns @ motorist

This is a discussion on Teens pointing fake guns @ motorist within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is an early article I found..... BUFFALO -- A Buffalo teenager is dead after he allegedly tried to rob an off-duty police officer. Police ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teens pointing fake guns @ motorist

Here is an early article I found.....
    BUFFALO -- A Buffalo teenager is dead after he allegedly tried to rob an off-duty police officer.

Police say 15-year-old Kelvin Rodolph walked up to Officer Lamar McCulley and demanded his valuables outside a minimart early Friday, threatening him with what appeared to be a semiautomatic handgun. They say McCulley then pulled his own weapon and shot the teen dead.

It turned out the weapon Rodolph allegedly pointed at the officer was a BB gun, but authorities say their initial investigation finds that the use of deadly force appears to have been justified.

Police say the 26-year-old officer - now on administrative leave pending further investigation - had just finished his shift and bought a soda at the minimart's pass through window when the teen approached.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I actually had this happen to me a very long time ago. It's the closest I've ever come to using my firearm, and the only time I've drawn on someone with the intent to fire.

I did not fire and the kids had no idea what just happened. They went merrily on their way.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I read something like this and I have to wonder; what do you suppose the last though through the kid's mind was?
    In all likelihood, a jacketed hollowpoint.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I was 7 when my father (who was not arround much) taught me one of the most important lessons I have ever learned.

"Never point a gun, real or fake, at anyone, unless you are ready to kill them, or die yourself."

There have been hundreds of stories about kids being shot because of toy guns, fortunately, I was never one of them. My father really was a good dad when he could be, too bad these kids didn't even have that much.

All we can do is hope that they do not die, and permanently scar one of the fine men, or women protecting us.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'll bet that they are really good boys who are in the process of getting their lives turned around...
    Aren't they all?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This is one of the big nightmare scenarios. The only worse nightmare is being killed by what you thought was a toy gun.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Well, when the fool kid gets his head blown off, he'll get no sympathy from me. He is also commiting assault, whether he realizes it or not.
    Kids do all kinds of stupid things. They are too young to have learned all of life's lessons. That's why they aren't allowed to drink, drive, or own real guns. But that doesn't mean they won't become responsible intelligent people when they get older. I imagine your opinion might differ if you found out it was your idiot son who jokingly pointed a toy gun at a passing car and got shot to death for it.
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sentioch View Post
    Kids do all kinds of stupid things. They are too young to have learned all of life's lessons. That's why they aren't allowed to drink, drive, or own real guns. But that doesn't mean they won't become responsible intelligent people when they get older. I imagine your opinion might differ if you found out it was your idiot son who jokingly pointed a toy gun at a passing car and got shot to death for it.
    If that was my son, I would still feel sad. But if he did got shot for doing that kind of foolishness, then he got what he deserved. I would not have any ill feelings toward someone that shot him in self-defense. And it would be unfair to sue the defender, although it does happen very often.

These things are very scarey. Sometimes its adults with essentially no fault. I nearly killed a guy over a "toy" gun and while there may have been some ignorance, there was no fault on his part.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    And if you decide no to shoot, also make sure you report the incident before they report you and then end up making a story that you were the aggressor.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Idiots.
    I concur.....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Well, when the fool kid gets his head blown off, he'll get no sympathy from me. He is also commiting assault, whether he realizes it or not.
    I can't be so heartless. Children do stupid things. When it goes bad, like it has a few times with teens / children waving around toys, I feel bad for the person who injured the child (hard to live with) and even the child and parents (no matter how stupid).
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Teens pointing fake guns @ motorists?

What a great way to thin the herd!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Don't take a fake gun to gunfight?

On a more serious note; this is exactly the reason why they need to teach some type of Gun Education program in school. You can't just go around pointing guns at someone, real or fake.

Imagine what would happen if that same kid had pointed that gun at you or me while we walking on the sidewalk. In my head: I see gun, I see it's aimed in my direction, and I react by equaling his "deadly" force with my deadly force. That could have been really ugly...
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    These things are very scarey. Sometimes its adults with essentially no fault. I nearly killed a guy over a "toy" gun and while there may have been some ignorance, there was no fault on his part.
    if an adult is pointing a gun at you, real or fake, and this is not in a play or something that uses props and scripts to which you have willingly submitted, how does (s)he have no culpability? Was he pointing at what he thought was thin air when you came out from your invisibilty cloak? I am interested in your thoughts on this
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links